“Good and clean hotel, but terrible beds.”

Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The hotel was clean, the personnel really friendly, but the Matress was terrible, in a 2 beds room is almost impossible to sleep with your wife. The other problem was to find a parking because they use the parking as a low price airport parking and the hotel gets have to do the impossible to get one.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Due to flight and airport delays, I was only at to hotel for about 10 hours. But, I did use the dinner and breakfast. Both were good . Javier in the restaurant was awesome!

BUT...At any hotel that is named an Airport Hotel, you go there expecting that the staff is trained and accustomed to dealing with folks that are going to and from the airport. The airport shuttle at an airport hotel is just about the most important thing to any traveller. It can make or break your whole trip if problems occur. It would just make sense. But, the front desk staff on Sunday, August 17 was as far from trained and willing to help out with airport transfers and questions as is possible. I had called the hotel a week prior to our arrival to find out information on the airport shuttle. I was told to call when we arrived at the airport and they would come get us. That was easy I thought.

When we arrived at the Miami airport a week later, I called as instructed. I was told that the shuttle only picked-up passengers in one spot in the whole, huge Miami airport. The person told me to go there and the shuttle would be along shortly, I told the person that I was all together unfamiliar with the airport and it might take me a few minutes to get to the pick- up spot. It took a bit, but we got to the pick up spot. No bus. So, I called the hotel again 15 minutes after arriving at the pick-up spot. A different person told me that the shuttle only ran every 30 minutes and after checking on things, she said it would be there, in a few minutes. I called again 15 minutes later and was informed that it takes a while to go to all, of the pick-up spots to get people so it would be soon. One of the pick-up spots was in the terminal I was at in the first place and I told the agent that. She said that I really hadn't had to go that far so what was the big deal? Overall, we waited more than 40 minutes for the shuttle and got a different answer every time I called about the shuttle. The Hilton Airport shuttle, the Hampton and holiday Inn shuttles passed us three times while we were waiting. There's more to it all, but you get the idea. It was a mess.

The shuttle driver was very nice so we decided to ask him directly about going back,to the airport in the morning. He told us that the shuttle ran on the hour until 7 AM and from then on every 30 minutes.

Once at the hotel, the front desk lerk checked us in efficiently and quickly. Not one word about all the misinformation. No apology just a cold attitude. I feel sure she was waiting for me to make a comment on the three phone calls and complaints but I saved that for the hotel manager.

In the morning, At 6:15 AM, I told the front desk person..a new person.. That I needed to call a cab to go to the airport. .He said oh just take the shuttle to the airport it will be leaving at 6:30. I just shook my head and told him that the driver himself had told me that the shuttle ran at 6:00 and then again at 7:00 AM. He said, oh no, it will be leaving at 6:30 I promise. It left at 6:30, and we finally got to leave that mess of a shuttle behind.

The hotel was fine but not quite as nice as the usual HGInn. But will I stay there again...not in a million years.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Micky O
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband for a very short stay last night. We arrived at 10pm and had to leave at 6am. We waited for the van for longer than we would have liked, however, When we finally arrived, check in went smoothy and the front desk was very accommodating. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable, however, the lamps I plugged my ipad into and phone into did not charge them, and I had to find an alternative plug. My husband was also not impressed with the air conditioning system, as you cannot keep the fan running constantly while using air conditioning.

My husband called down to see if there would be coffee in the morning as there usually is at most hotels, as he generally doesn't like the room coffee, and was told there would be coffee in the morning in the lobby. When we went to check out of the hotel at 6am, and as we were entering the lobby, we heard several "f-type" swear words from the front desk staff. When they saw us, they stopped using inappropriate language. When we asked if there was any coffee in the lobby, they proceeded to tell us that coffee is at 6:30, and then pointed to the back of the key pouch that says breakfast starts at 6:30 on sundays. Luckily we went over to the breakfast area where the chefs were coming in for the day, and at first they said breakfast was at 6:30, but then we asked if it would be possible for the coffee and they were very helpful and nice and made some for us.

Overall we did not have the best experience and we probably wouldn't stay here again.

1  Thank Jenny L
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel is good for the price and in a good location for Miami airport and some shopping centers.

The rooms are big and well equipped, the quality of sleeping is really good as you can here anything from your bed.

The breakfast is good with the option of pancakes, waffles or omelets made at the time of your order.

Internet is free and you can have good speed for surfing the web and check emails.

The only downside is the service at reception. They don't have the Hilton customer service tradition. They are always like grumpy. I felt they were not comfortable when you ask them for something.

The hotel charges you 5 USD per package received for you and they also have hours schedule for you to pick up the packages. Therefore you have to plan your day and trip to be at the hotel in their schedule time to get your packages.

I think that if they are charging you for a package they should be able to give them to you anytime.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

After enduring a lengthy travel day, I needed a place to sleep until my flight the next day and went with Hilton Garden Inn since I am familiar with their product. And I was not disappointed. The front desk was super friendly and even suggested a great restaurant for dinner. The rooms are standard...but comfortable. There's a mini fridge, coffee maker, and wifi. The beds are of the adjustable variety, not my thing, but slept well. The ac is a little loud, however, it drowns out the planes above and noisy neighbors. Other perks are fruit infused water, bar, restaurant.....and warm cookies!! The best part for me was that there is a free shuttle to the airport. It comes every half hour, so plan accordingly. I would definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from big groups like family reunions, conferences, etc.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mykewll
Reviewed 11 August 2014

we enjoy the hotel it has all the we like in the way we travel when we go to florida.we sure r going back tho this location again or to any garden inn. thanks for everything we had a good time in ur property it was nice and clean.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 10 August 2014

"The rooms were very comfortable and the hotel is in an excellent location. The only thing lacking was a gym but the amenities more than made up for it. This hotel is also an excellent value for a property of this quality. I would highly recommend it.
"

Room Tip: Ask about pet friendly rooms so you can bring your pet friends!