“Lets Talk Authenticity,"This Is The Italian Real Deal"!”
Review of Bacco Wine Cafe

Bacco Wine Cafe
Ranked #47 of 437 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian, Wine Bar
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Lets Talk Authenticity,"This Is The Italian Real Deal"!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

When I recently spent some time in Tuscany, Italy, I was amazed by the friendliness, culture, history & of course THE FOOD! I nearly had regrets about returning and facing Melbourne' s Finest Italian Restaurants of which there are only a handful. My first Italian venture upon my return was to Bacco Wine Cafe. I wanted to keep the memory of my trip alive. Long explanations of every facet of my dinner experience are unneccessary, but what is important is to convey that this fine restaurant is "totally authentic"... From the proprietors to the cuisine and wine choices, plus the added benefit of "Old World Service"! Your meal will be made with LOVE and served from the HEART with a SMILE! Try getting that almost anywhere...Believe me, you'll think you we're dining "Under The Tuscan Sun".....

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AlwaysStarving

Melbourne, Florida
“A nice place to eat”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We enjoyed Bacco Wine Cafe. It is a bit small, but quaint. With their recent move down a few units, their remodel is nice. A bit noisy as they have concrete floor and nothing to absorb noise. The food was wonderful and the service was great. It is a bit pricey, but we would go back.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jackie B
Asheville, North Carolina
“Like Friends and Family”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Not only do you even a great dinner, it's like you've gone to a friends house or back home. Our last trip/dinner we had the the Mahi Mahi and it was made to perfection. Tasted healthy as well, which is very important to us. Not too salty, no "sauce", just fresh fish and fresh tomatos. Highly recommend, if it's on the daily special menu. They have a respectable wine selection as well. The owner is always there, friendly, knows his regulars, and willing to share a story with any "guest" enjoying dinner at this restaurant. The recently moved just a few doors down and the inside has a facelift. We'd like to see the business "explode" and for them to expand where they are located. Also IF they added outdoor dinning and being able to have your dog join you would make this an over the top awesome place to dine.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gator G
Palm Bay, Florida
“Great Food, Good Service, Bring Your Wallet”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We had dinner at Bacco Wine Café tonight for the first time. We had a wonderful experience there. The menu is not huge but there is a great variety. The food was better than excellent, both tasty and in its presentation. The meat portions were a bit small but the pasta entrees looked to be very generous. The service was very attentive. The restaurant is small, the atmosphere is nice and is very understated. It is a quiet romantic place. It is a bit pricey. Two salads, one glass of wine, two entrees and a split dessert with tip came to over $90.00. That is expensive for this area. The bathroom was spotless. We made reservations and one nice touch was my name was on the table on the reserved sign. We will go back!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank JackofPBFL
Melbourne, FL, USA
“Fresh pasta cooked in true Italian style.”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Food is fabulous and specials are killer. I'd have given Bacco's 5 circles but for their location and size. It's in a strip mall near a Publix. Inside, you are transported, but you must call for a reservation because it's small and fills up, especially with the King Center crowd on Saturdays. Rafaella does the cooking and Loris (her husband) overseas all. Excellent staff. Always great wines to try and if you want to bring an open bottle home, they have the correct travel bags so no problems with driving with an open bottle.
One of 3 or 4 places in all of Brevard that makes their pasta fresh every night. Rafaella will take suggestions for specials if you have a favorite, but you have to ask/reserve well in advance so she can shop.
The bread isn't fabulous, but they serve it hot and refill as often as you like. I save the room and the calories and go for real food instead.
Never a heavy hand on the fats/oils. Their clams in wine and garlic is to die for. It often bothers me in other restaurants due to how much oil/butter is used, but never a problem here. Just great taste. I wanted to lick my plate!!! Used a bit of bread to do the honors. My husband was hoping for more than the bite I gave him. Oh well, he'll have to order his own next time! Too darn good to share.
Prices are reasonable, wine markup lower than most and the wines are great! I find many that become staples in our home.
Give it a try and just don't steal my spot. Please!

Visited May 2013