“Super Convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Lutz
“Super Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I love Hilton's. Front desk Staff was amazing. Be prepared to be charged for everything though. It still amazes me that Hilton charges for WiFi ($10/day). A Co-worker dropped off a package for me - they charged me $5 for holding it form me. WTHeck Man?
Bellman and Valet were outstanding as well. Great location - easy access to highway, beach, easy to get in from road. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher you go, the better the view!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LutzFruitz
HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thanks for writing about your experience at Hilton Miami Downtown. We’re glad you enjoyed our convenient location, and that our associates’ excellent customer service made a positive impression for you. Free internet access is available in our lobby and other public areas of the hotel. We regret if you were surprised by any of our fees, and invite guests to call us with any questions. We’re so glad you plan on staying with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dallas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

the place is awesome as far as cleanliness and staff is concerned!! everyone was very attentive and professional. This hotel does not offer any sort of continental breakfast, not even for honors members. The breakfast they do offer for you to buy is SO SO expensive. This is the one and only reason i will not ever stay at this hotel again. Call me lazy, but I do not want to leave the hotel in the morning to go get breakfast!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

While we’re glad you appreciated our clean hotel and professional, attentive staff, we’re disappointed you were surprised in any way by our dining services. Free breakfast is available with several hotel packages when booking through our website. Alternatively there are other dining options in the immediate area. We hope you will reconsider and stay with our hotel once more. Thank you.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

A nice hotel, not outstanding in any way. Very large urban hotel so be prepared to pay steeply for lots of other things beyond the room charges. For the price, you can get a better experience elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank McMacHouse
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, however we must truly apologize if you were not impressed at every turn. We regret if you were surprised in any way with any of our fees. Guests can consult our website or call us in advance to inquire about any costs. Our website also features a variety of packages with savings on different amenities. We hope you might return to stay with us again in the future.
Athens, Greece
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

This hotel belongs to the luxury class, so that they wil charge for everything they can possibly think of. It's in nice location, the room is very big and with a nice view etc etc, but some facts when staying there will make me change my selection when I ever go to Miami again.

To sum up:

* In-room WiFi is charged. Of course they have free wifi in the lobby and everyone gets here with their device - and It's a pity to charge something that does not require human attendance and presence. I definitely remove 1 start from any hotel that charges for WiFi.

* Shower is not movable.

* Breakfast is charged and recharged. If you haven't paid for breaktfast, you get nothing. Even if you have paid for breakfast,as was my reservation, it is really bad, unless you "upgrade".

And finally and most importantly, when I set a wakeup alarm they forgot to call me. The alarm in the room did not work either. Fortunately my own cell phone alarm worked, or I would had missed my flight. Low service quality.

And not to mention that, I forgot something in the room and mailed them to ask whether they found it, and I did not receive a response.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MichaelChourdakis
Thank you for sharing your detailed comments. We’re glad you enjoyed your spacious room and the view from your windows, but it seems we missed the mark when it comes to some issues for you and for that we’re truly sorry. Customer service is very important to us, and we regret if you experienced anything other than our very best. We offer a number of packages which feature savings on breakfast and internet access when booking through our website. Please call or email us directly if you would like to inquire about any lost and found items.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Ingrid Belmont at the front office was amazing. Upon arrival my room was set to be a lower level room but that was an input error on my part during the reservation process. Ingrid was kind enough to locate a great room on the top floor with a view of the Port of Miami for me. The view was beautiful and i appreciate the extra mile she went to give me this room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Donna T
We’re happy to have welcomed you to Hilton Miami Downtown and that you enjoyed your top floor room so much. All of our associates are dedicated to quality customer service, and we will be sure to share your wonderful comments with the associate you mentioned by name. We hope to see you again soon.
Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

I love this hotel the staff the service the overall treatment it's like your royalty! I did not want to leave Miami after staying here they make you feel so at home and beyond. I felt sad after checking out because I know I will never get this kind of service from another hotel again. I really love it there it was the best treatment and service ever.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

HiltonMiamiDowntown, General Manager at Hilton Miami Downtown, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We’re thrilled and grateful that we were able to provide the kind of royal experience you describe. Your satisfaction is all we hope for, but we do thank you for your amazing review. Our associates will be truly glad to know their service meant so much to you. We hope to see you again soon at Hilton Miami Downtown.
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

My husband and I stay few days a Hilton downtown. Location is very conveniente and room are perfect for business and leisure. we enjoyed a lot our holiday. Price is really convenient during low season.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Your glowing review of Hilton Miami Downtown is greatly appreciated. Sounds like your stay with us suited you perfectly, and for that we’re truly glad. All of us are happy to know our location and customer service made your Miami visit so memorable. We invite you and your husband to return soon.