“Great time”

GreenLeadersGold level
Miami, Florida
“Great time”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Great location in downtown/Brickell area, room very nice, great view, and the service excellent, only concern is about the room service price and valet parking, small sparkling water 18$$$$??? Really? Crazy and waiting 30 min for you car at the valet P? Ridiculous .... Overal I will stay again in this hotel :)

Room Tip: Floor 25 have a great view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
cornwall
Reviewed 17 April 2014

my wife and I stayed a the Epic for 3 nights this April as part of an extended cruise holiday. Prior to arriving I had emailed the hotel with a few questions about our stay and they replied with all the answers which was more than helpful. on arrival we found our rooms were not ready as we were early from our cruise holiday. The Epic were very helpful again keeping our luggage safe while we were able to go straight our and around Miami starting our stay without losing any time waiting with our luggage until our rooms became available. The rooms were fantastic. very clean and the views were amazing. The hotels pool area was beautiful and all the staff from the bar to the doormen and reception were always helpful and happy. We would return to this hotel in a heart beat with out a thought. thank you Epic for making our stay a great experience. we would recommend to anyone looking for a high quality hotel with great staff.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed here with my 6 year old son in March, so I'm a little late in my review. Oh where to begin:

First, when I booked Epic on-line, I was going through a really rough time in my life (REALLY rough time) and I booked the wrong dates. I had no idea. My son and I arrived, around 8:30AM, and I figured they would hold our bags and we could lay out be the pool. They couldn't find my reservation. I pulled out the reservation I printed and handed it to them. They then informed me that I had booked the wrong month. My heart dropped, as this was currently the week of Spring Break. This amazing gentleman looked back at me, without saying a word, and changed it for me at no additional cost. THEN, he found an available room on a high floor, and gave me the key card. Wow.

Next, I had emailed the pool manager about renting a cabana during our stay. Obviously I was sure I gave him the wrong dates too, so when we arrived at the pool, I just asked what the rate was. It was pretty high, so I decided perhaps one day we would rent one. He then returned, told me he looked up my email and said he would honor the rate he quoted me for both days. Again, I was floored.

There are many other examples of how the hotel staff went above and beyond what I expected, or even deserved, but these two are my favorites. They were always extremely kind to me and my little guy, as this hotel probably doesn't see a lot of kids hanging out.

The room was amazing. Excellent views. Everything was perfect. Room service excellent. Restaurant and bar service and food was top notch. Location of hotel was great, as we could walk everywhere.

I will NEVER stay anywhere else while in Miami. Epic is absolutely perfect in every way, without being pretentious.

Room Tip: High floor with a bay view.
Green Features: Above any other, which is a huge part of Kimpton Hotels.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank stellagirl
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed here on my last business trip to Miami. The Epic was within walking distance to the office which made it great. My room was beautiful-- it was very roomy, the bathroom was also very large. My baclony had the greatest water view of the canal and beyond!!
The pool deck was so inviting and it was great to have a drink out on the patio and just enjoy.
I would definitely stay here again, I would even suggest for a pre-cruise or post-cruise out of the port of Miami- as it is close to the port of Miami as well.

Room Tip: Goo for the higher floors-- with a water view-- you will not be disappointed!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Terri M
Thanks a lot for your splendid tripadvisor review! I am really delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your spacious room and bathroom, the waterview and most of all our great pooldeck and the location. I love the fact that you consider us as a great pre cruise hotel. We really are!
Please come back soon.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I recently stayed at the Epic hotel for business while in Miami and had an amazing stay. I always love to stay in Brickell as there are so many places walking distance, which is a plus in Miami, and the Epic is very well located. I felt very welcome by the team and i absolutely love my room and view. Internet was fast, which is good for business, room service was fast and great selection. I can't wait to go back to the hotel.

Room Tip: I personally love upper level
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank thibaut a
thibaut a
Thanks so much for having taken the time to give us a great review on tripadvisor. I love the fact that you not only enjoyed the super fast internet connection and our great In Room Dining selection but also the location of the hotel. Downtown is truly upcoming and fancy Brickell including Brickell village are all within walking distance from the hotel.
Please come back soon, trust me, there will be even more areas to discover by foot!
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Just stayed for two nights for business and was astounded by the mostly poor service. Room was never cleaned during my stay. In the middle of my shower turns all products in the bathroom were conditioner. I called for shampoo and over 30 minutes later they show up making me late. I then call for my car and they can't find it. They ask if I would like to speak to a manager who then never calls back. Not sure if it's the people in Miami or just lameness.

Room and spa were nice. I too was annoyed trying to nap and having loud music boom from below. I was on floor 25 and I requested a quiet room.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eric B
Eric B
Thank you very much for having taken the time for your trip advisor review. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your room and the spa. So sorry about the experience you had with housekeeping, we are actually using your feedback now as a training tool for our HSKP staff thanks to your valuable critique.
Please contact me directly prior to your next stay with us and I will be happy to personally ensure you will have a true EPIC experience throughout your entire stay with us.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We chose this hotel for a fantastic view, contemporary, comfortable room and great service. We got it all - in spades!
The room was beautiful and showed NO wear, and is so well thought out. Plug in for my charger on my night table? Yes please!
The view of the waterfront was just what we expected. We overlooked the canal and waterfront, including yacht docked out front with a helipad! Patio had two chairs and table - comfortable.
I am a Kimpton fan (and InTouch member - don't stay here without becoming a member), and the service is always what impresses me the most. BF wasn't feeling well, and bellman ran to drug store and bought meds for us! Just a phone call away - so impressive - and SUCH great service!
I also love the wine reception each evening - a Kimpton trademark.
The EPIC did not disappoint - it totally impressed and set the bar for excellent accommodation and service. Thanks for a fantastic first night in Miami Kimpton!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
jabulani26
Thanks so much for your awesome review and most of all for being a loyal Kimpton and EPIC fan. I was super thrilled reading your review and learning how much you enjoyed every singly aspect of your stay from the location to the room and the view up to the service provided by our great team.
Please come back soon, we can't wait to have you back.