“Quaint is nice, but potential not met” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Driftwood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mexico Beach
Driftwood Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Mexico Beach B&B and Inns
Gulf Breeze, Florida
“Quaint is nice, but potential not met”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

This is a great, fun property and the beach cannot be beat. But it is hard to
enjoy that when the furniture is in disrepair. Antique is one thing, 50's chairs with broken
rungs are another. Not only was the older mattress uncomfortable, the bed squeaked at
every wiggle. The room was very clean. The bathroom was beyond tiny, and the linens were dated. So much care and thought has gone into the gardens and exterior, it is a shame that they stopped short of providing the cozy comfort the property evokes.
The dog and parrot that greet you in the lobby are interesting- unfortunately, their odors greet
you first.

Room Tip: ask to see the room- they vary
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ZillerChiller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Most of us who visit the coast of Florida are used to staying in hotels or condos which tend to be generic in nature. Tall, boxy high rises with concrete back decks and swimming pools. Seen one, seen them all. But on the water in Mexico Beach, Fl is a secret. A Victorian Inn with a back yard instead of a back deck. Where wooden porch swings surrounded by roses invite you to sit a spell. Where green grass and flower pots full of blooms greet you every morning with the sounds of birds feeding at the many bird feeders scattered around. It's like discovering a secret garden. The rooms are filled with antique Victorian furniture and each room has a charming little kitchen where you can fix a little tidbit to munch on while you sit under an arbor watching the waves roll in. A perfect place for weddings as they have their own little chapel. They also have separate Victorian cottages if you don't wish to stay in the Inn. Truly a beautiful place. A secret garden right on the beach.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank martha b
Dawsonville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

A quaint beachy inn right on the sand plenty of shade if needed. Be specific with housekeeping, it can be spotty. Rooms are good size but new mattresses badly needed. Enjoyed the beautiful beach & atmosphere.

Room Tip: Reserve the larger rooms upstairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tennis45_13
prattville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

this was our fifth year staying at the drifthwood. when I made my reservations I made it for room 11 when I arrived I was told I was staying in room10 because she had no one to clean room 11.
after trying to discuss this the owner just laughed it off, I should have left then,but my husband said to let it go .the next day I ask the housecleaning staff for clean towels and got a dish rag and two washcloths and a kitchen hand towel. Upon check out I ask for a copy of my bill before I paid and discover that my name address and city were all wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When I brought this to the staff's attention she said she must had been day d.reaming.
I will never stay there again and am very sad to see such a beautiful place fall in such disray. Rude people you deal with everyday, I try to treat people with kindness and respect. Staff at driftwood you need to wake up ,people do not like to come on vacation to deal with rude,ugly staff .for the money I spent for 3 days I will get a clean towels,nice staff and a nicer welcome the next time I come to mexico beach. thanks for the night mares of my last stay @ driftwood lana thornton Prattville alabama

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank lana t

Travellers are raving about these Mexico Beach hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have just returned from 3 days at Driftwood Inn. Loved it. The rooms were clean and nice and having a kitchen was so nice. We loved all the birds and beautiful flowers in the gardens. We were greeted by Woodie ( a big and sweet great Dane) and Joe Joe the Macaw. It will not be our last visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Wichita, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

I just stayed here with my Mom, while helping her to pick out a house to rent (she's moving there!). The Driftwood Inn was very clean, very nice people and had everything I wanted. Back door opened to a pretty sitting area with statues, fountains and a walk to the beach where I spent most of my time. You do see some rust, sand etc. (totally expected, ocean is yards away!) but everything was VERY kept up for being on the beach! I not only highly recommend it, I'd stay again if I was to come back to Mexico Beach. Pet friendly. Does have laundry facilities and an ice machine.

Room Tip: I was in room #1 - the stove wouldn't turn on at all, but it was no biggie, we didn't use it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Mesquite, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

This was our first but not our last trip to the Driftwood Inn. One of the few Pet friendly hotels that are actually on the beach. Other than the bathroom being small the room was nice. With a full kitchen, I have to admit it was nice being able to bring some of our own food. Met some of the greatest people from all over the contry. All of them had nothing but great things to say about the Driftwood Inn. Many of them had been coming to Mexico Beach area for many years.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#12 of 48 in Panama City Beach
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Panama City
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City

Been to Driftwood Inn? Share your experiences!