Port d'Hiver
Monterey Motel(Indialantic)
Beach House Motel(Indialantic)
Beach Tropics Motel(Indialantic)
View Hotel
Melbourne Beach Motel(Melbourne Beach)
  • Pool
Sandy Shoes Resorts(Melbourne Beach)
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesyellow roomturn down servicesunrise roombed and breakfastacross the streetb bspa poolthe main housecreole roommy husband and icarriage houseattention to detailmangrove suiteselect registryfrench toastwedding anniversary
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Melbourne, FL for my recent graduation ceremony at FIT. To our amazement, Port d'Hiver exceeded both our expectations. From the moment we walked in to check-in, we were taken care of better than any four-star hotel we had stayed in before. The attention to detail and the customer service we received was superb. At our request, they even made arrangements for us to have our gourmet breakfast on our balcony. If you are planning a stay in Melbourne, you will not be disappointment to stay here. I forgot to mention after advising them about my boyfriend's special diet they made arrangements to ensure he was taken care of in this area too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Linda and her team have made a fantastic little get-away on Melbourne Beach. The historic home is charming. The staff are warm and welcoming. And the recommendation for dinner at the Dijon Steakhouse was perfect.

We will be back, certainly.

Thank you, Linda!!

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the Ella Belle's Room with its wrap-around 2nd floor balcony facing the beach.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We booked for 3 nights and stayed for 5 - the experience of staying at Port d'Hiver required extra time to fully enjoy. The rooms are beautifully decorated, breakfasts were fabulous, and all one's needs are anticipated, met and exceeded.

Room Tip: The "Yellow Room" is delightful & quiet; when you sit on the balcony the pleasant sound of water from thepool and fountain below are very soothing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

Last year we went to the Breakers in Palm Beach, Fl. This year I decided a bed and breakfast might be fun. OMG was this wonderful! Let me say first of all, the weather was nasty. What were we thinking getting married in November? Even in Florida it can be iffy! So, no review here on bicycles or beach equipment or even the lovely pool. There were a couple using the pool but figured them for northerners! But on to my review.

We stayed in the main house in the Ella Belle room. I believe that's the correct name, there are only two rooms, right across from each other upstairs. Not a suite, but a lovely decorated room with a view of the ocean and a great balcony. The B & B is located right off of A 1 A and I thought this might be noisy but it wasn't, guess the sound of the ocean drowns any traffic out. The king sized bed and imported English linens made falling asleep quite easy...or was that the free flowing wine offered during appetizer hour?

The breakfast's, we are going to be talking about those for awhile as we walk the treadmill. Wonderful! As were the homemade cookies available all day, the turndown treats on our bed, just cannot say enough about the food these people served. We were treated so graciously, met so many great folks (all the rooms were booked) and met one of the owners who delighted us with her story of how they began this adventure.

We shopped old town, ate at A German restaurant that was recommended (for a good reason), also tried Dave's Steak and Seafood which was also recommended and were surprised how good that meal was! It's a jewel in a strip mall within walking distance from the inn.

We will be returning to this place, we met and chatted with the nicest people, but also saw honeymooners that were quite content to be alone, and this place is perfect for that as well. Five stars, most definitely!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Wow, what a terrific place. I'm a local who didn't even know this place existed until my girl friend noticed it one day while driving by.

I selected the Sunrise Room for a romantic getaway to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday and could not have made a better choice. There was a placard on the bed wishing my girlfriend a 'Happy Birthday, first name'. The room was tastefully furnished including a four poster bed and smartly decorated.

We enjoyed their wine/beer reception at 5 which included tasty appetizers. We ate at a nearby restaurant and upon returning to the room, the bed was prepared to include an enjoyable brownie. After a fun walk on the beach and a couple of drinks at a local watering hole located on the beach and across the street from the B&B, we decided to luxuriate in their bathtub spa for two w/jets. We certainly enjoyed those wonderfully soothing jets.

The next morning, we watched the sun rise without leaving the bed. Our breakfast was served on time to our private balcony while we wore the Port d' Hiver bath robes and the food was absolutely divine.

The staff was always smiling and accommodating. The only thing missing was champagne on ice when we arrived. They have that service which I overlooked. You can bet the champagne on ice will be ready for us the next time we have a romantic getaway at this marvelous B&B!

Room Tip: If you like sunrises and a private balcony select the Sunrise room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple