“Very Good Italian Food!”

DeAngelo's by the Sea
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Very Good Italian Food!”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

DeAngelo's is a small, but cute, casual restaurant on the beach with no view of the ocean. The food is very good. My favorite is Flounder Mediterranean and it's probably the highest priced item on the menu, but it's delicious! Also terrific is the Eggplant Parmesan. It would be nice if a small salad was included with dine in meals or at least only charge a dollar or two to add one instead of four bucks.

• Visited August 2014

crotonny
“Great find in the middle of nowhere!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We found this great restaurant while staying at a small resort close by - went twice in the 5 days we were in the area ! Great food.

Visited August 2014
New Port Richey, Florida
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We have never vacationed in Melbourne beach,with only a few restaurants near our hotel,we cooked mostly,but decided to try DeAngelo's one night- and we were glad we did! HOME MADE pasta!!! Eggplant parm was also fresh made,sauce was nice & thick too.My husband had the veal,he loved it,was thick but tender, the shrimp scampi- to die for!! Our 15 yr old loved it! Definitely will be back

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank April67_12
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Two Very Bad Experiences, Don't Bother!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I came here in May, we sat outside on the patio on a beautiful day. We were seated and sat there for 15 minutes while more than one waitress came out to the patio and wouldnt even make eye contact, we were never given waters or greeted by a server, eventually we just got up and left without any interaction with the wait staff.
Last week a good friend of ours treated us to a dinner there on "ladies night", I ordered the special Grouper Provincil, it was the last one of the night. DISGUSTING I have had fish that smelled fishy but this fish actually tasted nasty and fishy, I tried several areas of the fish hoping for a better experience but it was too bad. I told the server and they offered me another dish which took so long I just had it to go. Another of our diners had the flounder and it was bad too. Note to guests, dont order fish at DeAngelos!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank janron
DeAngelo66, Chef at DeAngelo's by the Sea, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
I cannot understand how this could happen.Your comments made me sad, very sad. I am personally responsible for each and every dish that leaves the kitchen, We sold over 25 fish specials that evening. including 6 of the speciasl you ordered and every on came back with compliments to the chef.We take great pride in our food and I can assure you the fish is always fresh.I am at a loss for words when you use such negative comments.Please believe me when I say "I Love What I Do" and would never never ever send out a bad entree.We have won the Trip Advisor Award of Excellence two years in a row for the full two years we have been open. I can only say I am truly sorry for your experience. Please forgive me and come try us again. Please ask for Charles.
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“It was good”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

We ordered pizza one night while staying at Seashell Suites just down the road. We found the pizza to be good and a fair price. It appears they have a great business as their parking lot was always full when we drove by. We didn't take time to dine inside, but from what I could tell when picking up our order it looked to be nice with staff hustling around taking care of their customers.

• Visited October 2013