“Very good food, Lebanese/Greek”
Review of Cedar's Cafe

Cedar's Cafe
Ranked #112 of 447 Restaurants in Melbourne
Cuisines: Lebanese, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Very small restaurant in a strip shopping center. Inside was full so sat at one of several tables outside on sidewalk. Was actually very nice and romantic. My girlfriend and I had a very nice bottle of wine. Waiter was very good, brought several bottles out to sample. Love the chicken skewers. White sauce a bit much--suggest ordering on the side if at all. Didn't go into the actual restaurant but it's rated as a very nice atmosphere. Will go back.

1  Thank ChrisC-Ohio

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I have been here several times, and I really enjoyed the food. Just about everything on the menu is worth a try. It has many of the typical Mediterranean dishes such as, gyros, grape leaves, falafels, and tabouli. They have mostly meat options including skewers, and they do offer a couple vegetarian dishes. The place has a nice ambience, though it is small. The service has always been very good, and the prices are very fair. If you like Lebanese food definitely give it a try!

1  Thank greenygreen777
Reviewed 2 June 2013

We tried Cedar's Cafe based on reviews on Trip advisor. We saw many good comments. so, we took the long drive just to eat there. We tried the (3) item sampler that was highly recommend by our server. I told our server that we wanted the absolute best items on the menu. So, we took our servers suggestion and got the falafel, grape leaves and some kind cold pinto bean that they got out of a can. We never in our life eaten food that was this gross before. I would love to write some positive comments about this place but, I would be lying. I couldn't eat there again even if it was free. Maybe their friends and relatives added the good comments.into trip advisor for them. Sorry, I was very disapointed !!!!!

1  Thank Nolalady34
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

Nice selection of authentic Lebanese Cuisine. You will definitely bring home left-overs. I enjoyed the Kafta for 2 meals. Hidden in a store front location next to Panera Bread.

1  Thank Papagobbler
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I went for lunch at 2:00 pm, just after the lunch rush. Service was great. I ordered the gyro sandwich and since I missed breakfast I also ordered the hummus (small side). I forgot how huge the sandwich was and could only it half of it and half of the hummus. The gyro sandwich was full of meat and had a great sauce. Great dinners there too. Would recommend reservations of you are planning on going to somewhere after dinner. BTW - the owner told me they were redecorating the restaurant and removing the giant phhotos of Greece on the walls. Can't wait to check it out after the redo.

1  Thank Kipfb