“Basic southern seafood” 4 of 5 bubbles

Fish House Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 17 Restaurants in Mexico Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: I can't believe this hasn't yet been reviewed. I specifically picked up a business card on the way out in order to leave a favorable review because it was so exceptionally good.
Albany, Georgia
“Basic southern seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

That's what you'l find here. There is very little in the way of ambiance, but, there is a lot of good old southern hospitality. In the south if you order tea it is going to be sweet unless you request that it not be so be warned. Most of the food is fried and the hush puppies were good. Everything was good and fresh and the service was great. It is kid friendly so you don't have to worry about that. It's not fancy just good food and service. Oh, they do serve alcohol it's just that's not what the place is about.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ReindeerWrangler

Auburn, Alabama
“Excellent seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The seafood is fresh and you can get most anything. The menu also includes other items. Would be great for children also.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank gsh0003
Enterprise, Alabama
“Lousy Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ordered Grilled Basa, a mild white fish but this fish has yet to see a grill, but warmed on a flat top or warmed in the oven and has never seen any seasoning of any kind therefore had NO taste at all and was cold. The waitress did nothing but walk away when I told her about how it tasted, displaying an attitude like nothing I can do about that. The Hush PUPPY, only one and VERY SMALL were obviously frozen and straight out of a bag and it showed as they too were cold. Sent half of it back. NEVER will go I back again as I was talking to some folks at the motel which also had eaten there that day and I heard the same type incident from them as well

• 1 of 5 bubbles
mishisme, Manager at Fish House Restaurant, responded to this review, 27 June 2015
I am sorry you did not like your Basa. Basa is a very mild fish and does not have a lot of flavor but we do add seasonings. As far as grill marks, all of our grilled foods are cooked on a flat top if you go to our website you will see that it is on the menu. I hope that in the future you try us again and if you are looking for flavorful fish order the grouper or flounder. Again thank you for your input.
Niceville, Florida
“Great Local Seafood with great service and reasonably priced”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

If you're in Mexico Beach in the Florida panhandle and enjoy fresh seafood this is where you want to eat. Do you have to wait a little while for your meal? Yes, although not unreasonably, because they're cooking it fresh. Does is it have great decor and a great view? No, but they more than make up for it with great fresh food and charming courteous service that has been making locals happy for decades. Do they have a great wine selection? No, but the mere fact they do have several wines on the menu is a rare find in a rural restaurant that serves sweet potato fries. As an example of food quality, the fish on the seafood platter was a whole flounder fillet, not some thawed out piece of Cod from up North that many restaurants serve. You won't gasp when you get your bill at the end of the meal either. I'll take a meal here over some high priced metropolitan bistro six ways to Sunday.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Smith61
Nashville, tn
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local Spot done right”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

During a family vacation, my husband and I made the Fish House our "date night" spot. We wanted a local restaurant, (non-chain) with great food and we were not disappointed. My husband ordered steak with scallops and I ordered the shimp stuffed with crab meat. Delicious! We would come back again to sure! Excellent food for the value and great service. We were in and out with our meal in just over an hour as we sipped on our beverages and enjoyed a night out. :). If 4.5 would be an option, that would be our choice rating (my husband would give 5 stars and I would give them 4).

1 Thank Chachi4life