“Too overpriced, too snobby to wait on us promptly!”
Review of Bacco Wine Cafe

Bacco Wine Cafe
Ranked #51 of 438 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
West Melbourne, Florida
“Too overpriced, too snobby to wait on us promptly!”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We had Groupon coupon, but this time I neglected to checkout the menu first. If I had, I would have bought another Groupon for Boteco Brazilian Restaurant in Orlando instead! This place is not open til Tuesdays; too small, and squished us into a too small table where the dishes were simply piled up by a snobby, pretentious server who looked down his/her nose at us simply because we didn't want wine! I don't feel like sharing all my medical reasons for not imbibing-suffice to say, they were ticked off that we weren't going to drink! No one ever cleared off the plates, unthinkable in anyt establishment ! The appetizers were $15.00 each, the cheapest, so spending $30. on a coupon merely covered our starters! No, I'm not cheap, I love the Chart House too, I just prefer more of a variety than pasta or risotto for my appetizer. The menu was very limited, the pasta with eggplant nothing to write home about! The chicken was actually underspiced, bland, and the long waits to get our water & unsweet tea refilled , along with any "do you need anything else? Is everything to your liking?" not forthcoming. I would rather save up & when we take our next Viking River Cruise, spend the money there! Too bad, since we are regulars at many functions and concerts across, at the King Center! I see many good review here, but the lack of warmth & attention, not to mention civility & manners, caused me to NOT recommend this place! I don't think it was simply a bad night-look at other reviews online and you'll see a pattern of indifference! All I all, forget it!

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank AllenABK

New Jersey
“Intimate and Well Crafted Food”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

This small space packs a punch. Great Chicken Marsala and the vegetable sides were the best I've had. Order the dark chocolate mousse. It was light and delicious as was the house dressing. Love this place.

1 Thank Naomi B
Melbourne, Florida
“Lamb Chops to Die For”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This restaurant is one of my favorites! My husband and I have been there several times and I just can't get passed the Lamb Chops --- they are my favorite! My husband loves the Pork and pasta as well. The desserts are fabulous! I had home made apple tart and he had his favorite - flan!

You won't be disappointed in this lovely establishment. Try it and let me know your thoughts.

1 Thank JoanFLRealtor
Cape Cod, Massachusetts
“Lets Talk Authenticity,"This Is The Italian Real Deal"!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

When I recently spent some time in Tuscany, Italy, I was amazed by the friendliness, culture, history & of course THE FOOD! I nearly had regrets about returning and facing Melbourne' s Finest Italian Restaurants of which there are only a handful. My first Italian venture upon my return was to Bacco Wine Cafe. I wanted to keep the memory of my trip alive. Long explanations of every facet of my dinner experience are unneccessary, but what is important is to convey that this fine restaurant is "totally authentic"... From the proprietors to the cuisine and wine choices, plus the added benefit of "Old World Service"! Your meal will be made with LOVE and served from the HEART with a SMILE! Try getting that almost anywhere...Believe me, you'll think you we're dining "Under The Tuscan Sun".....

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank AlwaysStarving
Melbourne, Florida
“A nice place to eat”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We enjoyed Bacco Wine Cafe. It is a bit small, but quaint. With their recent move down a few units, their remodel is nice. A bit noisy as they have concrete floor and nothing to absorb noise. The food was wonderful and the service was great. It is a bit pricey, but we would go back.

1 Thank Jackie B