“You get what you pay for...”

Budget Inn Melbourne
Ranked #21 of 22 Hotels in Melbourne
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just don't look in the microwave, that's what my husband said, so I didn't...

We stayed because we just needed a place to stay overnight due to our motorcycle breaking down. Did a quick search for something cheap after paying a huge towing bill and it was late. It appears they are trying to update the place, but it still needs work. The bed was comfy and it worked for one night. We stayed down the road on our trip back to get our motorcycle a few weeks later.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Budget Inn Melbourne

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Seedy clientele..Old stained rooms that smell...Odd loud noises thru out the nite..Couldn't sleep that well...Will never stay again,.Stand clear.....Motel 6 in Palm Bay is a lot cheaper...!!
Manager is a little ignorant also...Almost like he didn't care if yu stay or not..!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Paulee D
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We purchased a room for two adults. On the following morning, an hour before checkout, my girlfriend was harassed by management and asked to leave. She was simply standing in the parking lot and speaking on her cell phone. She was approached by management and asked for proof that she was a guest. When she could not immediately remember the room number, they threatened to call police. I came down from the room, showed them my receipt and was still yelled at by the manager. He was extremely rude. The room was below average, and the lights did not work in the room. I'm never coming back.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 617Mike
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We caught the area at a drama convention and stayed here as a last resort. Our cost was $69.69. Smelly; bed should have been replaced years ago; crack in door big enough for creatures to enter without payment; bathroom disgusting;we made sure our luggage was closed, and tried to get to sleep before we thought about the room.No breakfast; office handled billing by hand. Not cheap as you had to find breakfast elsewhere.

Room Tip: Plan ahead to avoid a place like this.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were shocked. instead of all the ch priv. hotels and b wes hotel places at $120. nite we checked the room 1st. were shocked , it smelled OK, no blood or other marks on the mattress (No bed pests eh!) Total cost was <$46. with a room coupon. No breakfast cept a bun but who cares at that price. lots of TV channels but no scroll alas. Sad to check the channels each 1/2 hour. No train wistles either.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I wanted a quick getaway with my love and it wasn't even worth it at the Budget Inn. I learned that we could not have visitors after 10p as their was a previous Prostitution Ring invasion at this place! Wow! The ice machine did not work meaning every time I wanted ice I had to walk to the front office for them to give me ice. No, I'm not walking to the very front at 1-2am by myself, a female. The rooms come with a mini fridge. No point if they don't cool until the following morning. Then, I was quoted a certain amout over the phone, was charged about $11 extra & then I when I find a cheaper price online upon check out to write this review, they will not honor their price online. I hate this place, will never come back, will never recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ashley B
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Wow. Usually such a disgustingly dirty hotel would at least be cheap. On a drive with friends, we stopped at this hotel as it was the only available place we could find (first clue) during Spring Break. The walls were dirty, the bathtub was dirty, all around it was gross.

I gave it two stars solely because the woman at the front desk was very polite and professional. If I could have said anything nice about the place, I would have, but, sadly, I must report honestly.

There are many other hotels in the area. If my group hadn't been so exhausted, we would have looked around. As it was, we stayed in filth for as short a time as possible.

Might be okay for drunk college kids, but if you are sober, best to pay for a clean place.

Room Tip: "Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room"--Ok, my tip is to check out another hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends