“Nice Motel on a Nearly Deserted Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sea View Inn

Sea View Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Brooklyn, NY
“Nice Motel on a Nearly Deserted Beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

This hotel has an excellent location right on the beach. They provide beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards, etc. for your use. We had a few problems with the bathrooms but they were all promptly fixed by the excellent on site manager Casey. She was there whenever we needed her and an excellent host.

The rooms were very clean and nice with hardwood floors, comfy beds, good A/C, frig and over for use. Would be very comfortable for an extended stay.

Lastly we saw turtles nearly every night and they were a majestic sight. We even woke up early one morning and caught the last of the hatchlings. Amazing stuff. If you are in the area contact Casey and stay here there really is no other place.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Copperdesk63
, Manager at Sea View Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thanks for the honest and wonderful review! A 1950's motel always has it's little quirks, but we appreciate our guests understanding. Solving problems and trying to make our guests as happy as possible is just part of what makes the job so fun! Hope to see you again soon at the Sea View ~

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2010

If you want a laid back beach getaway without the crowds, this motel is for you. As other's have stated, it's an older facility, but they're doing a pretty good job of maintaining it. The rooms are clean and updated with HDTV's.

I visited during July, which is sea turtle nesting season. Saw many turtles that night.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Sea View Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thanks guys! You hit the nail on the head - the Sea View is definitely all about being laid-back. If you want a no frills place where you can lounge on the deck and not worry about ever having to wear shoes - this is the place! Glad the sea turtles provided you with some awesome memories. Hope to see you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

My sisters and I stayed at the Sea View in Unit 1 and Unit 6 for the July 4th weekend, and it was everything we hoped and more! I come from generations of Floridians, and have seen the Real Florida, and this is it! I've never written a TripAdvisor review, but I was so grateful for those who did, and helped me find this place, that I am writing my first review! I was in paradise just walking up the steps to the room, through the beautiful garden of flowering succulents. The hotel is older, with clean rooms furnished in modern style and recently updated, but keeping nice touches like the original 50s terrazzo floors. Casey, the owner-manager was friendly and professional, and made sure we had everything we needed. Unit 1 was literally right on the ocean, with sea breezes coming in the french doors and both bedrooms. With a patio in front and back of the room, there were plenty of places for visiting with extended family. The kids had a great time with the hotel boogie boards, and on our first night we saw loggerhead turtles nesting right outside the hotel! The turtle patrol came by and stopped to tell the kids about the turtles. There is a Publix just down the road, and convenient places to eat, and the Barrier Island Education Center is a MUST for kids with lots of hands-on exhibits. We had the beach to ourselves most of the time. If you like the sound of surf, and natural life, and want to get away from the crowds, you can't find anything better. For me, it was a plus that there was no pool -- the kids entertained themselves on the beach, and with the games they found in our room (UNO, dominoes, cards) and didn't need anything more.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank PrincetonPoet
, Manager at Sea View Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you! I am so pleased that you and your family took full advantage of all the the Sea View and all that the area has to offer. The Barrier Island Sanctuary is awesome! Hope to have you back again soon ~
Panhandle of Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2010

I'm serious! I catch myself daydreaming about this place...

My partner and I had the great fortune of being granted 3 days at this charming little inn (THANKS DAD AND PEGMOM!!!!) just a few weeks ago. We stayed in room number 2, which is located directly on the beach.

While we didn't get to meet Casey, we did met her parents, David and Dallas. They were both so helpful and kind! I really wish we would have had more time to just sit and visit with them. Hopefully we will get another chance to do exactly that!

As soon as I stepped into the room I was transported back to the motels of my childhood...particularly those in Naples and Clearwater Beach: terrazzo floors!!! Remember stepping on to those cool floors after being outside on the hot beach all day?? It was love at first sight! We had a VERY comfortable king-sized bed and doors that opened up to the sound of crashing waves (in the morning, I would open those same doors to see tons of turtle tracks everywhere!) Everything was so nice and neat. Something else that I loved: previous guests would leave things for your use, like shampoo, etc...(we left some coffee that I hope the next guests will enjoy!)

Lots of great shells and blue water...I even found a few pieces of sea glass. Hopefully we can return in the near future to find more.

Make sure you ask to see the photo album of the Before and After pictures of the inn...you will be amazed! You will be so impressed with the obvious Love and Care that this family has put into this place.

THANK YOU for a truly wonderful stay. We sure hope to return again, very soon!

Warmly,

Paige and Mary

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Sea View Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you! Our 'before & after' is truly unbelievable..many thought we were crazy to take on this project, but it has paid off! The Sea View is proud to be a vintage boutique motel on one of the most beautiful and private beaches. We are lucky to have this place and to have guests like you! Hope to see you again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2010

We stayed at the Sea View in mid January 2010. Myself, two children 5 and 13 and my retired parents. We shared the two room suite that had a full kitchen. Was a perfect getaway to RELAX after taking in Disney! The patio doors open the oceanside beach front. Casey was the best host EVER! She had kites for the kids, sand toys, lawn chairs...everything we needed to enjoy the ocean and beach. We found lots treasures while taking our morning walks on the beach! We will be returning, hopefully this will be an yearly family spot for us! LOVE IT!!
`Thanks so much Casey!
`Thalina (and family)

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
, Manager at Sea View Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you, Thalina! I do hope that you will return for another memorable beach vacation at the Sea View - we really enjoyed having you and your family at our little motel on the beach!
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2010

I found the Seaview Motel through a search on trip advisor, specifically because I am from Melbourne, Australia and I wanted us to stay in Melbourne (or Melbourne Beach) in Florida. From the reviews I read here I made the decision for us to stay and I couldn't have been happier with the result.

On arrival, Casey (our host), was actually out but had left an envelope with our room key and a note welcoming us to the Seaview. We were upgraded to a beach-front cottage because some other guests were possibly being delayed in leaving due to the volcanic eruption in Iceland. So, we got a fantastic little cottage whose back door opened right onto the beach - absolutely wonderful.

The Seaview has a real homely and comfortable feel to it - sure, it's an older style motel, so don't expect amazingly modern or anything like that, but the location, the service, the friendly welcome and just the vibe make it all worthwhile.

Casey has a wealth of knowledge about the surrounding area and we took her advice on a place to eat - The Surfin' Turtle - which was just up the road from the Seaview. We ate there 2 nights in a row because we were so impressed with the food.

Thanks for a great stay Casey - we'll be back some time in the not-too-distant future hopeully - either that or we'll see you when you come for your adventure "down under"!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
, Manager at Sea View Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thanks, mate! I would love to come back to Australia for a visit - and if I do, I am looking you up! It was great to meet you and I thank you very much for your awesome review!
Buffalo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2010

My husband and I needed a few days on our own after visiting his mom in Palm Bay. The Seaview was perfect. Yes, it's still being updated after the hurricane, but what a wonderful job they are doing. We stayed in the king oceanfront room and I can't say enough about it. It was clean and had everything you needed in the kitchen. The sound of the waves from our room was Heavenly. We slept with the sliding glass doors open every night.

The beach is pristine, quiet, and beautiful. Had it to ourselves pretty much for two days. Both sides are natural areas, so no other hotels. It was so relaxing.

Casey is fabulous!!! I can't say enough about her. Thanks, Casey......hopefully we'll see you again next year.

Henry (Butch) & Cheryl - Buffalo, NY

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Sea View Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thanks for bearing with us during renovations - we are completely overhauled now! We repaired the seawall, the oceanfront patio and put in a gorgeous new set of stairs. We'd love to have you back for another stay - hope to see you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Melbourne Beach
Tuckaway Shores Resort
Tuckaway Shores Resort
#1 of 5 in Indialantic
Crowne Plaza Melbourne Oceanfront

Been to Sea View Inn? Share your experiences!