“great stay!”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Melbourne Beach
Winter Springs, Florida
“great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

Surfcaster has it all. Friendly staff, Clean rooms, beach front, pet friendly and outstanding Italian food. A peaceful atmosphere added to down home hospitality makes this place special. Haven't seen this old Florida charm in quite some time. Highly recomend.

Room Tip: Upstairs room--- nice view
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank christine34748

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2011

My husband, I and our 2 dogs stayed at this small quaint and cozy motel for a get away weekend from our hectic life in Orlando. We stayed during Memorial weekend and wanted to avoid crowds and heavy traffic. It was a easy drive less than 2 hours and a very comfortable place to stay for a short weekend trip. The staff was extremely efficient, friendly and courteous at all times. It was the first time we were able to travel and stay overnite with our dogs and we thoroughly enjoyed every minute. The rooms were extremely clean and met all of our needs. We dined in the resturant and the meals were yummy. It was a joy to truly relax with our dogs at the ocean and rest in a very unpretentious atmosphere. This place reminded me of the past Florida lifestyle without the condos, over developed hotels and filled with the Florida charm of friendly people, a clean motel, beautiful beaches. Highly recommend to all our friends and families.
Defintely a Must Do on your "Bucket List"!
Chris and George Muszynski

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

I was looking for a small hotel right on the beach that was clean and quiet. That is exactly what I got in my stay. I was also looking for two double beds however all of thier rooms with those options were already booked. So I took a room with a queen size bed and when I arrived and walked into the room I thought I had walked into the wrong one, why? The owner had heard I wanted two beds so he took it upon himself to switch out the queen and slip in two doubles! I honestly was surprised but very thankful! The beach front aspect was just that, a nice quiet beach jus steps from your room. So quiet at times you may be the only one on the beach! If you are looking to fish, relax and just get away for any amount of time with out breakng the bank...this is just the place! I will return to decompress again!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2011

What can I say. This place was cheaper than the others so I should have listened to my inner voice. The location is top knotch. This place is right on the beach. There is an Italian place on the property, but we did not eat there. The units are equipped with a kitchen which is really old but clean. The unit came with as fold out couch that was obviously broken so me the wife and 12 year old got to bunk in the kingsize bed together. This place would be pretty cool with an update on all furniture and a fresh coat of paint. But what do you expect for 95 bucks a night with full beach access?

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Melbourne Beach hotels

Central Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2009

Don't judge a book by its cover.When I first pulled up, I thought I'd made a mistake.I was kind of leery staying at a motel with only 9 rooms.
When we got to the room, omg, all doubts about staying there melted away.The room met all my standards. Clean.Quiet. Awesome view. Well kept.Double French doors open onto a small landing upon which is a table with chairs.Down the stairs and across the parking lot is the ocean After staying at all the brand name motels after all these years,I found paradise.Secluded and what a 3rd generation Floridian really wants back. The old Florida the way it was. The way that I remember it was .
You arent being seen by your neighbooring private land owners at all. All you see is ocean.There are private beaches for 4 miles on either side of you.There are not but 1 or 2 people on the beach that I saw ( oh yea-that would be my husband and I !!! )
Great value too.I couldn't believe what we got, for what we paid.
It was nice to not have to leave the site for something to eat out. The restaurant was great
The staff was great to talk to and gave us tips on what not to miss.One of the owners grew up in the area. The Treasure Museum and the Fisherman's Museum is a must see. As well as fishing at Sebastian Inlet.
After dealing with my job and being stressed out , I found this to be a stress free zone. We were going to spend a 3rd night, but our room was already booked.
Like another post said " It ain't the Ritz" But great things come in small packages. It's a wonderful fit for us.
Other than the refurbishing of some other rooms,our room was sound proof.You could only hear faint noise when you ventured down to the parking lot.
I doubt they had bed bugs though as no see ums ( sand fleas on the beach) are out in summer. Yes, it still is Summer in October here in Fl.You don't know you've been bitten till maybe 8 to 10 hrs later.Or sometimes days.Yes, I got bit many times over.I suggest you wear Deep Woods OFF or Avon has a Bug Guard with sunscreen !!! The localold timers say that Witch Hazel will calm the itch I have tried that and it works

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank su2q
New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2009

This motel is not recommended for honeymooners, adults wanting a nice vacation or parents with young children.
It is not very clean, smells old, damp and musty and I saw cockroaches climbing the wall.
Also, you'll find much nicer beaches elsewhere in Florida.
I personally would never stay here again.
On the plus side-the ocean is just a few steps away and the price is relatively low, so if you're a group of college kids with little money for a hotel or food (a pizza joint is next door) and want to surf, this would be the place to stay.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vacationer1NewYork
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2009

I must say, when I read the reviews I was SO surprised! This place is great! This hotel is kid and pet friendly, on the ocean AND has a great restaurant, what more could you want? My husband and I took our son there who is only 11 months old and our experience was terrific! There were not abunch of "young" people running the place or running around like there must have been in the past according to the previous reviews. It was a family environment with nothing but very nice families around us the entire week we stayed. The restaraunt had wonderful food, not to mention the pizza is TRUELY the best south of New York! The private beach that we had access to was also a great thing with my son just seeing the beautiful blue water and the sand for the first time. It wasn't crowded at all even though the hotel was full!!!! We will definately be back next year and this will be our new family vacation spot!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
Tropical Inn Palm Bay
#4 of 5 in Palm Bay

Been to Surfcaster Motel? Share your experiences!