“Poor service and mediocre food” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Poor service and mediocre food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

I live in Melbourne Beach and have visited this restaurant quite a few times. The service is usually poor and the food is bland. I try to support local restaurants, but can no longer support this one. Tonight I was in a pinch and needed to get a pizza for takeout, so I called. The phone rang once and then there was a disconnect. I called back. The phone rang and rang, so I drove up there since I live close by. The phone was still ringing and the waiter was clearly ignoring it. I told him that I had tried to call and the waiter responded "I have a philosphy that I don't answer the phone when we are busy". That is the last straw for me - I've tried to support them, but the inferior service is such a turnoff I can no longer turn a blind eye. Later this evening I spoke to some friends and they too commented that the service is typically inadequate. If you want a good pizza, go to the Melbourne Beach Supermarket next door, or take a short drive up to Indialantic and go to Bizzaro's. If you want a child-friendly atmosphere and great food go to David's - especially on Tuesday. But don't waste your money at the Sandbar.

Visited October 2011
3 Thank Doug_Hilmes

West Palm Beach, Florida
“great fish tacos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

we went to sandbar on taco tuesday 1/2 price tacos. the baja fish tacos were great! see you next summer.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Two stars is generous, but they seem like nice people.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2009

The previous review I read was correct. The food is very expensive and you get the bill and think....what??! It is mostly pub food, the pizza is lousy, the service is s l o w. However, the Ma-hi Wrap is OK and the Joey wings are really good. I personally like the Conch fritters, but some of my friends hate them. I stopped in here last week and took home the Joey wings and a chicken quesadilla. The wings were tasty, but the quesadilla was flavorless, like eating a plain flour tortilla. I added hot sauce just so it had some flavor. It cost about $14.00 for ten wings and a useless quesadilla.

If you're looking for value check out Beach Street Eatery next door. They have great pizza and fresh tasty food at much better prices.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AvidEater2009
Palm Bay
“Beware”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2008

When we saw this restaurant after leaving the beach to get something to eat it said "Are you tired of ordinary food?" on the window. They were right about one thing, there food was not ordinary it was worse! When we looked at the menu the prices were outrageous. So we ordered an appetizer of onion rings,an appetizer of Chicken Strips, a kids cheeseburger for the little one, and drinks. When they brought out the food there were eight onion rings in the appetizer! Who pays a dollar per onion ring??? When the waitress saw our face she had the cook make some more. If we hadn't been upset about it they probably would have just left it that way. There were also 4 regular sized chicken strips and two little pieces. The worst part about everything was the way the food tasted. The chicken and the onion rings were processed food and previously frozen. The cheeseburger I gave to my daughters was a processed patty that tasted disgusting. Bottom line I would not even think about going there twice!!! Our total bill ended up being $28 for two appetizers, 3 drinks, and 1 kids meal. Not at all worth the price!!!

3 Thank PalmBaygirl