“5th Visit. I have to raise my ratings.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne Beach
Floridana Beach Motel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Brampton, Canada
“5th Visit. I have to raise my ratings.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

I'm not a fan of big hotels with sealed widows, musty air conditioning and fake odors to cover the cigarette smell. I like the window open and the ambient temperature. Again the place was really clean and fresh smelling. This is a non-smoking hotel. What brings me back, every time, I realize, was the European style attitude of the proprietors. Every guest is greeted and made feel welcome, usually in their language. Isa (one of the owners) speaks German, French, Dutch, Flemish, and I'm sure a smattering of other languages. I was sitting out front at dusk, having a beer and had just finished my book, Ernie (the other owner) dropped by to chat and make sure we were comfortable, learned I'd finished my book and gave me another good book. Wow! But this isn't the best part.
My girlfriend, a yoga fanatic, found out Isa teaches yoga every Wednesday evening, and went for a class and raved about it for the rest of the holiday.
Ernie is a fishing fanatic so he can help you fish. The proprietors go out of their way to give you advice, where to go to eat, or for fishing, sight seeing, etc. There is a nature reserve with walking trails 1/2 km from the hotel. For a quiet, low key, restful, restorative,enjoyable, walk-on-the-beach holiday I highly recommend this place. This isn't the Hilton. The towels don't match. The place is out of the 1970's, but if you want to feel comfortable, and quiet, and enjoy the beach, doing your own thing, go here.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank iantc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Matlacha, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Great place! We had an extended stay while waiting for our house closing and didn't want to stay in a box chain room. So glad we picked this hotel because the owners obviously have pride in their place. We had a fully stocked kitchen, bedroom, bath, porch, beautiful grounds to stroll and best of all directly across the street from the Atlantic Ocean! Don't waste your money anywhere else because everything you need (and more) is right there at the Floridana Beach Hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JeanieJeanieJeanie
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2011

A "Mum & Pop" operation. 6 rooms. 2 with kitchenette facilities. Really clean. Non-smoking. Owners are proud of their place and it shows in the care they take of their place. The towels don't match. The plates and bowls don't match. Who cares! You can lick the floor and find no dust. It feels like you are staying at your friend's cottage. If you need anything the owners are there to help or direct you. I'll stay there next year.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

Been to Floridana Beach Motel? Share your experiences!