“Terrible”

Ranked #2,589 of 4,168 Restaurants in Miami
Price range: US$25 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: S.E. 4th Ave
Transit: Bayfront stop off of metro mover.
Description: About Chophouse 305: Jacques Van Staden, Chef & Culinary partner brings a contemporary and globally infused menu with selections from all around the world. Our mission is to provide you with the highest quality ingredients cooked to perfection and provide you with the service and attention to detail you deserve. Chophouse is conveniently located in the heart of downtown Miami, with great water views from our terrace, just perfect for any corporate or private event.
New York City, New York
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

We were in Miami with family and the JW Marriott recommend that we eat here. We had a table for 10 and were sat at 5:30 on a Sunday.

There was only ONE other table in the entire restaurant and the service took FOREVER! We laughed at how bad the service was - they gave half the table menus, some of us got water some didn't, I ended up walking up to the bar to order us drinks after a while, we asked a waitress for a wine list and got a look like I was crazy. The food was okay at best, steak was cold. I have no idea what these folks are talking about when they gave this place a positive review. I told the JW Marriott to never recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited March 2013

Sarasota, Florida
“Great staff, drinks, atmosphere, and food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

After disappointment at Zuma, we tried to the Chophouse. The staff was so friendly. We enjoyed sushi and surf & turf. The drinks were great and were not watered down. You never felt rushed to leave. I loved sitting where you could watch what was going on in the city by you. Totally recommend going here.

Visited March 2013
Miami, Florida
“Good Food and Great Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I had placed my reservation over the phone with a young lady with a great helpful voice. It was my first time going to the place so I ended up getting lost and had to call her back. She provided me directions when I was in the area. It wasn't the place I expected to be, however, when I walked in the atmosphere was great! The hostess was a young lady that helped guide me there. She walked us over to the dining area and allowed us to pick our seats. We selected the booth with the view facing an amazing bar! Our waiter had an European accent but he was extremely nice. He guided us though the menu and displayed to us the different cuts of meat. We had the entire three course meal. The appetizer was a bone marrow that you would use a tiny fork to pull out all the goodness from. The main course was a steak with mash potato and a side of broccoli. The broccoli is the best I have EVER had. It was full of flavor. The desert was ice cream with fruits. I will love to visit this place again and order the same thing! It would be a night I will remember.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Soup & Sandwich Bento Box Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I had a pastrami sandwich which came with fries. My boyfriend had a combo. Pita bread wasn't fresh and the soup was a little salty. But overall a heavy lunch. I doggy bagged my sandwich. Couldn't try the sushi which was a shame. Wanted to have some at the time.

Visited January 2013
“Good food, good service, good time.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2013 via mobile

We did not have reservations and were able to be seated right away on the patio as it was a beautiful night. Had a variety of dishes and everyone enjoyed their meal. I had salmon avocado roll and the wedge salad and both were very good. Husband had the churricho steak with ethnic sides and the meat was so tender and juicy. Daughter had salmon and again, it was very good. This was my first visit to the Chop House and would not hesitate to go again.