“WOW! THAT’S WHAT I CALL AN AMAZING CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #12 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Orlando, Florida
“WOW! THAT’S WHAT I CALL AN AMAZING CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

I’m passionate about a great customer experience. I’ve built my career in the Hospitality industry, traveled throughout the world “bench- marking” world class customer experiences, and spend much of my time helping my clients create even better experiences for their customers.
When an unexpected experience comes along that really knocks my socks off, as one did this past weekend at the Epic Hotel Miami (a Kimpton Hotel), I feel I really must share this example of excellence.

The trip down to Miami started with long flight delays due to severe thunderstorms, and, following the cancellation of the flight, ended with an impromptu car rental and four hour drive. Upon arrival at the Epic, we were tired, frustrated, and ready to pack it in. However, there was just enough time to dash up to the room, change, and dash back out to our appointment. Thank goodness check in was fast and friendly, and the room was even better than expected.

I arrived 30 mins. too late for the breakfast seating the next morning, and lunch seating wouldn’t begin for another 30 minutes. Ah well, to the pool bar I went, hoping to round up something tasty. At this point I was starving and happy to munch on an orange wedge. We were greeted by Cesso, the attendant, who told us that breakfast had ended but that he would be happy to see if the Chef wouldn’t mind preparing us a few eggs.

Within minutes, Cesso had taken an ordinary poolside table and created one of the best breakfast experiences I’ve ever had . . . complete with omelets, pastries, amazing coffee, linens, and fresh fruits. Ok, that was pretty cool. He then lingered to tell us a little about the area and make sure we were satisfied with our meal.

After breakfast, the weather had turned sunny and I decided to work by the pool. Cesso again appeared, selected the perfect spot, set up my chair cover, headrest, and umbrella, and brought over some fresh water. Within minutes of getting settled in, the weather turned stormy and Cesso was there in an instant. He quickly offered the complimentary use of one of the beautiful poolside cabanas, where I could continue to work during the rain. Once the storm passed, he set up new chairs by the pool and, not wanting to leave his great care, we ordered lunch in the afternoon.

Here I was, in Biscayne Bay Miami, with hundreds of great restaurants within easy access, and I would up having lunch by the pool three days in a row. I know, it sounds excruciating. My point is that the atmosphere was beautiful, the food was excellent, and the service was amazing. The entire experience was so positive, I had no need to go in search of anything else (at least until dinner!)

Over the course of my four night stay, I continuously encountered Kimpton staff members who went out of their way to treat me as if I were a welcome friend. The guest reception employees were warm and friendly, the valet and hotel front door attendants never failed to “welcome me back” or wish me a pleasant day, and I just can’t say enough about Cesso. Happily buzzing around the pool area (and working his tail off), attending to each guest as if they were his only concern, he may have just set a new standard in guest experience. He may also be one of the Kimpton’s greatest assets.

I have always enjoyed staying at a Kimpton hotel, but this stay certainly sealed the deal. I highly recommend taking a trip down to check it out.

Room Tip: I'd call and talk to the reservation staff
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaB-ActualizeGroup
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 11 April 2011
LisaB
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great experience with us. We are thrilled to hear that our staff, especially Cesso, took good care of you. We are happy to hear you felt pampered and spoiled while being our guest.
Please return soon.
Kind regards,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (781)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Winter Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2011

The Epic is one of the nicest, warmest, fun and hip hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff is warm but professional, helpful, knowledgable and friendly. It is such a pleasure to stay at a hotel that makes you feel like you add to them by just being there. We have been going there since the Epic opened and the staff always remembers us. Now I try to plan all of my hotel stays at Kimpton Properties but especially the Epic in Miami. The only tip you need is if you need anything, just ask and it will be taken care of. I highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.
Sharon
Winter park FL

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sharonwhite333
Sharonwhite333:
WOW! What a greed feedback -thank you so much! We are excited to hear that you ‘Fell In Love With Us”. We are looking forward to welcoming you back – at the EPIC or at any other Kimpton Hotel.
Best wishes,
Jacqueline Ploettner, Resort Manager
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2011

This was one of the best hotel experience that I have had. The property is gorgeous. The amenities are quite satisfying. The in-hotel dining at Area 31 is very good. The staff goes out of there way to make one feel welcome and cared for. I have no reservations in reccomending this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Fribourg, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2011

Passed 4 nights in the EPIC hotel, together with a large group of colleagues. I was impressed by the overall quality of the hotel and the service (in most cases). Compliments to the chief not only on the 16th floor, but also for the buffets: reaching this level of quality for more than 100 guests is not an easy task!

Only flaw: the quality of the housekeeping. Cleaning was "so so", and often all but on time (one day, they cleaned my room after 17.00, despite the signal "please clean room" switched on at 8.00.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
CarosassoneCH
Thank you for taking the time and posting your experience with us. I am disappointed to hear that your room was not serviced timely – please accept my apologies. However, I am happy to see that our Executive Chef was able to impress you with the quality and presentation of the food in our restaurant and during your meetings.
I hope that you and your colleagues will be our guests in the near future again.
Kind regards,
Szczecin, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

My wife and I travel a lot and often are the expectations regarding hotels not forfilled.
Epic hotel however far exceeded all our expectations. A fantastic staff make you feel welcome from arrival to departure.
Service as this hotel provides is in a class of its own and is always present without being intrusive.
We stayed at the club level, one bedroom suite with fantastic views of the Miami bay.
Club level is more expensive option but is without doubt a good option if one is looking for something special.
We were in addition so fortunate to have Lucia and Mark who took care of us in a wonderful way and gave the golden touch to our stay!
Convinced? ...we will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paul71220
Paul71220
Thank you for such a great review. I am thrilled to see that we were able to exceed your expectations and that our staff took good care of you. I am looking forward to your return.
EPIC wishes,
Somerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Epic in late January. He had a business conference in the area, and I just went along for some time away. He booked the room through Orbitz, and we didn't know until we checked in that we had a room on the "Club Level." This was such a surprising luxury! We loved the service in the Club Room; Lucia was wonderful, so cheerful and polite every morning, and great to chat with. I often stopped in for a snack or a drink while he was away at the conference, and I went about the business of my day. The Exhale Spa was great too; I got an amazing pedicure there (1/2 off with the voucher we received at check-in!) We even made it into Zuma one night even though there was a 2 month waiting list--we ate at the sushi bar, which was wonderful--one of the best meals (and sushi experience) we've ever had. Everything was very clean; the pool area was wonderful too, where I lounged and read during the day, and where they hosted wine hour in the evening. SO relaxing and luxurious! We were spoiled rotten, and I didn't want to come back to cold, snowy Boston. We easily walked to shopping during the day, and restaurants nearby at night, and saw a great live band at the Blue Martini. Great hotel, we always use Kimptons when we travel, and this one was top notch.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Renadog
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 28 March 2011
Renadog,
Thank you for sharing the great experience you had at the EPIC. I am happy to see that you had a wonderful time and that you enjoyed Zuma, Exhale Spa and our Club Level amenities.
I loved to hear that Lucia took good care of you and provided a memorable service.
Please return soon.
Kind Regards,
Operations Manager
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2011

Wow. This place is AMAZING! Beautiful rooms! But the best part - CLUB LEVEL. Every single person from the concierge (MANY OF THEM) to the cleaning staff were absolutely amazing. The attention to details are amazing. And every single person there makes you feel like a thousand bucks.

If you are in Miami, you MUST stay at Epic!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
Candy311,
Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments. It’s great that we were able to make you feel special and that you had an AMAZING stay with us.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Best wishes,