“Great Anniversary!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Bogota, Colombia
“Great Anniversary!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Everyone at EPIC made our first anniversary celebration a memorable one, from the moment we made the reservation, they were attentive to all o four wishes, they not only met them but in many cases exceeded them. The suite was awesome with a very comfortable bed and a great view.

The pool is awesome, nice design, great pool bed and the view is great, too.But the best part were the people taking care of us. They were superb, specially Carlos who was on top of everything from the little details like pouring us ice water constantly, to checking on us regularly to see what we wanted, whether it was food, drinks or comfort and in the one occasion that we didn't like something he went out of his way to make it right.

My wife and I had a great time and will definitely return when we need a hotel in Miami

Room Tip: Choose a bay view and If you can go for the suites.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have stayed there over New Year's Eve and the experience was truly epic. Amazing view, great location, very much a designer interior starting from the lobby to the room (really great bathrooms!), very nice pool area and most importantly awesome service! There is nothing to point out that could be wrong, maybe that it is on the expensive side!

Room Tip: We have had a bay view and it was really great!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on business with a small window of personal time. The property is beautiful, clean and sophisticated. The hotel restaurants were wonderful and my Kimpton InTouch membership provided a few nice perks. Exhale spa is onsite and great (tried a class and massage while I was there). The only thing missing was a consistency in service, for every waiter/bartender/room service/front desk staff that smiled and problem solved, I experience one that was unfriendly or unhelpful. Fix that and I would give you a 5 and stay every time I am in town!

Room Tip: Some rooms have an ocean view
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a quick overnight in Miami. Really nice hotel, well maintained. Since I am a Kimpton InTouch member they upgraded my room and gave me the standard $10 minibar credit. Since it was after 11pm on a Sunday I ordered room service which was very quick, good, and reasonably priced (for a hotel). Staff was very helpful, and my check in and check out were a breeze. Parking is expensive ($37) like every hotel in Miami, so I don't hold this against them. Internet was free.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Felix B, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Jonathan F
Thanks for having taken the time to review us on tripadvisor. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us and you were given the perks which come with your Kimpton in touch membership.
Please come back soon, our great staff is looking forward to welcoming you back.
EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This hotel, located in downtowm Miami is really nice . Staff that gives you attention, nice room, shower, bed. The breakfast is not so good. If you want an strawberry yogourt, they do not have. They could try to improve the breakfast. Besides this is ok.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank alfredo5656
alfredo5656
Thanks for your review on tripadvisor. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our location in the upcoming downtown area. I am especially thrilled to learn that our staff was attentive and you really liked your room.
In regards to your breakfast experience, I will personally ensure that we will have strawberry yoghurt available for you upon your next visit with us.
Please come back soon / EPIC wishes
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Booking com reservation: Upon arrival t 4 pm with two children room was not ready, we had to wait for 90 minutes, were offered service credit for compensation. Service credit was not on the bill at departure. room was a smoking (cigars) room, regardless of written family reservation. Dead goldfish in the room. No proper restaurant in the hotel, just a nice japanese one, which is booked out all the time. Valet parking very time consuming in the evening.

Room Tip: water view suite
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
koenigstiger
Thanks for your review. I am very sorry to learn you experienced a couple of challenges throughout your stay. We strive to create personable, memorable experiences and have failed on service basics such as providing you with your room on time.
If you will be willing to give us another chance, please feel free to contact me directly so I can personally ensure you will experience an EPIC time throughout your entire stay, just the way we are known for.
EPIC wishes/ Felix Brandt
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I love Miami, and go there frequently for business and pleasure, and I was born there, so know my way around. However, if 10 yrs ago you would have told me my favorite place to hang out was downtown, I would have laughed so hard, would have fallen out of my chair. Not so anymore. Forget the beach, its very tourtisty and a shadow of its 90's self. Likewise forget the Grove which is basically a ghost town. The new areas, downtown, Midtown/design district, South Miami, even Coral Gables is in a renaisance.

Anyway, EPIC is a Klimpton, which are fun hotels, I think they have 9 in SF. This one, though, is by far the most snazzy. Maserratis and Bentlys and $6M dollar yachts in the front. I like the riverview rooms and always get updgraded to a higher floor. The rooms are beautiful, perfect. The views of the river, bay, and Brickell and amazing. The service (for such a big hotel) seems very kind and personable and not overly hip like the W's try to be either. The room service is always great. AND you really dont have to leave the hotel, they redid Area 31 on the 16 th floor with a huge patio and pool and restaurant and its fantastic, Zuma, which is world famous is in the lobby. Serioulsy this is the IT place. Oh, and yeah, the SPA is great too. My favorite place in Maimi.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank neurovictory
neurovictory
Thanks for your awesome review on trip advisor. I am super happy your entire experience was truly EPIC. On a personal note, I totally agree with you about the Miami downtown area. 10 years ago, not really the place you wanted to be. What a change, now it has become super trendy and upcoming.
We can't wait to have you back / EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt