“Sketchy neighborhood!”

Hilton Miami Downtown
Ranked #33 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stayed here for two nights prior to a cruise. This hotel would have been ok had it not been for the fact that my family was followed and harrassed when we left our hotel and walked down the street. After that we made sure to take a cab everywhere we went.....even if it was close by. If you do venture out definitely do so during daylight and try not to look like a tourist or you may as well have a target painted on your back! I wish the concierge had warned us instead of pointing us toward the public transportation system.

As far as our room goes, it was a bit dated- not what I expected from a Hilton.

My family did enjoy the pool area. The water was a bit chilly but that did not deter from the fun.

Food- the sandwiches were great. Stay away from the chicken caesar salad....not so good. The salad was not fresh. The breakfast buffet was pretty good. Would have been better if they offered either waffles or pancakes at the buffet instead of just eggs.

Most of the employees were very kind and helpful.

Because of the area and the fact that I felt unsafe when I exited the hotel, I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2012

It is disheartening to learn that your stay did not meet your expectations. Centrally located on Biscayne Boulevard in the heart of the city of Miami, many major attractions are just minutes away. Our concierge is more than happy to make travel suggestions based upon our guest’s particular comfort level and needs. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with the experience that so many have come to enjoy.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,815)

Reviewed 30 December 2011

I read a bunch of the reviews of this location and was wondering about the neighborhood. A couple of folks asked me for money, after all this is Miami not Disney Land. I'd be more scared if I saw Mickey Mouse on the streets around here. A few bums remind you that you are staying in a big city.

I am writing this review from a beautiful city view room. Everyone at the place was friendly from the guys parking and greeting cars downstairs to the folks servicing the room.

The only reason I am not giving this an excellent rating is the fact that there is no free wireless in the rooms. Heck, Motel 6 gives you free wireless. I can't figure the reasoning for not providing free wireless on all the floors at this location. Oh yeah...the pool may be heated, but it's not all that warm. In fact it was chilly when I went swimming a couple of days ago.

There's a great little diner a very short walk from the hotel. One of the guys that works in the Motor Lobby recommended it. S & S Diner. It was rated preatty well by the food channel. At least that's what the waitress said. :-) I ate two very good diner breakfasts there.

Again, friendly staff, great view if you get on the side with the downtown view and close to public transportation.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with a City/Bay View. You won't be disappointed, especially at night.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank JimboNorth
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your stay with us. The views from the Hilton Miami Downtown are breathtaking. Thank you for your tips to other travelers! The central location and access to the Miami Metromover (free mass transit) make it a favorite choice of many of travelers. It is regrettable that you did not address your concerns regarding the pool water temperature at the time of your stay but we will bring it to the attention of our maintenance staff for the comfort of all guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Miami Downtown in the future.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

likes:
- nice building, modern look & feel, rooms are comfy
- concierge was very helpful with sightseeing tips, overall the staff was friendly
- pool is awesome
- we forgot something in the room, they found it and shipped it to us for free

not too good:
- not much to do around in the area, probably don't want to wander off at night
- not much in terms of restaurants etc (except a burger king across the street), hotel's own options are pretty sad too
- housekeeping staff was rude (I asked for some sugar, and the lady started questioning me that I should already have it in my room)
- parking is a big rip off ($25 for single entry and $28 for valet)
- breakfast buffet was average, for the price they charge!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Thank you for your detailed review of your stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown. Our concierge is more than happy to offer suggestions for excursions and restaurant options, with numerous attractions just minutes away. We will share your comments with our Housekeeping staff as a way to coach them further and assure that each guest feels comfortable to make their requests known. We look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you to Miami.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I usually stay at Hilton brand hotels when I travel which too often and this was one of the worst places. We checked into the hotel about 11:00 pm and granted there was no room service or open restaurant at the hotel at such hour but when I asked the front desk I was told that there arent any vending machines anywhere in the hotel!

The room that we were given was very dirty (emply bottle of water near the bed and hair in the tub. When I called the front desk, the gentleman told me there aren't any other available rooms. Although I am a diamond member we were not provided with any water (as the policy states for H Honor members) and I had to call 3 times and wait for 30+ minutes for two bottles of water.

We decided to check out and change rooms the next day. As we were checking out I discussed my concerns with the one of the front desk supervisors (at least that is what he claimed to be) and all he said to me was I am very sorry! Nothing more! Very disappointed in this hotel, the customer service, and overall appearance/cleansiness.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank liban0214

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is regrettable that you had such a negative experience upon arrival and unfortunate that our staff was unable to provide a satisfactory response to your concerns. We value all of our feedback and will share your comments with our housekeeping staff to ensure that cleanliness is maintained. We hope to have another chance in the future to provide you with a more satisfying experience.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

We recently spent a full week in this hotel as we are relocating back to Europe. Overall the impression is very solid, the hotel has recently been upgraded and is clean, great rooms with spectacular views of Miami downtown and the port of Miami. Location may be a little off but worked well for us. We were a family of four and were all happy with th stay. The lounge (Hilton honors) was excellent and breakfast and smaller dishes served there with service minded staff. Only minor issue was elevator occupancy and somewhat small fitness center. All in all, solid Hilton experience.

• Stayed: December 2011

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Miami Downtown as your stop over destination. Centrally located in downtown Miami, we are only 15 minutes from Miami International airport and 5 minutes from the Port of Miami. We’re glad you appreciated our newly renovated guest rooms and modern accommodations. Please visit us again when you are state side!

Reviewed 16 December 2011

Stayed here when we missed out flight to San Juan. Arrived late, tired and hungry. Avi, manager of the restaurant took great care of us, helping get us fed after the kitchen was about to close. Went out of his way to help. Nice front desk personnel as well. So far a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2011

We are thrilled that your stay at the Hilton Miami Downtown provided a bit of comfort in what was a difficult travel situation. Our staff strives to accommodate our guests and make them feel welcome and cared for. Thank you for your review and kind comments. We hope you will stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Just returned from a 4 night stay @ The Hilton. The room was good with a great view. All was well until we received no housekeeping after the 2nd day. Even after I told the housekeeper that the room needs to be serviced.

However Jóse and Ivan were very attentive and gave good recommendations on where to visit and to eat.. I would recommend this hotel to my friends I would also advise them to bring their own towels...

1  Thank SLEEPYLIN
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Hearing from our guests is the best way for us at the Hilton Miami Downtown to continually improve your experience. Bringing your own towels should not be necessary and the Director of Housekeeping has been informed about the inconvenience you experienced so that a solution may be found. Thank you for letting us know and for your review. We pride ourselves on personalized service and are thrilled to see our team members were successful in achieving this with you. Come back and stay with us anytime!