“Great location and great value.”
Review of Gulf View Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mexico Beach
Gulf View Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Mexico Beach
Reviewed 26 April 2009

Since I hadn't seen any pictures, I was a little hesitant. However, we were pleasantly surprised when we first saw it. We don't like staying in chains or large hotels, so this was perfect. We had a kitchenette unit, which was well stocked and if there was something we needed, they got it for us. The owner and his son were very helpful. Also, unless we needed something, they left us alone. The unit was just big enough since we don't spend much time in there anyway. There are a couple of nice sitting spaces outside. The beach is literally across the street and it is a beautiful beach -- several miles of great walking. There is a small grocery store only a couple of blocks away and a great ice cream shop about 1 mile away. There are also some nice restaurants in town and several a short drive away. It's close to other great beaches also. I would say the only drawback is that the highway can be kind of noisy during the main part of the day, since the motel is right on the highway, but it quiets down around 10:00 p.m. for sleeping.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
5  Thank shorty9

Reviewed 19 April 2009

We have stated here several times. If you want a clean older budget place this is the one for you. All ground floor units right across the street from a great beach access. Full sized refrigerator as well as a gas stove and a sink in each unit. We stayed here for a week and it is by far the best rate you will find. We stayed in the #6 unit which is around back, which we did not like at first, but actually liked it the best because of the privacy and the fact that the one side has windows you can open and let the sea breezes in. On the down side, smoking is allowed in all the units and we could smell the smoke in the unit.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
6  Thank TravelerGEO
Reviewed 27 January 2009

This family owned motel is a last vestige of Old Florida. It is right across the road from a gorgeous beach, convenient to restaurants and other simple pleasures of the relatively undeveloped town of Mexico Beach. If you want amusement parks, dance clubs, etc, go to Panama City. If you want a very reasonably priced stay in a clean motel with a friendly owner, the Gulf View is for you.

6  Thank Rchrd
Reviewed 18 August 2008

This is nothing fancy. It is simple but clean. The rates are half the price of anything else in the area. No you are not right on the beach but walk across a two lane road and you are there.
The motel is sort of a horsehoe shape with grassy area in the back with picnic tables that is a great spot for kids to play. We played cards here in the evening. I found the owner a very interesting older gentleman that I enjoyed chatting with on several occassions and his son was also very friendly and kind. I will be back and will recommend to my friends and family.

7  Thank plcbvs
Reviewed 26 July 2008

The motel is just 2 lanes from the Gulf! The owners never claimed it was on the beach. If you know there's no internet be grateful the son offers you his. The rates can't be beat, call around including the El Govenor it's like 800.00 a week + tax!!!! 375.00 a week + tax and 5.00 for each additional person at the Gulfview is astonishingly low and the reviews speak for themselves, not to mention you have to book a year in advance if you plan on staying more than a couple of days!!! This also speaks for the motel as well as the Family that own and run it!!! I have been going to the Gulfview for years and was appalled, astonished and agast at that memphismom1's review, sounds more like "1psychomom from memphis to me" !!!! All I can say is the reviews speak for themselves and check the place out for yourselves!!!!!!! I will continue to be a regular at the Gulfview Motel

8  Thank JustPeachy2u
Reviewed 21 July 2008

Well we booked this only because my daughter's friend's mother knew the owners. Sure it was dirt cheep. But you know the old saying you get what you pay for....
Right off the bat the owner's son was complaining about the lady that had just checked out. That she was a crack addict...
Then there was the party that smoked some, as he put it killer weed.
The owners son said I hope you will come back. I said I really need internet for my job. He said his best friend had said they needed it and would install it for customers. But he didn't really care what the customers wanted. If they wanted internet they could "come" up to his apartment and use his, or go down the street. He also said he has an 8 person jacuzzi but didn't run it because again he didn't care and they had all the people they needed.
One thing I found funny was there was NO clock. when I asked for one I was scolded. Yep the owner said why did I need a clock? Well I left it go but one reason was because if you ask for a wake up call half the time they didn't give you one.
it is NOT on the beach. it's across. So if you want a view go down the street to the Governor's, (or something like that) They have a pool, on the ocean, a masseur, soooo much more and it's only a little more.
So much was wrong with this place and the attitude! The place is a dump! The only nice person was the cleaning lady. The pet 3" roach wasn't too bad....

5  Thank Memphismom1
Reviewed 27 May 2008

This little gem is a trip saver for the fisherman on a budget. Located in Mexico Beach, it is about 10 miles west of the marina at Port St Joe. A single room here is very affordable compared to other nearby establishments, and if you're a reasonable sort, the management is very accommodating.

Now, this is not your fancy, spend a week with the wife and kids kind of place. It is a no-frills, down to earth place offering room bed and bath conveniently located to the beach, restaurants and fishing spots which anyone wanting an alternative to pricy hotels can appreciate.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
Sheraton Bay Point Resort
#3 of 49 in Panama City Beach
19 mi away
WoodSpring Suites Panama City

Been to Gulf View Motel? Share your experiences!