“The only way to see Coco Beach!”
Review of Florida Air Tours

and up
Port Canaveral to Cocoa Beach Pier Tour
Ranked #2 of 30 Tours in Merritt Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the thrill and adventure of flying in an Open Cockpit Biplane or Modern R-44 Helicopter! Enjoy the unsurpassed views of the Beaches, Port Canaveral, Kennedy Space Center, and the many other incredible sights of our local area! Florida Air Tours operates from two locations daily. The Biplanes fly from the Merritt Island Airport and the Helicopter flies from Port Canaveral. We offer a range of air tours from 5 to 45-minute scenic tours as well as romantic sunset flights. For those looking for added adventure, we also offer aerobatic upgrades to any of our Biplane tours. Our Helicopter is over-water equipped and air-conditioned. We employ a full time maintenance staff, and are Veteran Owned and Operated. We look forward to providing you with the best flight experience on the Space Coast!
Tampa, Florida
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“The only way to see Coco Beach!”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The 1940's must have been a more simple time to live in the US. I imagine if I were living back then, a thrill ride was exactly that, "A Thrill Ride!" No virtual reality games or movies hold candle to stepping back in time to ride in a flying machine built in the 40's! My 11 year and I took a ride of a lifetime when we flew over the Coco Beach area in this very cool, open cockpit biplane. I know that I will never forget this experience, and I am sure my 11 year old will be talking about our time together in the biplane for the rest of his life. I highly recommend this to everyone!

2 Thank photofisher

merritt Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A relaxing yet thrilling birds eye view of Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The weather could not have been more perfect! Clear skies and a great visibility. When we arrived at the Merritt Island airport, Mark met us at the reception desk, and I could tell right away, this guy was eager to get up into the air.
My wife and I, Natalie, grew up on Merritt Island but our view of the island has always been from ground level, that is if you do not count atop of the 520 and 528 bridges.
The plane itself looks great! I could not wait. I have flown in commercial jets, two seater helicopters, a Black Hawk helicopter and small single engine planes, but this would be my first bi-plane ride.
A few minutes in the hanger to get our vintage style head pieces on and fitted, a brief review of the plane and what we would be doing and we were climbing up into the cock pit.
I love the fact that the forward cock pit is a two seater. Natalie and I were side by side and our friendly pilot Mark was able to talk to us through the headsets right behind us.
Take off was smooth and easy. Out over the Banana River and headed towards Cocoa Beach with a view that would make a pelican jealous!
Seeing the 1000 Islands below us where we love to kayak and SUP was special. Out over the beach where I have seen planes of all kinds do fly bys all of my life and always wanting to be "up there". This time, it was me "up there" and I was loving it! A couple of plasses on the beach from Cocoanuts to the Jettys. The view of KSC was very nice. Was able to see the Shuttle on it's pad.
We circled over the port and the cruise ships, then back down the Banana River and over the Island. Out over the Indian River and in for such a smooth landing I didn't even realize we had touched down.
Mark was great throughout the entire flight. He was quick to point out some landmarks and and interesting views and made sure we were comfortable with his flying style.
There is a digital video camera mounted on one of the wing supports right in front of us that video taped the entire flight on that was available for a very reasonable price. Definitely worth it to go back and share with our friends of our most excellent adventure!
I am looking forward to my next flight. Just trying to decide of it will be a sunset flight with Natalie or a thrill ride with one of the acrobatic pilots!
Very glad Mark and Cathy decided to make Merritt Island their home for Florida Biplanes!

2 Thank donaldleenorris