Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$245
Hilton.com
US$519
US$185
US$148
US$210
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Miami Airport Marriott(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$207
US$146
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$120
US$336
US$288
Travelocity
3,495 results
All reviewswine hourzuma restaurantclub levelexhale spadowntown miamisouth beachwater viewrain showerpool areapool staffroom servicelarge balconycity viewbeautiful hoteljunior suitewhole foodsvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel is very modern. The staff is very professional and your every need is met. I left my phone charger at home and a charger was brought up to me by concierge. I have to say that is a first. However, there is a 30.00 dollar deposit charged to your room.

The roof top bar and restaurant has great views of downtown and the bay. At night the restaurant turns into a cool hip club like atmosphere. The food was excellent.

They gym had all the equipment you would need there are also class options.

Its close to shops and if you have time in walking distance to watch the HEAT play.

Room Tip: Ask for views of the bay. Beautiful in the morning!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick4734
Reviewed 17 November 2013

To say this hotel is the "Epic" is an understatement. Fantastic service, food and accommodation.

From checking in, the hotel's staff could not do enough for us, even helping us plan our leisure day in Miami.

When we were staying, there was a Sony records party and we were more than welcome to get a drink in the bars the party's guests were using.

The hotel was so good we didn't go out at night, but enjoyed a few drinks from the minibar and ordered room service both nights. The food delivered was of the highest quality.

The hotel just oozed class and coolness. Be good to yourselves and go!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed in room 2431 for three nights. Two double beds. Nice sized room with good light. Check-in was easy and v. friendly. Room has a small, private balcony (no view).
Good sleep quality and I didn't hear any doors slamming in the night or neighbor noise. With balcony door open it was too noisy - cars honking nonstop. (Why are you all honking? The traffic is not moving. Just shush.)

I had room service four times (so so and not a lot of options 24/7) and went to pool bar for a cocktail. It was super windy while I was there, so just took in the view and departed. It would be an awesome spot in good weather.

I'm a fan of Kimptons, very good value for the money. My stay was overall v. good with a few minor points that would have made it perfect.

The Good:
Almost every staff member I encountered was super friendly and helpful.

Hotel was fairly quiet for how loud the area is.

Good bedding and sleep quality. No nasty comforter - it's duvet and blanket.

Lots and lots of outlets. Didn't have to move furniture to find extra electric.

Free wine in lobby 5-6p.

Good wifi.

I was given type of room I requested - high floor, end room, away from elevators

The Not Awesome:
No coffee maker in the room. Ugh. I'm not fit for human observation before coffee so will never go downstairs for caffeine.

Stupid mini bar with key. Mini bars s/b extinct. At Andaz properties snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are free. It s/b like that in every hotel at this price point.

Key required in elevator to get to room. I appreciate the security precaution but it was a pain. The key took several tries to work and it was difficult to manage with hands full and lots of people in elevator. You have to be quick or you miss your floor.

Housekeeping was erratic. When I arrived there were hairs and dental floss on bathroom floor. Items weren't reliably replenished (I got one soap, total, for shower and sink the whole time).

The mini bar key was missing one day.

Newspaper delivery. On my first morning, NY Times outside the door - awesome. Second day, USA Today (yuck). Third day, nothing. I did manage to get Times each day.

All in all a solid stay and super nice staff. Would recommend if the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We missed our connecting flight home from St Barths after standing in line in the US Customs hall for 2 1/2 hours. Grumpy, hungry and tired, we found EPIC on Hotel Tonight and since I am a Kimpton InTouch member I quickly jumped on the available room.

What a wonderful surprise! The hotel is gorgeous. But the best part of our stay was the stellar, friendly, hospitable and kind service provided by Alejandro, Emily and Mercedes at the front Desk! Wow. They could not have been nicer or more helpful, not to mention superbly professional. From a room upgrade, to an amazing restaurant recommendation (Il Gabbiano), to spa credits, we were delighted with our "last minute" experience.

I had an excellent pedicure at the lovely spa and we spent a little time at the beautiful pool, but the weather was threatening so we headed inside for a nice lunch.

The only reason I am giving the property 4 instead of 5 stars is because the pillows were hard, the A/C didn't work properly and there were always dirty dishes in the hallways.

All in all, a wonderful experience. If I'm in Miami again, this will be my downtown stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank GayleR2
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Epic this past Saturday night. The hotel is beautiful and the rooms are tastefully decorated, however the hotel service was surprisingly subpar for a Kimpton. After a long day of travel we decided to relax and have dinner in our room. We ordered room service around 9 pm (pot roast with gnocchi, mahi sandwich with French fries and a salad). After waiting an hour and no food we called room service and were told it was on its way. We waited another 30 minutes and called again. My boyfriend asked to speak to a manager and was told that a manager would call us back. The manager NEVER called us back.
Approx 30 minutes later our food arrived. We waited 2 hours for our food and when it arrived the server forgot to bring mayo for the sandwich, ketchup for the fries and dressing for the salad. He said he'd be right back with them. It took another 30 minutes. What should have been a really good meal was gross. The pot roast was dry and the gnocchi mushy. The mahi was so dry we joked it was mahi jerky. Cold french fries, etc. etc. So we called down to the front desk and told them the situation and they removed the charge from our bill and the desk clerk sent up 2 coupons for a continental breakfast (coffee and muffin) for the following morning in the restaurant. Sounds awesome but in reality wasn't worth anything. The dinner was inedible.

One more thing... the hotel needs to do something about the shower drain. It doesn't. It was disgusting standing in 4 inches of dirty water while showering.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jogoeslive
JacquelinePloettner, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Jogoeslive
Thanks for taking the time and sharing your feedback from your recent stay. We are truly sorry about the sub-par In Room Dining experience. We completely understand your disappointment and frustration. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you experienced.
We hope this incident will not keep you from returning to our hotel in the future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
EPIC wishes,