“I liked it”

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This is a nice hotel. I got there late at night, but still enjoyed the bed the shower and the cool outdoor area. The front desk was helpful and nice, cool little bar area to buy juice and stuff too. I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West property and were very satisfied with accommodations and service. Both of our stays were for one night. Our second stay we had booked a non smoking suite to allow for more room and noticed it had a very strong smell of smoke due to the fact it was located on the only smoking floor of the hotel. The staff, in particular Stefanie at front desk was very accommodating in this matter and moved us to another floor to a handicap room. I expect at that late hour it was the only room left to move us to but it was fine and we were comfortable.
The restaurant on site is very good and the staff so very friendly and efficient. We chose to eat any meals we needed here because it was convenient and we liked the atmosphere. Shuttle to and from MIA is very efficient as well.
I spent a lot of time on TA searching for the best stopover property at MIA and we were more than happy with this choice. Prior to leaving I noticed they had a lovely outdoor pool and next time I'm stopping in Miami, I will make sure to allow extra time to utilize it!

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor if you are a non smoker or have a smoke allergy.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This was the perfect hotel for overnight stay before leaving on a 7 day cruise. The pool was really nice, the room was clean and quiet, the staff was very helpful and we especially appreciated the shuttle service and the ability to leave our car while we were on the cruise.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank June O
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Everything in new condition and clean. What you would expect from a Hilton except for the following, It is extremely difficult to get to by car if you have not been there before. The back entrances close at 7 pm. That is the easy entrance. The main entrance is not too well marked and only accessible from one direction on the highway. The elevators are very slow, so slow everyone notices. The staff was nice. The business center only had one working computer so everyone who was checking-in for a flight had to use one computer. The included breakfast had two kinds of eggs, bacon, sausage, hash, fried potatoes, oatmeal, several juices, yogurt and much more. I’d stay there anytime, just a few small details as noted.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our stay was short, but we were very happy with our decision to stay with you. The staff was very friendly and attentive. Our breakfast experience was very positive - good variety, helpful staff, and excellent food. Our room was very comfortable. All around, a very good experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had a burned out light bulb and the shower head was broken and you couldn't change the settings. None of these were a big deal to me, I was only there for a night. After I left I got an email asdking if there were any issues and I reported the problems and indicated I had left a note in the room about them so they could be resolved for the next guest and got no response. Why ask if you are not going to respond the the issue? To me, that was a bad customer service choice!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2014

04/04/14 arrival, one night. No regularly scheduled airport pickup shuttle is provided. Must call hotel from the airport for shuttle pickup. This was not made clear anywhere on the hotel's Hilton / HHonors reservations website pages, and after I called, the driver missed me during his first pickup attempt. However, to their credit, the front desk staff - and particularly the evening manager-on-duty - more than made up for the issues encountered. This is exactly why I keep coming back to Hilton / HHonors properties when I have a choice... things may not start out perfect but common sense and good customer service will prevail at the end. Property condition was top-notch. Would certainly recommend and consider staying there again. Breakfast was much better than that at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport (see my review of that property March 2014).

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo