“It was good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We ordered pizza one night while staying at Seashell Suites just down the road. We found the pizza to be good and a fair price. It appears they have a great business as their parking lot was always full when we drove by. We didn't take time to dine inside, but from what I could tell when picking up our order it looked to be nice with staff hustling around taking care of their customers.

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Your search for the best restaurant in Melbourne ends here. Extraordinary in every way. Chef Charlie is a master with classic Italian from pasta to seafood and makes superb pizza. Try the swordfish and spinach sautéed in garlic and oil. There is nothing that isn't wonderful on the menu.
Our server Margaret was outstanding in describing every dish by memory, and making us feel so welcome.
This is by far the most superior restaurant in the area and would star on any beachfront from France to the Hamptons.
A wonderful place that you'll come back to over and over.
My highest recommendations go out for this piece of perfection on the sea.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed at a nearby resort and ate at DeAngelos 2x. Both times top shell. Best Chicken Parm and Sausage subs I've have since last visit to New York - seriously. Great pizza, wonderful chicken parm dinner. Fish dishes were very tasty. Eat in or take out. Call-in orders were prompt and plentiful. Looks very beachy and casual but the food far surpasses the looks Highly recommended.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We attended this quaint little restaurant on a Saturday afternoon for a family lunch celebration, party of ten. We found it perfect for us.. It is very casual, but the food quality is sensational. Everything is made from scratch and the freshest ingredients, and you can tell! We loved the casual atmosphere, especially after a day at the beach...our family felt so relaxed and welcomed. The pizza is fantastic, mussels...delicious! Great healthy Italian kids menu! Will go again and our server was wonderful! The chef even made a quick fresh pesto sauce for my son at our request..amazing!!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We live just a short distance north of D'Angelo's and have been there a half dozen times since they took it over a few years back. In general, the food has been very good each time we have gone there and the waitress service has been fine.

The biggest problem there seems to be the hostess station where people are greeted and phone calls are answered. This has been consistently bad (no exaggeration) continuously and they do not seem to improve this area. People are not warmly greeted and are not made to feel welcome. Even borders on rude. Phone etiquette is no better. The last straw for me was when I called in April to order a pizza and was asked to wait. I hung up after being on hold more more than five minutes. There is no excuse for that kind of poor customer service.

I would love to "love" this place since I live so close by and do enjoy the food, but won't go there anymore since they just don't seem to get it. What a shame.

2  Thank Bob P
Phil D, General Manager at DeAngelo's by the Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hi Bob,

I am truly sorry for your experience with the hostess. Please be assured that the hostess situation will be taken care of. I will look into this as it was never brought to my attention.Try us again you will see the difference as we always appreciate customer comments that will make our restaurant much
better.Give me a call. Thanks