“Great food and view”

Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: European, French, German, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Authentic German Cuisine served in a relaxed atmosphere right on the Indian River Lagoon. A very Romantic Location to watch the sunset and have a great meal.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Everything is excellent, from appetizers through dessert. The sunset view over the Indian River lagoon is lovely. Favorite place to bring out of town guests.

1  Thank janettheresa

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is an outstanding restaurant that is a little off the beaten path but well worth the drive. It is in a converted house on the inland waterway. It is cozy inside and the staff were very cordial. My son and daughter took my wife and I there on my birthday and it was one of the finest German meal that I ever had. I opted for the combination plate. It included a bratwurst, jaeger schnitzel, and sauerbraten. My gosh, the bratwurst brought back memories of the Hofbrau Haus in Munich, and the schnitzel was as tasty as anything I dined on in the Black Forest region of Germany. The sauerbraten was a bit sweeter than I like, but still very good. The dish came with the ubiquitous red cabbage that was most delicious. All in all, it was a very fine meal and we will be back.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This German restaurant was recommended to us by friends. At first I thought, I am in Florida why eat German?? I can say that this meal was fabulous. The setting is spectacular and reminds me of a traditional German gastehous that is run small and local however it is set alongside the Indian River which provides unsurpassed views. The salad was unique and comprised of 3 various German delights. House made rolls were awesome with garlic/parslied butter, I had the fish and we topped it off by sharing some apple strudel. Oh and of course wine. A wonderful night and I would definitely go back!

1  Thank Elaine R
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Finally we found, by accident a German Style Gasthaus. Looks from the outside like a home. Menu outside to see what's available before you go in. This is typical of German eateries. We were seated immediately, as our German friends had made reservations. It was a Thursday and not crowded at the time, 6pm. 3 sets of plastic tables outside for those who brave the hot Florida Heat, over looking a long pier and the Indian River Sunset.Two main dining areas, one closer to see the water for a better view, and one on the interior..which is harder to see the water, etc. We sat inside close to the beautiful sunset and water. Nothing fancy on the table, but like your grandmother would have in her home, simple linen but nice, some seat cushions are worn and show their age.
German beers on tap, but tonight we just had water, our friends had beer and wine. I took pics of all our meals. Quite nice, simple but tasty. My only issue, was my Jäger Schnitzel was on the small side, two small palm size offerings. I felt it should have been a little bigger. All the other meals in the group seemed plentiful. (see pics). The Spaetzle $4, was like little gold fish sizes and not what I had in Germany with the longer noodles. Not sure I would pay that again. Little confused on what vegs came with which meal, and how to divide it between more than one person. We shared a Black Forest Cake in the end. We sat and chatted for as long as we wanted. More folks came in and in the end, a nice crowd, with all various styles of dress, casual to more dressy. Will come back to taste more of the menu. Prices are not inexpensive, but you get what you pay for, so enjoy your special event, casual dining or just the chance to try a German Meal... I lived in Germany for 6 years..and all in all, I give the food, almost what I remember living in Germany..lol...but all the waitresses spoke English.

1  Thank tpishdad
Reviewed 29 May 2014

You would easily drive past this place, so make sure you have your GPS on! Once you find your way back there though it's definitely worth the trek. Stunning views of the Indian River, especially at sunset. Menu was authentically German in its contents and the four of us in our group all had different meals - Rouladen Plate, Peppercorn Filet, Jaegerschnitzel, Fish Schnitzel - and everyone was very happy with their dishes. We also couldn't resist dessert, of which the Black Forest was my favorite....