“Clean and Comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gulf View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico Beach
Gulf View Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mexico Beach
georgia
“Clean and Comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2008

This is nothing fancy. It is simple but clean. The rates are half the price of anything else in the area. No you are not right on the beach but walk across a two lane road and you are there.
The motel is sort of a horsehoe shape with grassy area in the back with picnic tables that is a great spot for kids to play. We played cards here in the evening. I found the owner a very interesting older gentleman that I enjoyed chatting with on several occassions and his son was also very friendly and kind. I will be back and will recommend to my friends and family.

• Liked — Price
  • Disliked — stairs
7 Thank plcbvs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dothan Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2008

The motel is just 2 lanes from the Gulf! The owners never claimed it was on the beach. If you know there's no internet be grateful the son offers you his. The rates can't be beat, call around including the El Govenor it's like 800.00 a week + tax!!!! 375.00 a week + tax and 5.00 for each additional person at the Gulfview is astonishingly low and the reviews speak for themselves, not to mention you have to book a year in advance if you plan on staying more than a couple of days!!! This also speaks for the motel as well as the Family that own and run it!!! I have been going to the Gulfview for years and was appalled, astonished and agast at that memphismom1's review, sounds more like "1psychomom from memphis to me" !!!! All I can say is the reviews speak for themselves and check the place out for yourselves!!!!!!! I will continue to be a regular at the Gulfview Motel

• Liked — Sand, Sun, all around fun, not crowded, nothings far away
  • Disliked — I can't think of anything, very accomodating
8 Thank JustPeachy2u
Memphis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2008

Well we booked this only because my daughter's friend's mother knew the owners. Sure it was dirt cheep. But you know the old saying you get what you pay for....
Right off the bat the owner's son was complaining about the lady that had just checked out. That she was a crack addict...
Then there was the party that smoked some, as he put it killer weed.
The owners son said I hope you will come back. I said I really need internet for my job. He said his best friend had said they needed it and would install it for customers. But he didn't really care what the customers wanted. If they wanted internet they could "come" up to his apartment and use his, or go down the street. He also said he has an 8 person jacuzzi but didn't run it because again he didn't care and they had all the people they needed.
One thing I found funny was there was NO clock. when I asked for one I was scolded. Yep the owner said why did I need a clock? Well I left it go but one reason was because if you ask for a wake up call half the time they didn't give you one.
it is NOT on the beach. it's across. So if you want a view go down the street to the Governor's, (or something like that) They have a pool, on the ocean, a masseur, soooo much more and it's only a little more.
So much was wrong with this place and the attitude! The place is a dump! The only nice person was the cleaning lady. The pet 3" roach wasn't too bad....

• Liked — The cleaning lady.
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING, you get what you pay for and this place was CHEAP in everyway. YUCK!
5 Thank Memphismom1
AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2008

This little gem is a trip saver for the fisherman on a budget. Located in Mexico Beach, it is about 10 miles west of the marina at Port St Joe. A single room here is very affordable compared to other nearby establishments, and if you're a reasonable sort, the management is very accommodating.

Now, this is not your fancy, spend a week with the wife and kids kind of place. It is a no-frills, down to earth place offering room bed and bath conveniently located to the beach, restaurants and fishing spots which anyone wanting an alternative to pricy hotels can appreciate.

• Liked — Convenient location
  • Disliked — Bed not the greatest
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
11 Thank Scalar
Sylvester, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2008

First of all, this motel IS NOT LOCATED IN PORT ST JOE!!! lol. It is in MEXICO BEACH, Fl. For some reason people have been posting it in Port St Joe. We called the owner when we arrived in Port St Joe because we could not find it and he said "No, I am in Mexico Beach!". So just a heads up for everyone. Also no one else on here has posted any photos, so I took the liberty of snapping some of our room so you can see what it looks like before you go!

Now, on to the details! This is a very nice (for the price you can NOT beat it!!) motel. It is located on Highway 98 across the street from the beach and almost right across from El Governor (which when I was booking rooms, cost $135 a night). We had 2 'bedrooms' and a bathroom and a little kitchenette in our room. With taxes and everything it was $71 a night!! And it was super nice, everything smelled fresh and clean when we walked in the room, the bathrooms were nice and clean, as were the beds and linens. I was VERY pleased with this motel and we will definitely be returning. Anyone who has anything bad to say about this motel is crazy!! lol. It is the perfect place to stay if you want something nice but are on a budget and don't want to pay over $100 for a hotel room that you're hardly going to be in anyway!

My husband and I went down on a Friday and then 2 of our friends joined up on Saturday afternoon, and they only had to pay $10 extra for that night, $5 per extra person in the room.

I definitely give this motel a 5 due to price, cleanliness, friendliness of the owner - a little old man who is so sweet & says he hasn't raised his rates in over 20 years - as well as the location! It is maybe 10 steps across the street and then down a little boardwalk thing and you are on the beach in less than 3 minutes!

• Liked — The location, price and cleanliness.
  • Disliked — Was not pet friendly.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
9 Thank amandab08
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2008

Clean, comfortable and close to the water. I was travelling by myself and could not have asked for a better experience. The owners were very nice and even gave me feedback on the area...from the best beaches in the area to where the locals go for dinner. I will definitely book there again. The reasonable price is also very attractive.

• Liked — proximity to the beach
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
6 Thank AtlantaSunshine
Georgia, USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2007

Went to Mexico Beach, Florida for just a few days as we go at least once a year and try to stay for a week, but had a few days (weekend) and decided earlier in the week to find a place. This is still peak season there and the rates would have been what we paid for a full week in off season around the end of Sept or first of Oct. My husband called "Gulf View" and thought the rate of $65.00 plus tax seemed reasonable compared to others.
Arrived about 10:00 pm central time and was greeted by owner, an eldery gentleman. He tells us the rates have been the same for 20 years!
We got an efficiency room, which was 2 rooms plus bathroom. First room had double bed (new), small kitchen, regular size refrigerator, table and chairs, & tv. Second room had queen size bed (new), small dresser and tv. Bathroom had shower, toliet and sink.
Kinda small but clean. Towels were soft! We had a stocked kitchen with utensils, dinnerware, glasses and pots and pans. Front room was a bit warmer,b/c second room had the window unit in it. Turned it down to about 66 degrees and it cooled nicely.

Bank right beside the hotel, walking distance to Sharon's cafe and Beach Foods (grocery-supplies store) and of course small driving or walking distance to Beach Pizza (yum) and a few convience type stores. Pier is about 1 1/2 miles north of this hotel.
Right across the street was the beach. We walked, carrying in one trip all our supplies for a day on the beach So I would estimate a few yards to get to beach, and we walked back and forth with no problem at all.
We enjoyed staying here and invited 2 friends to come and stay with us for an extra $5.00 per person per night. Not too bad. Sure some improvements could and can be made. And i think they are making these improvements as they can. The last night there (Sat night) it was no vacancy, so they must be doing something right!
Will stay here again.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — Bathroom
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Red Roof Inn Panama City
Red Roof Inn Panama City
#4 of 31 in Panama City
Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point
Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay P...
#4 of 48 in Panama City Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Panama City

Been to Gulf View Motel? Share your experiences!