My wife and I and our sons recently stayed at this Clarion for a night while waiting for our apartment to be ready to move into and as a frequent traveler and Choice Rewards Diamond Member, I expected way more from a Clarion branded location. The hotel is very old and as you drive up the first thing you see is the night club and sports bar signs on the front of the building. Needless to say, that was concerning to us as we had kids with us.
The concern proved to be a non-issue as we never heard any noise from either of them. We were given a courtyard side room on the second floor and while it was okay, it struck me as a very old building that had not seen an upgrade in many years. Most of the room was basically clean but the bathroom was lacking and someone really needs to vacuum behind the door.
We noted some mold on the ceiling above the tub, dirty fixtures in the tub, a wooden block holding up the air conditioner unit and the door that did not fit well. It was hard to open and hard to close the door without pushing and pulling on the thing as you keyed it and gap under it could have let a gator through but thankfully, there were none around. The toilet seat was a bit, well, old and worn as well. The table in the room had a peeling top but was very sturdy.
Breakfast was included in the room cost and a voucher issued for one of four choices, prepared and served in the sports bar just off the lobby. Again, this part of the building is quiet old. The booth we sat in was very uncomfortable and they appeared to be very understaffed but the meal was okay. A lot of it cam from a can without a doubt but hey, it was free and I have had worse at hotels.
The staff was friendly and while I would likely NOT stay at this location again, it could have been a lot worse that it was. Overall I would say to be prepared for old rooms and average service/food at this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to Port Canaveral Cruise Terminals, Kennedy Space Center, Beaches, Historic Cocoa Village with Waterfront Park, Antique Malls and Unique Restaurants. Boat rentals, water taxis, kayaking, golf, fishing nearby. Only 2 blocks from Merritt Square Mall. Free Cont. Breakfast. Spacious Pool Deck, Tiki Bar, Tennis, Fitness Center & Free High Speed Internet Access. Voted Best Hotel in Brevard County for five consecutive years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Odigeo, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Econolodge Port Canaveral Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Hotel Kennedy Space Merritt Island
- Clarion Hotel Merritt Island
- Clarion Merritt Island
- Merritt Island Clarion
- Econolodge Port Canaveral Area Merritt Island, Florida