“Second time back to this wonderful place!”

Seashell Suites Resort
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I picked this beautiful "suite motel" based on Trip Advisor when we came to see the annual turtle nesting. We liked it so much the first time, we came back just to relax. It's a gem!

Think small " boutique" motel. ( Like a boutique hotel, but in a motel layout) The new owners took a family style motel, in a prime location on the ocean, and did a gorgeous upgrade to suites with great amenities. Each suite has a living room, 2 bedrooms, full kitchen. I love the rooms- beautifully decorated, nicely furnished.

It's a great location- gorgeous quiet beach, close to nature! There's also a beautiful pool; outdoor seating area with a grill; bikes, beach chairs and surf boards!

The website describes this well, except that it's a much more " low key" , tranquil place than I thought it would be from the website. Wonderful stay each time, and we'll be back.

I almost hate to provide this great review, because once "word gets out", it may be hard to get a reservation! ( this is the kind of " value for the money" that is hard to find, and I don't want there to be a waiting list when I want to come back).

Room Tip: All suites are wonderful ( I think they are all the same layout, just different decorating themes).
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wagerard
SeashellSuites, Owner at Seashell Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Mr. G, thank you very much for taking the time to write a positive review of our private little compound. We are very glad you enjoy your beach time and the wonderful environment here at Seashells, and look forward to your return again, when the time is available, and the mood strikes. Many thanks Sir ! Wendell

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I needed to escape the overwhelming crowds of Disney/Orlando at Christmastime and upon my arrival at this unique, 8 Suite oasis of tranquility, I knew I had the made the right choice. As you enter the property you are surrounded by foliage and flowers and well maintained, suites with a Key West sort of flavor. We were welcomed onto the resort by the owner and even though it was quite early, our suite was ready and we were given immediate access, which was truly appreciated after traveling with two small children who really needed to breathe some clean fresh salt air. The rooms were spotless and beautifully appointed. The beds and the bedding were extremely comfortable. You have your own kitchen with full refrigerator and stove. The back door opens onto a small area where you can enjoy a private moment to read a book or have a cup of tea. There is a very well stocked room at the beach end of the resort with all kinds of complimentary snacks/drinks, coffee in the morning, free use of new washers and dryers, and pool/beach towels. Resort has a very lovely pool and sauna as well as a very pretty area to use for grilling or eating meals. Beach access is just steps away and you can walk forever in each direction on a stunning stretch of white sand. Beachfront Tiki hut with seating and lounge chairs awaits you. Sit here in the morning awaiting the sunrise and watch the surf as pelicans and osprey soar overhead. Surfboards, pails shovels and boogie boards are available for your use, as well as clean/comfortable beach chairs you can bring down onto the sand. The staff are more than attentive and make you feel like you are "really welcome" not just another customer. The owner and his wife were both on site and could not have been more pleasant, interesting, accommodating friendly people. There are also numerous nature trails located a short distance from the resort. If you are looking for a place where you can enjoy nature and escape the hustle and bustle and high rise lifestyle hotels, this is the place for you.

Room Tip: All suites are two bedrooms and seem to be set up the same. I would view the suites on the web site...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

I read your review several times, and I must say, it is so well worded and thought out. Your comments touch on every single aspect of Seashell Suites that I have worked to promote and have our guests experience. The simplicity of a beautiful, easily accessible, comfortable, and nature filled compound for the family or vacationers to enjoy....not more....but less. True nature in all its splendor, untouched and pristine. I thank you so very much for being our guests of course, but also to appreciate the wonderful simplicity and mantra of Seashells. Privacy, Nature and Comfort. Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful and appreciated review. Wendell

Reviewed 9 January 2014

My family and I spent 5 days at Florida's most unique and wonderful nature retreat.I could not say enough positives about this superior, or premium property.Comfortable elegant Suites, healthy and spotless, immaculate property and grounds, friendly and helpful staff, all at excellent value. What more could you want in a vacation within an hour from Orlando with private pristine beachfront playground? This property is truly one of a kind,with so much nature and comfort not only within the gated property, but within the surrounding area of the "Space Coast" of Florida. 10/10 in all respects. Highly recommend this resort and we will surely be back!

Mr.and Mrs. Chamberlain
Port Perry, Ontario

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Beth G
SeashellSuites, Owner at Seashell Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Mrs. C. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us at Seashell Suites Resort. We are very gratified that you identified with the strong points of Seashells, namely, the abundant wildlife in our private beachfront location, the immaculate gated property, and the many fine amenities for you and your family. A perfect fit !! and a welcome break from the record cold of Port Perry as well. Thanks again, and best regards to you all.

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I had the pleasure of staying a seashell suites for three nights with a few friends so we could enjoy the east coast surfing. I was blown away at the property. Very secluded, private, and beautifully kept. The rooms were very clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on!

The staff were great - very accommodating and friendly.

We will absolutely be returning next year to enjoy seashell suites again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Daniel, so very kind of you to take the time and write us a positive and much appreciated note. I had no idea that our Canadian brothers were so adept at surfing, but then again, your hockey is pretty fair at that ! Thank you again and safe travels ! Wendell

Reviewed 2 January 2014

I just finished a 5-night stay at Seashell Suites resort and wow was I impressed! As we pulled up to the private gated resort, we immediately noticed how immaculate the property was. The stone driveway and parking lot was beautifully done and sure made for a dramatic entrance!

The staff were extremely polite, attentive, and helpful, and made every effort to accommodate my family of three children. The pool area was beautifully done, and I loved how the resort provided beach towels, and continued to keep freshly washed towels available for us.

I will most definitely be returning to Seashell Suites!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Sari, how very kind of you to take the time to write us a review. Your compliments and kind words are very much appreciated. We are glad that our perfect weather and beautiful beach appealed to you and Daniel, and that you had a great time away from the ice and snow. Look forward to seeing you both again. Many thanks ! Wendell

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We spent three nights there in May of 2013. Our suite was great--full kitchen, two bedrooms, a big living room. The staff was very friendly. We have two little girls and they had a great time. Nice beach and pool.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
SeashellSuites, Owner at Seashell Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2013

Mark, thank you for taking the time for write a review for us. We are happy that you found the resort to be a good fit for your family, and hope that you will join us again when you are able.
Many Thanks Sir and best regards from us all at Seashell Suites Resort

Reviewed 1 December 2013

ok i really thought it would of been boring up here but my friend convinced me to come and im very happy i did .the beach was so beauitful and found lots to do i got to read it was so peaceful &
the rooms were super clean which i just loved and the staff was so friendly you feel like your at home there service was just great .cant wait to go back there again.

Room Tip: i love being as near to the beach as i can
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sanadia W
SeashellSuites, Owner at Seashell Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Sanadia, thank you so much for taking the time to write a note regarding your stay with us. While I agree that I thought it might not be a perfect fit with your interests, I must say that you certainly seemed to melt in with the peacefulness and nature on our barrier Island facility, and enjoyed the relaxing time with your family and friends, especially those BBQ's, learning to surf, and the high end boutique shopping in Vero Beach.
Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when you are able to visit Florida for some more excellent shopping in Vero Beach and excellent acomodations in Melbourne Beach.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne Beach
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Kimpton Vero Beach Hotel & Spa
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront
Hilton Melbourne Rialto Place

Been to Seashell Suites Resort? Share your experiences!