“Good hotel for the money”

Econolodge Port Canaveral Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Merritt Island
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed 8/9-8/10. I was looking for the basics in my stay. Did not want to pay too much for one night. I was going to take a cruise the next day and as long as it was clean, close to where I needed to be for my vacation, it was good. It was in a good location. Good Hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Clarionspacecoast, Manager at Econolodge Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your survey response about the attention you experienced and outstanding compliment of the room and property while you stayed at our hotel. We try to go over and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. I have informed our guest service agents about your compliments and they have asked me to say it is an honor to have the opportunity in serving you.

We trust you had the opportunity to enjoy the Hot Cook to Order Breakfast sit down served, a selection of Omelets, Biscuits & Gravy, Pancakes, 2 eggs your style with toast, coffee, tea, or juice. On your next visit let us know what are some other items you are looking for on the breakfast. Also the room with refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker & coffee, iron & board, WIFI, large pool with extended pool deck and the Fitness Club of Merritt Island with all state of the art equipment located on our property with access for all registered during their stay.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We’re committed to total guest satisfaction, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

The staff was friendly and professional. Room was clean. Price was reasonable. This is the second time my husband and I have stayed here. The general manager was very hospitable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in and around Florida.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Words are limited to express our heartfelt thanks. On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your survey response about the attention you experienced and outstanding compliment of the staff, room and property while you stayed at our hotel. We try to go over and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. I have informed our guest service agents about your compliments and they have asked me to say it is an honor to have the opportunity in serving you.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

would stay here again. used park and cruise service and enjoyed our nights stay here. friendly hotel service with an ultra clean pool. Room was adequate for the price we paid. clean with no unwanted guests lol :) not the hilton but thats not what we wanted. car was just the way we left it when we returned from our cruise.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank raindancer9562

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your comments about the attention you experienced and outstanding compliment of the staff, the room, the park and cruise package and property while you stayed at our hotel. We try to go over and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. I have informed our guest service agents about your compliments and they have asked me to say it is an honor to have the opportunity in serving you.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

This would not have been my choice of a hotel. I'm not a fan of outside doors. The staff were very nice, but the facility is VERY old and some things are updated an other things are not. The name is now Econo Lodge so it was difficult to find, drove past it twice.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Clarionspacecoast, Manager at Econolodge Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how nice it was to receive your survey response about the attention you experienced while you stayed at our hotel. We try to go over and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. On the same hand, I was concerned about the mistake we had overlooked.
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to complete the survey.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. We are in the process of upgrading some aspects of the property. It is an honor to have the opportunity in serving you.

Again, I want to apologize for not having the opportunity in making all items up to your standard, had we known while you were here we would immediately resolve, thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was greeted very well. Probably the best greeting I ever got from a hotel. So congrads on that. Checked in very fast and even given directions on where to eat without me even asking.
The room was way in the back and I did not feel so safe where I had to park. Kind of dark and scary. But I made it to the room OK even though. I found the room had a smell to it, maybe from the ocean but seemed it could use a few sprays of frebeze. Otherwise it was clean enough. The furnishing was dated as was the TV just as the Tripadvisor reviews stated and even though I had an HBO guide, there seem to be no HBO on the TV.
The room was non-smoking and that was fine but then outside the grounds were littered with cigarette butts. I mean really bad! They need to clean that up for sure! Put a can with sand out here and there so these idiots who smoke can have a place to stick their butts.
They offer a free breakfast but I had an interview that morning and did not want to get sluggish so only went for coffee. The first cup was only from a single cup brewer that did not make good coffee. Then I discovered they actually had fresh brew inside the restaurant of which was great.
Check out was great and they said goodbye to me just as friendly as when I arrived.
From the outside it looks like this place also has some happenings going on during the in-season with an outside seating area and maybe a bar there too. I really wish I could have been able to enjoy the restaurant that was there but it was closed, I guess because it is out of season. I do not get that. Why even bother to have a restaurant but have it closed. They did have guest so I would think they would have had customers. At least one, me. But there is food everywhere around the area so not a washout. But it would have been nice after my long drive.
If I was there with my family or business, I guess I would stay there again since they are one of two motels in town (is that true? not sure). But I think they should lower the price to 75-80 per night and do something about the smell and the butts.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Clarionspacecoast, Manager at Econolodge Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

On behalf of our hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how nice it was to receive your kind words of praise about the attention you experienced while you stayed at our hotel. We try to go over and beyond the call of duty for all of our guests. On the same hand, I was concerned about the mistake we had overlooked. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

Please accept my sincere apology. We are constantly upgrading our facilities and with the response on the survey we will address all items noted.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, good service depends upon people willing to give their very best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you. And, It's only through the eyes of our guests that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, I want to apologize and thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. It is an honor to have the pleasure in serving you.

Oral Ali

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here and left car while on cruise out of Port Canaveral. This worked out very well. The property is a little old, but the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Check in was a breeze. Breakfast was made to order and we were able to have it to go and eat in our room. The food was excellent. The shuttle to the ship is done by a private company and done very well. It left on time and picked us up at the ship in time to be back on the road by 7:30 am. No frills, but a very comfortable and efficient stay. We will stay there again when cruising out of Port Canaveral.

Room Tip: Work with Amanda, she was the best!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Catfish47
Clarionspacecoast, Manager at Econolodge Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

We thank you for your kind words of compliment on the excellent service your received, including the delicious breakfast and professional service with the transportation company.
We are honored to have the opportunity in serving you and your companion.
We are constantly upgrading and trust on your next visit we will have wow you.
Thank you and anxiously await your next visit.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

My wife and I and our sons recently stayed at this Clarion for a night while waiting for our apartment to be ready to move into and as a frequent traveler and Choice Rewards Diamond Member, I expected way more from a Clarion branded location. The hotel is very old and as you drive up the first thing you see is the night club and sports bar signs on the front of the building. Needless to say, that was concerning to us as we had kids with us.

The concern proved to be a non-issue as we never heard any noise from either of them. We were given a courtyard side room on the second floor and while it was okay, it struck me as a very old building that had not seen an upgrade in many years. Most of the room was basically clean but the bathroom was lacking and someone really needs to vacuum behind the door.

We noted some mold on the ceiling above the tub, dirty fixtures in the tub, a wooden block holding up the air conditioner unit and the door that did not fit well. It was hard to open and hard to close the door without pushing and pulling on the thing as you keyed it and gap under it could have let a gator through but thankfully, there were none around. The toilet seat was a bit, well, old and worn as well. The table in the room had a peeling top but was very sturdy.

Breakfast was included in the room cost and a voucher issued for one of four choices, prepared and served in the sports bar just off the lobby. Again, this part of the building is quiet old. The booth we sat in was very uncomfortable and they appeared to be very understaffed but the meal was okay. A lot of it cam from a can without a doubt but hey, it was free and I have had worse at hotels.

The staff was friendly and while I would likely NOT stay at this location again, it could have been a lot worse that it was. Overall I would say to be prepared for old rooms and average service/food at this hotel.

Room Tip: Just don't. That is my best advice. If you need a place for a night, it is workable but don'...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Christian K
Clarionspacecoast, General Manager at Econolodge Port Canaveral Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

I am responding to the correspondence from your stay here at the Clarion Hotel Merritt Island, Florida. We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at a reasonable price. Our online information does note we are a two story building with all the amenities and services as you noted. Our cook to order complimentary breakfast is an added benefit to all our guests. At check-in and a personal welcome call our staff mentions to all guests should you have any questions or if we can do anything to make your stay more enjoyable please let us know. We gurantee 100% satisfaction, if given the opportunity to make all our guests stay comfortable. Please accept my apology, had we known you had any challenges we would make every effort to satisfy. Again thank you for your comments, we are honored and delighted to have the opportunity serving you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Merritt Island
#16 of 31 in Cocoa Beach
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#28 of 31 in Cocoa Beach

Been to Econolodge Port Canaveral Area? Share your experiences!