“Quiet piece of Paradise”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne Beach
Floridana Beach Motel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We are extensive travellers and always strive to find the place with a local feel. From the good-morning welcome from Iza and Orzo, Iza's four-legged ambassador, to the locals offering greetings on the short walk to the beach or convenience store for morning coffee, we were definitely living with the locals. Iza provided numerous suggestions on things to do, places to visit, and how to get there.

Initial impression upon arrival was that we had returned to the 60's, for this is a traditional six-room motel with furniture to match. It was perfect for our way of travelling. The rooms are exceptionally clean with an optional full kitchen that had everything we needed to cook with. We enjoyed our morning coffee and happy hour cocktails outside at our little table and chairs...it doesn't get any better than that!

If crowds and busy nightlife are your thing, then Melbourne Beach is likely not a good fit for you. If you want to sit and watch wave after crashing wave, surfers riding those waves, or soaring brown pelicans and scrambling sandpipers, you will enjoy the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kathy M

Reviewed 20 February 2013

If you are looking for a quiet, beautiful, area to relax, and an excellent fishing location this is where to go and stay. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and the owners, just good people. No it's not a Hilton, but again, a very clean, comfortable, family run motel. If you are lucky enough to stay a few times you will meet many of the locals in this laid back, quiet, small piece of paradise. I've stayed with Ernie 4-5 times with my fishing buddy and 2 times with my wife. We keep going back because this is a great area, great fishing, a clean comfortable room, and it's not $150.00 plus a night and the owners treat you like a friend. Check it out it's a sweet deal!

Room Tip: Some rooms can be converted to include a kitchen. Call in advance they have regulars!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Charles S
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I was attending a family event in the area, and our relatives did not have enough space for some of the people in my party. My husband and I stayed at this small little place for a night. We use TripAdvisor, and judging from the few reviews we saw, thought this little motel was something other than it was. It is a room with a bathroom and an old fashioned`30 year old tv and an old window air conditioner. Judging from the other reviews we had thought it was a more updated, upscale place. It is a 4 or 5 room small old motel with old stuff. There is no pool or beach (beach is across highway on public access)and no view at all. I have no complaints about the cleanliness of the rooms at all. Our room was clean and the bed well made. So, it is a clean old small motel, which is just fine, but I think it is misrepresented. The owners are extremely not into smoking, which suited us fine. Nothing special at all, just a small old motel to spend a night on your way back and forth.

Room Tip: 1 or 2 rooms have a small kitchenette for extra money.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
9  Thank sue a
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I just finished a 3-week stay at this lovely motel at the bottom of Melbourne Beach. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. It was just wonderful. If you read the other reviews, believe them! The rooms are spotless, the service impeccable & the atmosphere is charming. I am in the process of writing another novel, needed a quiet, comfortable & suitable place and so I found the Floridana Beach Motel. Well, let me tell you, the words flowed into chapters. I had peace & quiet & privacy...except for Orzo! Orzo is the resident dog & he loved me...followed me everywhere. He is big & loveable & obedient & comical. What a sweetheart. You will fall in love with him!

Ernie & Isa are just wonderful people. They are perfectly suited to being beachside innkeepers. The rooms, while dated, are spotless & comfortable. I liked the fact that they have been kept in their original decor. It reminded me of my stays in motels while traveling in Florida as a child with my family 55+ years ago. I also liked the fact that this is a non-smoking motel. The rooms are fresh & clean because the air has not be soiled!

Ernie & Isa actually invited me to dine with them twice, in their residence during my stay. They live right on-site so they are attentive to all their guests' immediate needs. The other guests were polite & quiet & socialable. It was like a little community here during my stay.

Beach access is right across the street & the motel is within walking distance of a convenient store & a not-so-bad Italian restaurant. Therre is a major supermarket just several miles up the beach. I had the room with the kitchen so I stocked up on groceries & dined in!

Melbourne Beach in Brevard County, Florida represents the last of the pristine beaches on the Atlantic side. If you are planning a trip here, skip the high-rise hotels up the beach & come down to Floridana Beach. The fishing, wildlife, beach, river access & atmosphere are un-paralleled & Floridana Beach is a gem here in this paradise.

Thank you Ernie, Isa & Orzo...you made my stay a memorable one!

Jim P.
San Lazzaro di Savena, Italy

Room Tip: Get the rooms with the kitchenettes. They are well stocked with pots, pans, utensils, plates, dishes...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim P
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My husband and our two kids and I stayed here for 2 weeks at the end of March. We had such an enjoyable stay. We picked it based on all the other positive reviews and we were not disappointed - in fact the owners go out of their way to make you feel welcome. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable - there is no smoking allowed anywhere on the property - great! The beach is just a short walk across the road and really quiet - some days it was just us a couple of fisherman and the pelicans. Great shell gathering opportunities and surrounded by nature. Thanks for making us feel so welcome !!

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Foodandsleep
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband and I just spent a week at this hotel. We chose this hotel after reviewing other positive recommendations and we were not disappointed. Owners treat all guests like family, the place is kept spotless and the area/beach nearby is uncrowded and beautiful. Good bike and walking paths, not a lot of traffic. When we next visit the Melbourne area, we'll stay here again.

Room Tip: There are only five rooms; some have kitchen, some don't so if you want a kitchen be sure and as...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pat F
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I'm not a fan of big hotels with sealed widows, musty air conditioning and fake odors to cover the cigarette smell. I like the window open and the ambient temperature. Again the place was really clean and fresh smelling. This is a non-smoking hotel. What brings me back, every time, I realize, was the European style attitude of the proprietors. Every guest is greeted and made feel welcome, usually in their language. Isa (one of the owners) speaks German, French, Dutch, Flemish, and I'm sure a smattering of other languages. I was sitting out front at dusk, having a beer and had just finished my book, Ernie (the other owner) dropped by to chat and make sure we were comfortable, learned I'd finished my book and gave me another good book. Wow! But this isn't the best part.
My girlfriend, a yoga fanatic, found out Isa teaches yoga every Wednesday evening, and went for a class and raved about it for the rest of the holiday.
Ernie is a fishing fanatic so he can help you fish. The proprietors go out of their way to give you advice, where to go to eat, or for fishing, sight seeing, etc. There is a nature reserve with walking trails 1/2 km from the hotel. For a quiet, low key, restful, restorative,enjoyable, walk-on-the-beach holiday I highly recommend this place. This isn't the Hilton. The towels don't match. The place is out of the 1970's, but if you want to feel comfortable, and quiet, and enjoy the beach, doing your own thing, go here.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic

Been to Floridana Beach Motel? Share your experiences!