“Great first time in Miami!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #12 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Great first time in Miami!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I had travelled from London via Miami to the Caribbean for a corporate event. On my way back to London I thought I'd visit Miami for a few days.

I really am glad I did. When looking for a hotel, I was initially put off by the name EPIC (bit cringe I thought) however based on other reviews and the Kimpton name I thought I'd give it a chance. No regrets at all.

I left the Caribbean at 5 am on the morning I was due in Miami. The hotel very kindly allowed me to check in early (at 12 noon) instead of the usual time. It was a seemless process and the staff really couldn't have been more helpful.

I was on the 30th floor - talen straight to my room and left to relax.

The hotel generally is really very nice with some great facilities. I enjoyed the pool bars, restaurants and superb food. Of particular note is the consierge service. These guys are great. I would like to mention Gene specifically. He is an asset to the hotel. When in the club lounge, he made me feel comfortable and very welcome. Engaging conversationalist and extremely happy to help. What more could you ask for?

My only issue, which is unfortunate, is that when I checked in, it was not explained that I was a club status guest. In truth I did not notice when I booked however I feel it should have been stressed and I should have been given guidance around the entitlement. It was a full day before I realised I was entitled to access to the lounge and all of its amenities. So, after overspending on breakfast, lunch and drinks - I should have been able to avail of this in the club lounge as part of the package I paid for. Not a huge thing but it shouldn't have happened.

Nonetheless - I will be back. If anything to catch up with Gene!

Room Tip: Go for club level - makes all the difference.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ross O
Felix B, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Ross O
Thanks a lot for your excellent review. I was excited to learn that you had a great experience at our Club Lounge, Gene, one of our our dedicated concierge team members genuinly cares and is very knowledgable about all aspects of the city. Please rest assured that it was my pleasure to personally pass on your praise to him.
We can't wait to have you back. EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (778)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

I recently stayed at the EPIC hotel with my husband and the experience was truly EPIC in every way!

On arriving at the hotel, the line up of flashy cars reflects the Miami lifestyle and you feel you're in a Miami movie with the celebrity lifestyle. The vibe was amazing.

Check-in was pretty smooth. I recommend getting the Kimpton membership which is free as you benefit from free wi-fi and also a token amount to raid the mini bar and of course access to the vip lounge :) loved it!

The room was absolutely amazing. My husband and I stayed in room no. 2610. The river view was breathtaking and not to mention you can see the pool too. There was a party at the pool when we arrived and it didn't disturb us one bit as the music was turned off once it was time to sleep.

The room amenities I have to commend on as it has everything you want, and if it's not there they will go out of their way to get it for you. The lotion provided in the room is from their spa, hence has that aromatherapy feel which just relaxes you.

I am so glad we picked this hotel as the location is fantastic, a lot classier, modern and simply great views. Not to mention, its very central to all the attractions so a great pick.

The staff were extremely friendly, great customer service.

We will definitely be returning again!

Room Tip: Room No. 2610 had great views of the River and Pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Felix B, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Sito87
Thanks you so much for your EPIC review. I love to hear that we truly deserve our name in terms of service, style and location. "Extremly friendly staff and breathtaking views", it does not get any more complimentary!
We can't wait to have you back, EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

This is a beautiful hotel from an aesthetic standpoint. It's modern, well appointed, and provides the expected level of service for Klimpton property.

That being said, though, I found the place to be kind of bland. It just didn't feel welcoming or guest centric, but rather like it was busy showing itself off and expecting you to be impressed. I don't know if that makes sense or not, but all things considered I just wasn't comfortable here. Perhaps I'm not hip enough.

The fitness center is outstanding, though, one of the better ones I've found in a hotel, and that's a big plus. The restaurant was overpriced and the menu rather limited. All in all it was a pleasant but uninspiring stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank William S
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

If you are looking for a great place to stay with outstanding service, this hotel is the place. My hotel experience starting with the smooth and fast check in by Mercedes and ended with the outstanding audio visual service provided by Jenssy Parra. I had an amazing view from my room and I also went on a 4 mile run around Biscayne Bay. I highly recommend Epic Hotel if you're ever in Miami, FL.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank juanowens
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed here for a weekend, and the hotel itself is in a good location if you want access to the port area, where you can take tour buses from. It is also quite a pretty location on the river here, and in the evening from Area 31 if you eat dinner there you have great views. The food in Area 31 was good, but small in portion and very expensive. The rooms are good, but we had one which did not have a great view, just of the hotel opposite, which was disappointing. The issue has already been mentioned previously about the parking here, and the queues to get in the front of the hotel, my taxi just dropped me on the road as they couldn't get anywhere near the front entrance!

Room Tip: Ask for one with a view not just of a nearby hotel
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellie T
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had our room through world mate, got pretty good deal. Hotel is fantastic,even though the location is in the middle of downtown, where nothing really happens. Our room was everything you can ask for - sea view with balcony, comfortable bed and enough space to work/relax. Didn't have chance to try the pool, but had manicure at the spa and breakfast (got free continental breakfast vouchers from the front desk) in one of the restaurants in 16th (?) floor.

The Area itself is little bit dull, but comparing to South Beach it's actually really nice and quiet.If you're looking for a party scene, this is not the place.... however if you're looking for a nice hotel with great amenities... this is your place. Bonus during our stay was free wine tasting at the lobby!

Room Tip: Room with sea view is really nice!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Madison, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

The good:
The hotel is modern, clean, elegant and in a great location. The staff are nice and service is quick and attentive (for the most part-there are a few staff members who think their job is to just stand around and be pretty).

The bad:
The incredibly snarled and unorganized hotel entrance and parking situation. There is not organized effort by the valet staff to direct traffic in, get people unloaded, and get the cars parked quickly. It's all disorganized and for such as small area, this leads to things like waiting 20 minutes to pull in to the hotel, taxis that can't get into the hotel drive, other drivers fighting with each other to get into the drive, etc. Valet staff needs to get organized and step it up because being able to get into the hotel and also leave were laborious operations.

Also, the restaurant, Area 31, is very loud and service is slow. I suspect this is from the loud and obnoxious hotel guests (eurotrash and dudebros must love this place). Unacceptable for the prices being paid.

Public spaces at the hotel were elegant but were ruined by the behavior of the loud, obnoxious hotel guests who don't seem to know how to behave in public. I know this isn't the hotel's fault but if it's tolerated, it becomes the norm and it certainly is the norm here.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a water view room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends