“Best Stromboli ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of DeAngelo's by the Sea

DeAngelo's by the Sea
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best Stromboli ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I were wanting a nice italian lunch while visiting the beach south of Melbourne fl. We stopped at de Angelo's by the seA and were not dissappointed. My wife had a small white pizza which was excellent and I had a Stromboli. My Stromboli was packed with peperoni sausage and loads of cheese while being surrounded by the best crust ever! I was served a delicious marinara obviously homemade for dipping. I highly recommend it. Yum

“Excellent Fresh Food in Nice Casual Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We attended this quaint little restaurant on a Saturday afternoon for a family lunch celebration, party of ten. We found it perfect for us.. It is very casual, but the food quality is sensational. Everything is made from scratch and the freshest ingredients, and you can tell! We loved the casual atmosphere, especially after a day at the beach...our family felt so relaxed and welcomed. The pizza is fantastic, mussels...delicious! Great healthy Italian kids menu! Will go again and our server was wonderful! The chef even made a quick fresh pesto sauce for my son at our request..amazing!!

Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Very good food, poor hostess service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We live just a short distance north of D'Angelo's and have been there a half dozen times since they took it over a few years back. In general, the food has been very good each time we have gone there and the waitress service has been fine.

The biggest problem there seems to be the hostess station where people are greeted and phone calls are answered. This has been consistently bad (no exaggeration) continuously and they do not seem to improve this area. People are not warmly greeted and are not made to feel welcome. Even borders on rude. Phone etiquette is no better. The last straw for me was when I called in April to order a pizza and was asked to wait. I hung up after being on hold more more than five minutes. There is no excuse for that kind of poor customer service.

I would love to "love" this place since I live so close by and do enjoy the food, but won't go there anymore since they just don't seem to get it. What a shame.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Bob P
Phil D, General Manager at DeAngelo's by the Sea, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hi Bob,

I am truly sorry for your experience with the hostess. Please be assured that the hostess situation will be taken care of. I will look into this as it was never brought to my attention.Try us again you will see the difference as we always appreciate customer comments that will make our restaurant much
better.Give me a call. Thanks
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Thoughtful people and authentic Italian.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

We rode our bicycles to DeAngelo's for lunch. The staff was incredible! They were friendly, professional, recommended well and were exceptionally courteous to the children. Food was excellent. As we were dining a storm commenced and do you know they offered to stow our bicycles for us? Thoughtful people and authentic Italian.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“NOT FINE DINING NOR OCEAN VIEW”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Fine dining prices and food maybe... Fine dining atsmophere NOT AT ALL. We asked for outside seating and all we saw was fencing and siding. Felt like we were sitting on someone's back porch. As we sat outside I guess the family lives above the resturaunt and they were all out on the deck drinking and smoking and having a good time....

2 Thank Ae30
Hi,

I am sorry for your experience but the people you were referring to were guests at the small hotel we operate there.The decor outside we just felt should be just like your at someones home outside.

Thanks for your comments as we take everyones opinion into consideration.