“Happy We Chose Hilton Garden Inn West, Miami”

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Ranked #31 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our stay was short, but we were very happy with our decision to stay with you. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Our breakfast experience was very positive - good variety, helpful staff, and excellent food. Our room was very comfortable. All around, a very good experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Write a ReviewReviews (1,242)

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had a burned out light bulb and the shower head was broken and you couldn't change the settings. None of these were a big deal to me, I was only there for a night. After I left I got an email asdking if there were any issues and I reported the problems and indicated I had left a note in the room about them so they could be resolved for the next guest and got no response. Why ask if you are not going to respond the the issue? To me, that was a bad customer service choice!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 20 April 2014

04/04/14 arrival, one night. No regularly scheduled airport pickup shuttle is provided. Must call hotel from the airport for shuttle pickup. This was not made clear anywhere on the hotel's Hilton / HHonors reservations website pages, and after I called, the driver missed me during his first pickup attempt. However, to their credit, the front desk staff - and particularly the evening manager-on-duty - more than made up for the issues encountered. This is exactly why I keep coming back to Hilton / HHonors properties when I have a choice... things may not start out perfect but common sense and good customer service will prevail at the end. Property condition was top-notch. Would certainly recommend and consider staying there again. Breakfast was much better than that at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport (see my review of that property March 2014).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank WorldperksForever
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I stayed here on a sleep, park and cruise deal.

Room was very modern, clean and large. Staff were very friendly and I saw security driving around the parking lot keeping an eye on the cars. They have a small business desk area for guests that lets you print for free which was very useful as I had to print my boarding pass for the ship.

Altogether an excellent stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank CJD C
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The Hilton garden inn was a fine hotel... it had everything, a great pool, jacuzzi spa, fitness centre, bar and great restaurant. we booked a suite so the rooms had a coffee maker, microwave and a small fridge.
Also one of the very good things was that they had an airport shuttle going every half an hour from the hotel to the airport and from the airport you could commute to the different places in Miami using the Metro Mover and the Metro Rail, so you can really save bucks on travelling.

Great hotel, good people all in all a good comfortable stay.

Room Tip: suite would be very good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharan1107
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for 1 night pre-cruise. The property is located next to the airport and you will hear aircraft noise taking-off and landing so if you are very noise sensitive--you may want to book farther away from the ariport. We were too tired to notice it very much and our room faced the airport/runways. The Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West tends to be more of a business type property with smaller very nice and super clean rooms. K-cup brewers in every room was nice. Pool area was nice. This property will pick up from airport and also has shuttles going to cruise docks. Cruise shuttles run on schedule, are very efficient and cost approx $12 per person one way. Free wi-fi worked good and there is free coffee in lobby. There is a restaurant with bar on site with basic menu items and also a buffet in the mornings. This property functions well for business stays, one or two nights or if you have a car to reach other parts of the Miami area--also pre/post cruise. I wouldn't pick it for an extended vaction in the Miami due to it's location. I would recommend for pre/post cruise or easy access to airport. I would book this property again if I were cruising out of Miami or needed a night close to airport.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise ask for a room opposite from airport.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LASLuvr
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I stayed here the night before a cruise. The room was fine with two comfortable beds. It had a K-Cup machine and a fridge. All employees I met were friendly and efficient. The pool was nothing special. The property in general seemed clean and better maintained than many airport hotels I 've stayed in. This place is fine for a day or two but I wouldn't stay here for an extended vacation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo