“Must Love Dogs”

Ranked #38 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Orlando, United States
“Must Love Dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I chose the location because it was close to the University of Miami Hospital. There plenty within walking distance of the hotel, fast food and a Publix. Staff was so great towards me and my dogs. Conceirge gave me directions to a pet friednly park 2 block away on the bay. It was great. Couldn't have asked for a better experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Traveling with pets can be challenging, so we are so glad you trusted us when visiting Miami with your dogs. It’s our pleasure to assist and advise all of our valued guests with what they are looking for in Miami, and we will share your compliments with everyone here. It is our privilege to provide you with a great hotel experience at Hilton Miami Downtown.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (398)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I booked a weekend at the Miami Hilton Downtown after our 4 day cruise. It was a great spot to rest before our drive back to Orlando.

Check-in was quick and efficient. The front desk ladies that assisted us were friendly and helpful. They even allowed us to check in early without any fuss. I know that check-in isn't until 3pm, so we felt really lucky that they granted that to us.

The room was clean, decent-sized and had a gorgeous view of the bay.

They had a rooftop pool, which I felt was average. They didn't have a large amount of lounge chairs out, but I'm sure people traveling to Miami go to the beach versus the pool.

There are tons of restaurants that are within a 10-15 minute driving radius. If you plan to bring your own vehicle, opt for valet parking. Self-parking is $25 every time you enter the garage. Valet is $28 and you can enter and leave as often as you'd like.

Overall, we enjoyed our quick stop at this hotel. Would definitely stay again, when traveling to Miami.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
It was our pleasure to welcome the two of you for a relaxing stay following your cruise. We’re so glad you enjoyed your comfortable room and the beautiful view at Hilton Miami Downtown. Our front-desk associates will be happy to know how friendly and helpful they were, and how much you appreciated early check-in. Thank you for your kind review.
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Location: The hotel is located on Biscayne Blvd (aka US 1) just north of the large cluster of buildings in Downtown Miami. It's an easy walk to the monorail and also the opera house and performing arts center. There's a Publix in walking distance as well as a couple of fast food joints (a Burger King and Checkers). I-395/FL 834 which go to Miami Beach and the Airport are half a mile away. It's a very easy and quick drive from MIA and a $24 cab ride.

Hotel: The layout is a little strange, one elevator takes you from the "Motor Lobby" where you park to the Ballroom and the Lobby and then separate elevators take you to the rooms. The lobby is large with a bar and a restaurant where breakfast is served plus sundry shop. The pool area is just off the lobby as well.

Check In: One of the most pleasant experiences I've had checking in. We had three rooms reserved and my Father and brother had already arrived before me and my other brother. We had a great interaction with two women working at the desk who were friendly and fun but made sure we were taken care of. We also got an upgrade to a Bay View room which is nice as in my experience, having a room with two beds means the least likely chance at anything nice.

Room: Two Queens on the 12th Floor with a great view. Wifi worked well, though the room had a shortage of outlets. Only one near the bed in fact which is annoying. Bathroom was a little bigger than average and the shower had great water pressure and was hot. The hotel does feel a little old in the rooms but nothing that affected me.

Breakfast/Other: Golds got coupons for a full buffet in the lobby restaurant, I was told the lounge is only for Diamonds. Breakfast, however, was very good. Cold options included fruit, cheese, cold cuts, smoked salmon, vegetables, cereal, pastries (amazing croissants). Hot options were on each day scrambled eggs (with optional cheese and salsa), bacon, two types of sausage, potatoes and oatmeal. Each day had a specialty option too, the first day was cheese blintzes. Service in the restaurant was excellent. Also, we did the valet parking option ($28/day) and they were amazingly fast at getting our car from us.

All in all, a wonderful stay and I'd gladly be back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sal_Paradise767
What a wonderful, detailed review! Thank you so much for sharing how much you enjoyed your stay at Hilton Miami Downtown. We strive to provide our guests with the utmost in comfort and luxury, and it seems we met that goal with you. It’s great how much you liked our ample breakfast buffet, and how you appreciated our front-desk associates. Thank you, too, for sharing your observations about your room. It would be our pleasure to have you return and are so grateful for your compliments.
Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This was our 1st stay at this hotel. There was another couple with us & they had brought her mother in a wheelchair & her grown daughter. We stayed 1 night pre cruise. When we arrived there were gentlemen outside who greeted us as we got out of our ride. They greeted us with a smile & offered to help with the luggage. Showed us to the front desk for check in. Lobby staff were very professional & courteous. She asked us if we preferred a low or hi floor. We took a low floor & the other couple took a hi floor for a better view of the ships. Our room was very clean & had shampoo, conditioner etc. She told us if we needed anything just call & they would take care of it. We both smoke & there were several places for smokers. Most hotels are now non-smoking so this was a very nice compromise. We ate in the bar & service was very good. There was plenty to eat & drinks were also very good. Service came with a smile & some small talk. I must say we used the military rate & for the Miami downtown area it was very reasonable. We can't wait to go back! We highly recommend this beautiful hotel for it's courteous, friendly staff & great service+++++

Room Tip: Higher floors will give you a great view of the ships coming in
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Our guests’ comfort and relaxation are of the utmost importance to us at Hilton Miami Downtown, and it was our pleasure to provide you with the service and quality you detail here. We are truly glad you appreciated our courteous and professional associates, your clean guestroom, and your dining experience in our Gallery Lounge. It’s thrilling that you cannot wait to come back, and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Bahamas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Hilton always delivers a consistent product. However some of their locations are invariably dated. Our room was not immediately adjacent to the elevator but that did not prevent me from waking up every time it pierced through the howling rattle of the air conditioning. The location is relatively good for downtown. The staff friendly and professional. I would give this hotel a very good rating considering the hotel cost is very competitive but if they have to means to change something like the above mentioned they should. So I rate this Hilton as average.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
We truly value the feedback of all our guests. It is gratifying to hear you found our staff friendly and professional, and our Miami location was convenient for you. It is truly disappointing that your stay was not as you had hoped. Providing an outstanding encounter on all levels is of the utmost of importance to us and we regret that your experience was anything less. Your comments regarding the noise will be shared with our management team for their consideration.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Great location, friendly staff, and surprisingly well-kept rooms. I definitely enjoyed my weekend in Miami and my stay at the Hilton Miami. I particularly enjoyed the pool and outdoor bar and thought Lissette Z was a great, friendly bartender and loved my bar conversations with her and other guests.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
It is great to hear that our accommodations, attentive staff and convenient location created a truly memorable stay for you at Hilton Miami Downtown. We love how much you enjoyed our rooftop pool and outdoor bar! It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for another great stay very soon and we thank you for your review.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel for business, and every morning I had to go to the bar/Starbucks for my triple shot grande Carmel macchiato an the 2 girls Miracle and Melissa not only remembered my drink every morning but they were also a pleasure to be around and a joy to talk. I wish every Starbucks had a dynamic duo like these two! Hope to see them in my next visit to Miami! !!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Richardapag
Thank you for your kind review of Hilton Miami Downtown. All of our associates are dedicated to providing the best in friendly customer service, and we’re so glad they were a pleasure and a joy to talk with each day. We will be sure to share your appreciation with the associates you mentioned by name. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.