“Return stay at the Epic”
Review of Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #19 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I trael on average 150 days per year for work. No place that i have stayed gives the same level of service as the Epic. The welcoming at the door from doormen that rememeber you to the check in and daily needs are all well met. The wine hour at 5 is a great expeience. Too bad i am often still at the office but they usually make up for it with a free drink at the bar. used the spa for yoage this trip - the instructor was excellent. one of my favorite things is that each room has a balcony with a stunning view both directions. I prefer the view down the Miami River and they usually can accomodate. Overall my favorite place in Miami.

Room Tip: Go for the miami river side. Can be a bit louder due to the pool but the sunrise is spectacular.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Granted, give me a pool and some healthy food options, along with a few splurges, and I'm happy as a clam.

A few things I love about this hotel: the service was flawless from the pool side lunch to the front desk and housekeeping; wine hour at 5 pm included sangria one night and it was awesome; complimentary iced tea in the lobby in the afternoons; the design of the rooms, including how you can raise and lower a curtain between the bathroom (next to the bath tub) and the bedroom; our room had a little balcony with a table where we could enjoy said sangria and iced tea; there is an Italian restaurant nearby with awesome desserts (I don't recall the hotel dessert menu, as I didn't indulge there); there is a nearby pier with crepes. (The Italian restaurant is in the opposite direction of the pier, over a bridge, within walking distance.)

As always, this Kimpton also included complimentary coffee/tea service in the lobby each morning and I love the selection of tea. My mom loved the coffee when she went on a separate trip. She said the Epic spa is her favorite place for a masssage.

Kimpton, since I know you're reading, I vote for sangria at every wine hour at every hotel :) Hotel Marlowe's is my favorite!

Note: this trip was actually in August 2010, but TripAdvisor dates don't go back that far.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nicole R
Felix B, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Nicole R.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your stay! I couldn't agree more, a pool and healthy food keep me happy too! We are so happy that you found our services to be flawless. It also sounds like you got to indulge in all the Kimpton specialties like wine hour and coffee and tea in the morning. We do like to spice up wine hour with some Sangria. Sounds like I need to ask the Marlowe what their secret recipe is. You can do a taste test on your next stay.

We hope to see you again soon! Let us know when you are coming back if your Mom needs any spa therapies scheduled.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at EPIC (a Kimpton Hotel) in Jan 2014 while attending a business meeting in the area. Although I am a big fan of Starwood hotels, I also like and enjoy many of Kimpton hotels because those are considered as boutique hotels - they are (sometimes) smaller, but definitely offer unique staying experiences. Upon checking in, you can already tell the service is top notch. The young lady at this front desk welcomed me warmly. My room was facing Miami River, what a spectacular view! I was fully immersed by lights of other buildings and the magnificent view of the harbor.

The room has a balcony, which I always consider a nice touch. The decor of the hotel room is modern and hip. Bed is very comfortable. One interesting note is that from my room I can clearly see many of super yachts docked near the hotel, and one of them, I was told later by someone, belongs to Mark Cuban.

One of the restaurants located in the hotel is a contemporary Asian fusion type called Zuma, food is decent, but I think it's over priced, but this is downtown Miami, so there you go.
Throughout my stay, I did not engage much of hotel staff, but each time I am passing hotel lobby, they always have nice smile on their faces. I'd definitely return if I would.

Room Tip: Chose the room that is facing East, which offers river view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank digihank

Digihank
Thanks for taking the time for all of that praise! Wow I am so glad you slept well on our beds and had the chance to take in the Miami skyline from your balcony. I am delighted to know that you found our service both top-notch and warm; that is definitely our top priority. Hopefully we will have the pleasure of having you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Unfortunately this hotel is designed so that certain guest rooms directly overlook the outdoor seating area for the 16th floor bar. The sliding doors are double-paned (double-glazed), which mutes the sound, but they are no match for the gaggle of women doing their best Sex and the City imitation.

Otherwise a very nice service. Wi-fi is free if you sign up for their "InTouch" marketing service. Particular compliments for the fact that housekeeping actually obeyed my "privacy" request and did not come into the room to make it up (in case I had forgotten to turn off the privacy switch). Also, the front desk and door staff are very nice.

Convenient enough (although you have to have a good sense of direction or, like me, a compass) to the Knight Center stop on the (free) Metromover in case you are public-transit inclined.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ValueValueValue

ValueValueValue

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to sign-up for our In Touch program and receiving complimentary WiFi! It’s a great perk that I am glad you took advantage of. Also, at EPIC, we really do take our guest’s privacy seriously. I am glad that your “privacy” sign was respected and that you were not disturbed.

I'm so sorry that you could still hear the ladies downstairs up in your room! On your next stay, we will be happy to find you a quieter and higher room.

Looking forward to your next In Touch stay!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a nice hotel but beware. They book lots of outside weddings, proms, dances, and conventions . All fine except it is so crowded it's almost impossible to get in. Not reservations just trying to get up to the front door of the hotel. The taxis can't get to the front door, it's too crowded. There's one lane in with a round a bout. They had to let us out close by and we had to walk in. There's not much around there so taxis and car rentals are necessary. They try to be nice but they can't handle the crowd. I thought it was just one night.(fine)but, it was every night we were there. We will not return.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Here I am at another Kimpton Hotel. This one feels a bit like a W Hotel but without the dark lobby, hallways & rooms. A bit hip but attentive and nice. I can see what William S was saying but we liked staying here quite a bit. The Bayview King room is excellent...spacious, awesome bathroom and big balcony overlooking Brickell Key and the Bay over to South Beach. Just beautiful. The valet entrance is always packed as if there if some big celebrity event going on, but then you get into the lobby and all is relatively calm again. Not sure if the Zuma restaurant on the first floor is the draw (probably). Access to Brickell as well as Bayside is hard to beat. Highly recommended. (It's not as phenomenal as Kimpton's Vero Beach property, but that's a whole different experience.)

Room Tip: It looks like there are some rooms facing west just above Brickell Avenue bridge and looking right a...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris D
Felix B, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Chris D
Thanks for your excellent review. I am very glad to learn that you had a great time at the stylish EPIC. There is a lot happening all day on our Front Drive. Besides Zuma and the actual hotel, we also have our busy restaurant Area 31 and Exhale Spa. All that certainly creates a lot of traffic and movement!
So glad you mentioned our great location in walking distance to Bayside and Brickell.
Please come back soon. EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Beautiful, fresh, clean, comfortable hotel. But what's really special is the service. I don't know where they found them, but every employee was friendly and seemed genuinely happy to help. Special thanks to Kevin at reception, Juan at the pool, and literally every bellman. I don't know what the management is doing to find and retain such high quality employees, but clearly it's working.

• Stayed: May 2014

Jennie G
Thanks a lot for your awesome complementing review. I super delighted you had such as good time with us."Kimpton cares" that applies to both our guests and our staff members, We take a lot of pride in training, development and daily genuine care for all of our employees. I am extremely grateful for you recognizing it.
Please come back soon/ EPIC wishes / Felix Brandt