“Does what it claims to do.”

Homewood Suites Miami-Airport West
Ranked #14 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Mancunium
“Does what it claims to do.”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Homewood at their various locations have become our hotel of choice when travelling in the US, and this is our third visit to this Miami location without any cause for complaint. Couple comfortable beds with a reasonably well equipped kitchen and an acceptable breakfast and our boxes are well ticked! Our stays haven't allowed us to sample the Manager's reception so can't comment but the staff do seem happy to go the extra mile in extending a smile and happy demeanour.

1 Thank Mancunium

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Post Cruise for one night prior to returning to Canada. We usually use the Hampton Inns but decided to check out this one as close to Airport.
Delighted that they offered Senior/Military Discount (which is not always the case for the other Hilton Hotel Group)
Room is a whole suite. 2 flat screen TV's. Full kitchen/fridge etc. Loved the separate bedroom. Clean, not problem with overhead airplane noise. (3rd floor facing pool).
The Front Staff are WONDERFUL.
We were early post cruise and we experienced such thoughtfulness with Dayana upon check in. She and our checkout girl (Cat) are definite keepers!~!~ Fully customer oriented and were able to efficiently "multi task" whilst smiling with even the more annoying guests! (not us!)
We knew there was a shuttle to/from Airport, but did not realize they also offered complimentary shuttles to the huge Dolphin Mall (828 stores....wow!)
Given the suite style of hotel with pool and shuttles, spend a few days there folks and enjoy!
Breakfast was hot and good. There is also a Managers Meal offered during week days.
The only issue we experienced was a young shuttle driver who after saying he was full for the Mall Shuttle, turned us away and then put on 2 other people who were way behind us saying we were not on a list. There WAS no list I might add. Again our heroine Dayana came forth and within 5 minutes we had our own personal shuttle to the Mall. Amazing surprise thank you.
We hope to be back in the near future and would recommend this place.
Our little "Homewood Suites Duck stuffie is now being added to our sons mascot display for his Squadron. Thanks girls!

3 Thank MrsBill
West Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Everything what you can expect from the Homewood Suites was there any plenty more. I will recommend to all my associates for the excellent location and to my friends and family for the excellent overall value.

1 Thank Jerzy K
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Overall excellent experience. Great rooms and courteous staff. Need REAL eggs for breakfast instead of reconstituted scrambled eggs and computer updates in business center ( slow running XP and worn keyboards ---- only used as I forgot my i-pad on trip !!!)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Paul N
Holladay, Utah
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

I always try to book Homewood suites when I travel. I love the ice maker, fridge and kitchen amenities in the room. It makes life so easy while traveling. Shuttle service was quick and friendly from the airport. For $12 pp we are taking the shuttle to the cruise terminal. I used the E-Checkin which is awesome, after showing my ID at the front desk they handed me keys, less than 1 minute to check in. I was surprised how quite it was considering a flight path overhead. The bed and pillows are so comfortable. The only thing I would like to see improve is the food department. More fresh fruit for breakfast and please use real silver wear not plastic.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank loielee
Tampa, FL, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

There was constant airplane noise, the ceiling leaked all over my suitcases and clothes, and when I told the staff of the leaky ceiling they were not too concerned and less than accomodating. They said that it happens every time it rains. They gave me $2.00 in quarters and told me that I could wash my clothes in the laundrymat. This place was not up to the usual Homewood Suites standards.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank Adam G
United States
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Even though the hotel was close to the airport and you could see planes fly overhead, the rooms were extremely quiet. Also, a hot breakfast each morning got you gong for the day. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple