“Quiet Sleep” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ocean Pines Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Melbourne Beach
Ocean Pines Motel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Quiet Sleep”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2009

Two weeks prior to booking a night at Ocean Pines, I stayed at a big hotel on the beach a little farther north. Though that hotel was nice, the rooms were too noisy for me.

I booked a night at Ocean Pines so I could visit a friend who was in town from Alaska. I knew I wanted something quiet and cottage like, not another big hotel. I found this place because most of the other motels in the area required a three night minimum, this place did not. I chose Ocean Pines because it was under $100 (before taxes) and it was on the beach side.

My room (#6) had a high ceiling with wood beams exposed, windows on three sides, a full kitchen, a bathroom and a table-for-two outside the front door. It wasn't as pristine as the expensive hotels, but it was clean. The sheets smelled good, not like bleach, but clean.

When I checked-in, I mentioned to Sandy that I needed to buy coffee for a morning cup on the beach. She gave me coffee, filters and bottled water.

I would recommend Ocean Pines for the friendly staff, the clean room, the proximity to the beach and for the chance to be lulled to sleep by the waves crashing on the shore.

• Liked — I could hear the waves from my room.
  • Disliked — The well water.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2008

Smelled old & musty, sand/beach was dirty, didn't want the kids walking around barefoot in the rooms........good location though.
Have been at worse.

• Liked — Ocean
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2007

I just got home from spending the weekend at the Ocean Pines and can't wait to go back. This was a last minute getaway for me to escape for the weekend from Orlando where I've had a very busy winter season. (I'm in the hospitality industry). I only booked at the Ocean Pines because since it was a last minute trip, the other motels that received a better review were booked. I wasn't sure what to expect from reading the other reviews here, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Everything was clean and the kitchen was well stocked with teflon pots, pans, cute dinnerware, glassware, etc. I would have had everything I needed to cook a nice meal if I had wanted to.

The beach was beautiful. My favorite thing was the large gazebo that is just above the beach and furnished with comfortable lounge chairs and tables. When I tired of sitting on the beach, I'd lay in the gazebo with a book and watch the waves from there. I got up early to watch the sunrises and spent the evenings watching the waves and the stars. It was the most relaxing weekend that I have spent in a very long time.

There is a nice Publix supermarket only a couple of miles north down A1A and several small restaurants nearby. I drove down to Sebastion State Park and visited McLarty's Treasure Museum which is a must-see. Mostly, I just stayed right at Ocean Pines and enjoyed every moment.

The manager, Sandy, was very friendly and helpful. It is a small place with only a very few rooms and suites so there weren't very many other people around. The few that were there were very nice people that seemed to come every year.

It was like having a huge beach all to yourself, which anyone who lives in Florida knows is unusual. I'll definately be going back as I think it is a real find.

• Liked — Cleanliness, great beach access, the gazebo
  • Disliked — The room I stayed in could use some updating in furniture. The bed and pillows were very comfortable though!
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled solo
2 Thank OrlandoLady
florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2006

We stayed here because off all the positive reviews online and were definitly surprised. The main thing going for this motel is that it is steps from the beach. The rooms could definitly be improved upon in the sense that they smelled musty and a little dingy. I don't know if the motel was impacted by all the storms last year but we would not stay there again. There were many other motels along the beach that looked much better. Also service was nonexsistent.

• Liked — it was right on the beach
  • Disliked — musty smell in room
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank florida23
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2006

We have been going to Ocean Pines at least twice a year for the last 15 Years. Our children have grown up vacationing on Melbourne Beach and it is just as beautiful today as it has been over the years. It is a relaxing atmosphere, many sea turtles, on the beautiful Atlantic Ocean.
Friendly atmosphere at Ocean Pines, Great Meeting place for our Family!!

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
MERRITT ISLAND, FLORIDA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2004

Great Getaway. We only spent one night and went to watch turtles. The beach is beaustiful and private. The rooms are large and have small kitchens and very clean. We had a good time even though it stormed, we ventured out late and it was dark, no flashlights allowed, but we managed to see a sea turtle, the nest morning we watched dolphins out in the ocean, a extra treat. The only bad thing was the no-see-um's, bring bug spray for these and your all set. Visit their web site ----------------------------------------

1 Thank LM2005
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2004

We really recomend this place for anyone. We always enjoy our stay. (We've been coming here for 15 years.) The managers are awesome and so is their big German Sheppard, Blue. (He's great with the kids by the way. ) You can bring your dog too. There's a place to barbecue or sit under the gazebo and watch the waves. My husband woke us up at 2:00 am and told us there was a Sea Turtle laying her eggs, my two kids loved it. The stars are brighter than anywhere on earth! Have a good time. Melbourne is our favorite place on the East Coast.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Seashell Suites Resort
Seashell Suites Resort
#2 of 13 in Melbourne Beach

Been to Ocean Pines Motel? Share your experiences!