“If you LOVE the Beach”
Review of Ocean Pines Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne Beach
Ocean Pines Motel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I've read some of the poor reviews and if you are looking for a 5 star resort this place is not for you. If you LOVE the beach you will not be spending much time in your room. I have stayed here at least 5 time for a week at a time and we LOVE it. PEACE and QUIET not to mention a beautiful beach. If you are worried about getting sand on your feet this place is not for you. If you love surf fishing, viewing wildlife and not spening a lot of time in your room! This is the place for you!

Room Tip: Get the 2 bedroom! If it is available!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Victor G

Reviewed 15 February 2012

This was another one of our "stumble upons" and we loved it in the spring of 2011. Back again in November of 2012, it was just as delightful. The rooms would best be considered "casual". The furnishings and decor are not fancy (The property used to be a coast guard dormitory from the 40's until... the 70's?) Each has a kitchenette with full fridge, four burner gas range and stove, coffee maker and toaster. It's just perfect for those who want inexpensive beachfront living! The area is residential and the beaches are normally almost empty. You just can't beat a moonlit night, sitting on the beachfront deck enjoying a beverage! The owner, Bob and manager, Sandy are wonderful and available to assist with any need. There is a nice little grass courtyard for the sun worshipers, and the town is about five miles away for those who like to wander, like me. A Publix supermarket is approximately 2 miles up the road for all of your food and beverage needs. I've seen families with small children have fun there, but in my mind it's really a great place for a couple to unwind - comfortable and quiet. Don't come here expecting Hilton-type amenities, but if you want a great little place that reminds you of a certain trip you took with your folks in the 60's or 70's, this place is ideal.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mrkingleisurebed
Reviewed 3 April 2011

Had a great weekend getaway at this motel. It is such a peaceful place to stay. Love, love, love the view. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2011

The owner and manager are wonderful people. This is a very relaxing place to stay. This will be our third year staying there February 2011. We are very lucky to be able to have our two dogs with us. Most places do not allow pets. We have stayed in the same room every time we have been there and it has always been clean. Love the beach behind the motel. The people that have not been pleased with the place seemed to be looking for a fancier place to stay. They should check the room out before they stay. Hoping to be able to stay for many more years.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dudley8898
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We chose this motel because of the location, the full kitchen, and great reviews. Our room was dark and dingy. Our first impression was the dirty door. The air conditioner was loud and inefficient. We couldn't hear each other talk because of it, plus it never really cooled the room. There was a filthy, greasy pan left in the oven. The beds were shot, very uncomfortable. There was a problem with the pipes so we didn't have running water. No one offered us any explanation or compensation for the terrible experience. I wrote a complaint that was never answered. There was no competent management. I like "quaint" and "Old Florida" but am angry that they charged me $115 for a dump.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fourwinds257
Reviewed 20 March 2009

We stayed at the Ocean Pines for 4 nights, and the main attraction is the beach. This mom and pop motel (10 rooms I think, see their website) is in the middle of a mostly residential area so the beach is very quiet and at times deserted. The positives for the motel are the location! If you are looking for a quiet place to get away - this is it. However, this is NOT a luxury motel, no maid services etc. There is a small kitchenette, but everything in the motel is very old. Most of the people who stay there rent by the week/month. The people who manage and own the motel were extremely nice and helpful as were the other guests. We very much enjoyed the beach, and our stay at the Ocean Pines, and would go back simply because of the price and location. So the BOTTOM LINE:
PROS:
1. Great location for a quiet beach getaway,: Many mornings we were the ONLY ones out on the beach for at least a mile! Even in the middle of the afternoon we counted no more than 30 people as far as we could see in both directions.
2. Low Price: you can not get a better deal and be right on the beach. From your room to the beach is less than 25 yards. But you cannot see the ocean from the rooms.
CONS:
1. The water in the rooms smells bad, it is treated well water and it is really bad. Buy your own bottled water, and be prepared to deal with the weird smell while in the shower.
2. The motel itself is old and the bathroom/kitchen fixtures are probably just as old. Not the cleanest motel I have ever been in, but still it was just okay.
3. The closest 2 or 3 restaurants, 1 gas station, and 1 grocery store are a couple of miles away. If you need a wal mart, fast food joints, or more restaurant choices they are more like 8-10 miles away.
MAY BE GOOD, MAY BE BAD!
1. They allow pets at this motel. This could be good if you are planning on traveling with fido, but if your neighbor has a barking yapsalot this could be bad. We did not bring a dog, but others did have dogs while we were there, and we had no problems.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travlites
Reviewed 16 January 2009

Two weeks prior to booking a night at Ocean Pines, I stayed at a big hotel on the beach a little farther north. Though that hotel was nice, the rooms were too noisy for me.

I booked a night at Ocean Pines so I could visit a friend who was in town from Alaska. I knew I wanted something quiet and cottage like, not another big hotel. I found this place because most of the other motels in the area required a three night minimum, this place did not. I chose Ocean Pines because it was under $100 (before taxes) and it was on the beach side.

My room (#6) had a high ceiling with wood beams exposed, windows on three sides, a full kitchen, a bathroom and a table-for-two outside the front door. It wasn't as pristine as the expensive hotels, but it was clean. The sheets smelled good, not like bleach, but clean.

When I checked-in, I mentioned to Sandy that I needed to buy coffee for a morning cup on the beach. She gave me coffee, filters and bottled water.

I would recommend Ocean Pines for the friendly staff, the clean room, the proximity to the beach and for the chance to be lulled to sleep by the waves crashing on the shore.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
Comfort Suites Palm Bay
Comfort Suites Palm Bay
#3 of 5 in Palm Bay
Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront

Been to Ocean Pines Motel? Share your experiences!