“Property in need of attention...”

Hilton Miami Downtown
Ranked #33 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I arrived at the Hilton Miami Downtown for business on June 11th. Upon checking in, I was told that my room was located on the 18th floor. For some, that is great. However, I requested a low floor when making my reservation in early April. After discussion, I was given a room on the first floor of rooms, which is the ninth floor of the hotel. When I entered my room, it looked very disheveled and super small. The bedding was not neat and the bathroom wasnt the cleanest. Two minutes after entering the room, there was a knock on the door from the housekeeping manager. She asked if the room was okay. I told her my thoughts and she left. Hmmm.

After meeting with coworkers for dinner, their rooms were not in much better shape. One coworker did not have a working television. I decided to call the hotel to speak with a manager. I was connected to Liza, who was great. She agreed to move all of our rooms and apologized for the inconvenience. When we returned, she gave us new rooms and we moved. Great, right. NO!
My room was full of cigarette smoke. As a non-smoker, the smell was intolerable. I called security and they came to the room to confirm the smell and called the manager on duty, Mr.Diez. When Mr.Diez entered the room he also said it was full of smoke. With this being a non-smoking hotel, when one guest smokes, their cigarette smoke travels through the ventilation system into other rooms. Mr.Diez apologized profusely and also noted that this was my second room in less than 24 hours. He offered to move me to a suite the next day and offered a food and beverage credit. He was very concerned and exemplified professionalism in handling the situation.

The next afternoon I received a call that my suite was ready. I must say that I was underwhelmed. The suite is literally a larger room. My television was the same size, 32 inches, and swiveled. If you dont have decent eyesight, watching television in bed is a chore. The bathroom in the suite was smaller than in my previous two rooms. Mr. Diez called me to see if
the room was suitable. I agreed that it was due to the only other option being moved to a new
hotel.

I can honestly say that my stay was most unpleasant. The hotel is dated and lacks amenities. I regret my stay there as it ruined a great deal of my trip. Having to move three times within a four-day stay is ridiculous and unacceptable. While the hotel managers, Liza and Mr.Diez, did try to be accommodating, my trip was ruined. A great deal of an out of town experience is your lodging.

I would not suggest this hotel to anyone. I hope that they soon renovate. I truly think that their location is their saving grace ,being close to where the Heat play. Otherwise, Hilton Miami Downtown is just another hotel in need of attention. I would really like to speak to corporate about my experience. Wish I had good things to say, but I just don't.

2  Thank Acelrose1
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Although we are glad that you enjoyed our hotel’s location, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience you experience in your room change. We’re thoroughly troubled by the details you provided, and take your review very seriously. Your comments and experience will be shared with our entire management team. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments.

Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during our honeymoon the night before we took our cruise. We booked everything last minute once we landed in Miami, which was stressful. The staff there made everything incredibly easy and explained everything. I would like to thank the front desk, night shift manager, and Maria in the breakfast area for outstanding, exceptional service! We head back there tomorrow and look forward to staying there again!

2  Thank Julian G
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Congratulations to the happy couple! We are thrilled to have been part of your honeymoon experience, and that you chose to stay with Hilton Miami Downtown before and after your cruise. Traveling can be stressful and exhausting, and we are so glad to have provided the relaxing stay and exceptional service you deserve. We will be sure to share your kind words with all of our staff, including the ones you mentioned by name. We look forward to greeting you again soon and we thank you for your kind review.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Excellent service from the moment I arrived. The valet was certious and quick. The receptionist was informative. The room was clean and smelled good. Temperature was good although the a/c fan was a bit louder than normal. The view was spectacular. Loved the little office desk. Internet was fast and easy to set up. The meeting room was spacious and easy to find. The lower level elevator was hot tho. Check out was easy and the price was affordable. I will be looking forward to my next stay with the Hilton

• Stayed: June 2014

It sounds like your visit with Hilton Miami Downtown met all your needs and that makes us happy. We are truly honored that you had the best overall experience in a hotel, and will definitely share with all of our associates your glowing compliments. It is so gratifying to hear how well our entire team provided the top notch customer service you describe here. It would be a pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We had a three night stay here before boarding a cruise ship. On checking in, we were given a corner room which had great views of the port area and cruise ships. The room was very pleasant and clean and very quiet which made for a good night's sleep.

The bar area is nice and the restaurant is good for both breakfast and dinner. The hotel offers free use of the computers in the business centre.

There is a bus and monorail station (which is free) close by which can get you to South Beach and Bayside Marketplace.

We enjoyed our stay here and would likely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gjwjmb
TalitaDiasNojaim, Front Office Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2014

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Miami Downtown for your last visit to Miami. We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed one night due to an American Airlines screw up.The staff was extremely friendly and attentive throughout the property and the room was great. Couldn't have been better. Would defintely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Geralynn Z

It was our pleasure to provide great last minute accommodations for you recently at Hilton Miami Downtown. Our staff will be grateful to hear how friendly and helpful they were for you. While the circumstances that brought you to us were not ideal, we’re glad your stay at our hotel was ideal. We look forward to having you again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

The hilton downtown is very well located, within walking distance of the AA Arena, Bayside, and Brickell.
Yes the hotel might not look up to date from the outside, but it is incredible once inside. The lobby and pool area are very nice, the rooms are standard size but very clean and with an incredible view. Flat screen tvs, minibar, very comfortable bedding.
beware of parking, as with any other hotel in downtown, they will charge upwards of 40 dollars a night for valet parking.
All in all, I was very impressed with this hotel and I would without a doubt stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Juan C

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful review of Hilton Miami Downtown, we are so glad to hear of how impressed you were with the accommodations, lobby and pool. Nothing brings us greater satisfaction in knowing our guests’ stay was so positive that they plan on returning in the future. Our parking options and fees are shown on our website, with valet parking $28 per day. Many guests enjoy the convenience of valet service which provides unlimited in and out privileges which can’t be found in public lots. Alternatively some guests choose to self park for $26 per day. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Couldn't have been happier with the accommodations at the hotel. Had a nice large room overlooking the city, quick drive over the bridge to south beach. The service at the pool could have been better but the front desk was more than helpful in making our stay more than satisfactory. Will be back!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jason M

It sounds like your visit with us included many of the things that make staying at the Hilton Miami Downtown so enjoyable. Our dedicated staff work very hard to provide our guests with the most memorable of experiences and it seems we met that goal with you. Thank you for sharing your appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.