“OMG What a night 08/13/13 6 loggerheads. No Money needed!!!!”

Sea Turtle Preservation Society Turtle Walk
Reviewed 14 August 2013

What an amazing night. My husband and I went to enjoy the nice cool breeze of the night winds at holland spessard park. What we were treated to what was a once in a life time experience. It was approx. 11:37pm and we took a stroll down the beach and encountered 6 large loggerheads within 500 feet of each other, in different stages of nesting to returning to the waters. What beautiful creatures. We have visited the turtle hospital every year in the Florida Keys (Marathon), BUT.....noyhing will ever top this experience. What A Gift. We have always loved Melbourne residents and beaches, but I must say this was a lifes dream,

2  Thank keysgirlbybirth

Reviewed 6 August 2013

The STPS is a great group that does great work. The presentation before the walk is very educational and the guides during the walk continue that education. We were lucky enough to actually observe a loggerhead turtle laying eggs, covering the nest and returning to the sea, amazing evening to say the least......

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Sorry to say I have done this for two visits and never saw a turtle. Don't let this STOP YOU my friends have and have enjoyed it very much. Even the older kids when they found out what was going on. Do it if you have the chance I am.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

This was an unexpectedly fun side tour we took while visiting Florida. The turtle nests are protected from the public and predators all up and down the western beaches of Florida. The only place I thought I'd be able to see the turtles preparing their nests and laying eggs was on the nature channel on TV. Not a grand cascade of life but a few here and there. The only cost is a suggested donation of about $8

The Turtle Walk brought us up close and personal to this phenomenon and it was surprisingly fun! something to do that is not your every day typical vacation activity!

Reviewed 3 July 2013

This was a pre booked evening tour. We met at the Barrier Island information Centre and had a short presentation while we waited for the scouts to report back that turtles were coming ashore. We were escorted on the beach to where a Loggerhead turtle was laying her eggs and it was a truly wonderful experience