“Local breakfast favorite”
Review of Sunnyside Cafe

Sunnyside Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I wish I could give 3 1/2 stars, not for the food, which is tasty, plentiful and well-priced. The service is friendly but average. The tables are too close together and it just gets plain hot in there, as the kitchen is kind of open from the back to behind the counter, and all the kitchen heat escapes into the dining area. Being that this is Melbourne Beach it is hot most of the time so I think they really need to address that. However, the food as I say is delicious and the portions are generous. I usually get the florentine bene (dict) which has just the right amount of spinach and hollandaise sauce. My boys (17 & 14) get the 3 french toast and banana pancakes and just love them. They have a good sized menu with something for everyone.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for breakfast based on reviews and glad we did. Food came out very fast and was delicious. $14 for two for breakfast. Can't beat that. Highly recommend

1  Thank Rookie2442
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Located just a block from the ocean, the Sunnyside Cafe was a great place to start a day at the beach. We (and everyone else coming in) were immediately welcomed. The menu is very extensive plus there are several specials. (The stuffed blueberry pancakes were outstanding!) Portion sizes were generous, the prices very reasonable , and the service couldn't have been any better.

1  Thank Luvocean3
Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

We tried it because of the ratings on trip advisor and though the healthy heart omelette was very tasty, the coffee tasted funny, the smoked sausage was really one big hotdog wiener served split in half. The service was great and friendly. If it isn't too busy, it's a better experience.

1  Thank Neoborg
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Awesome experience! I was greeted by one of the owners as soon as I walked through the door. She was very pleasant, cheerful and found me a table quickly, even though the place was packed. The food was excellent and the service was prompt! There were lots of choices and the prices were very reasonable. I really enjoyed my coffee and the waitress kept my cup full throughout my stay. All in all I had a great time!. I Highly recommend it.