Kimpton EPIC Hotel
US$189
US$166
  • Restaurant
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$245
Hilton.com
US$632
  • Restaurant
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$207
US$146
Good 3.5/5
  • Bar/Lounge
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$171
HotelQuickly
Good 3.5/5
3,495 results
All reviewswine hourzuma restaurantclub levelexhale spadowntown miamisouth beachwater viewrain showerpool areapool staffroom servicelarge balconycity viewbeautiful hoteljunior suitewhole foodsvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very good hotel. Not very close to the beach, but very well located. Rooms very clean with nice views. Excellent breakfast and a great restaurant right down at the Lobby: Zuma. The wine tasting hour is very convenient of course.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This hotel is very modern. The staff is very professional and your every need is met. I left my phone charger at home and a charger was brought up to me by concierge. I have to say that is a first. However, there is a 30.00 dollar deposit charged to your room.

The roof top bar and restaurant has great views of downtown and the bay. At night the restaurant turns into a cool hip club like atmosphere. The food was excellent.

They gym had all the equipment you would need there are also class options.

Its close to shops and if you have time in walking distance to watch the HEAT play.

Room Tip: Ask for views of the bay. Beautiful in the morning!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nick4734
Reviewed 17 November 2013

To say this hotel is the "Epic" is an understatement. Fantastic service, food and accommodation.

From checking in, the hotel's staff could not do enough for us, even helping us plan our leisure day in Miami.

When we were staying, there was a Sony records party and we were more than welcome to get a drink in the bars the party's guests were using.

The hotel was so good we didn't go out at night, but enjoyed a few drinks from the minibar and ordered room service both nights. The food delivered was of the highest quality.

The hotel just oozed class and coolness. Be good to yourselves and go!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Stayed in room 2431 for three nights. Two double beds. Nice sized room with good light. Check-in was easy and v. friendly. Room has a small, private balcony (no view).
Good sleep quality and I didn't hear any doors slamming in the night or neighbor noise. With balcony door open it was too noisy - cars honking nonstop. (Why are you all honking? The traffic is not moving. Just shush.)

I had room service four times (so so and not a lot of options 24/7) and went to pool bar for a cocktail. It was super windy while I was there, so just took in the view and departed. It would be an awesome spot in good weather.

I'm a fan of Kimptons, very good value for the money. My stay was overall v. good with a few minor points that would have made it perfect.

The Good:
Almost every staff member I encountered was super friendly and helpful.

Hotel was fairly quiet for how loud the area is.

Good bedding and sleep quality. No nasty comforter - it's duvet and blanket.

Lots and lots of outlets. Didn't have to move furniture to find extra electric.

Free wine in lobby 5-6p.

Good wifi.

I was given type of room I requested - high floor, end room, away from elevators

The Not Awesome:
No coffee maker in the room. Ugh. I'm not fit for human observation before coffee so will never go downstairs for caffeine.

Stupid mini bar with key. Mini bars s/b extinct. At Andaz properties snacks and non-alcoholic beverages are free. It s/b like that in every hotel at this price point.

Key required in elevator to get to room. I appreciate the security precaution but it was a pain. The key took several tries to work and it was difficult to manage with hands full and lots of people in elevator. You have to be quick or you miss your floor.

Housekeeping was erratic. When I arrived there were hairs and dental floss on bathroom floor. Items weren't reliably replenished (I got one soap, total, for shower and sink the whole time).

The mini bar key was missing one day.

Newspaper delivery. On my first morning, NY Times outside the door - awesome. Second day, USA Today (yuck). Third day, nothing. I did manage to get Times each day.

All in all a solid stay and super nice staff. Would recommend if the price is right.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We missed our connecting flight home from St Barths after standing in line in the US Customs hall for 2 1/2 hours. Grumpy, hungry and tired, we found EPIC on Hotel Tonight and since I am a Kimpton InTouch member I quickly jumped on the available room.

What a wonderful surprise! The hotel is gorgeous. But the best part of our stay was the stellar, friendly, hospitable and kind service provided by Alejandro, Emily and Mercedes at the front Desk! Wow. They could not have been nicer or more helpful, not to mention superbly professional. From a room upgrade, to an amazing restaurant recommendation (Il Gabbiano), to spa credits, we were delighted with our "last minute" experience.

I had an excellent pedicure at the lovely spa and we spent a little time at the beautiful pool, but the weather was threatening so we headed inside for a nice lunch.

The only reason I am giving the property 4 instead of 5 stars is because the pillows were hard, the A/C didn't work properly and there were always dirty dishes in the hallways.

All in all, a wonderful experience. If I'm in Miami again, this will be my downtown stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends