“Delishious German food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Coconut Cove
Price range: US$18 - US$30
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Authentic German Cuisine served in a relaxed atmosphere right on the Indian River Lagoon. A very Romantic Location to watch the sunset and have a great meal.
New Port Richey, Florida
“Delishious German food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

We really enjoyed our meal,potato pancakes are nothing special,but everything else we had was great ! Roasted pork shank,snitchel ,Apple strudel,the house salad,everything great,not a place to go if you are in a hurry,you need to enjoy the view,walk the dock,etc.will be back

• Visited August 2014

Monroe, New York
“Return to Germany”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

My family and I ate at this fantastic restaurant in 2012 and decided we were due for a repeat visit. The food and staff were as wonderful as we remembered. We ate pork, veiner schnitzel, knock wurst, bratwurst, red cabbage, potato pancakes, salad, white wine. Definitely more than enought to eat. Cafe Coconut Cafe will be on our restaurant list for our visit to Florida next week.

• Visited August 2014
Warrenton, Virginia
“German Food on the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

We were in Melbourne on business and actually found this place via Trip Advisor. Based on the positive reviews we tried it and it certainly lived up to the high scores. Service was exellent, food was good and of course the beer was great. As others have said the view is wonderful as well. I'll go there every time I get to Melbourne.

• Visited July 2014
Orlando, Florida
“Nice Restaurant While in Melbourne Beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

My partner and I ate here with local friends. The beer selection from Germany was a bit limited --at the two that were available that night. The Leberwurst appetizer could almost be made bigger to make an entree item out of it. Delicious! I had a combination plate which was good except I have to say the Bratwurst that was on the plate was not. Thje Sauerbraten and other items were tasty, but the really should re-think the Bratwurst. In fact the Bratwurst, beer selection, and slow service are the main things that keep me from leaving an EXCELLENT. I go to Germany every year and have had Bratwurst in practically all 16 States inf Germany. No where did I taste Bratwurst like this. It seemed slightly smoked, perhaps that accounted for the totally brown coloration not typical of good Bratwurst, but other than this, it didn't have the taste expected. It seemed to not only lack flavor, but was overcooked. I tried the Wiener Schnitzel my partner had. It tasted pretty good but seemed more an americanized version of the traditional. The interesting side dish that came with the Schnitzel was sweet peas in their shells, which was a pleasant surprise, as were the side salads, which were very German. The Apfelstrudel for dessert was much more in line with what I would expect from a German restaurant. I really love German Schweinshaxe (roasted pork shank), which I noticed on the menu, but after seeing it served to a table nearby was glad I abstained since it was not traditional German, which means roasted with skin on, but rather baked with some sort of tomato looking sauce on it. All in all it was good but not excellent. I would go here again with friends but probably won't go out of my way to eat here again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Melbourne, Florida
“Hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

This place is a hidden treasure. We took my mother-in-law there for her birthday. Enjoyed delicious schnitzel and wine with a lovely view of the colorful sunset setting on the tranquil river.