“Perfect!!!”

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #19 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My daughter and I had a great week in early June to celebrate her 13th birthday. She wanted to come to Miami and I didn't want her in the throws of South Beach. She researched on tripadvisor and picked EPIC. From the moment we checked in until we left...the weather, the staff, the experience were perfect. Juan and Carlos at the pool are amazing. They have an incredible balance of service and friendliness without being flirty or too chatty. Watching them point out a better way to handle something with the newer staff members was like trying to figure out a magicians trick ...subtle and always professional. Be careful to the management staff to lose them would be tragic. They should be apart of your training staff for new team members.

Only sour grape is that parking can be tricky is there is an event or you are not driving a car worth over 6 figures so plan for extra time in getting your car.

Other than that I would come back and stay at EPIC..it was perfect!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank trywanderlust
Zachary J, Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

trywanderlust

I am so glad that your daughter found us on Trip Advisor and decided to try our property! We love hosting a little birthday getaway at the hotel. Thank you for all of your fantastic compliments about Juan and Carlos at the pool. I think you said it best when you described their natural balance of service of friendliness. It truly is admirable.

So…any plans for her 14th birthday?

There are newer reviews for Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Run do not walk to the Epic Hotel if you are staying in downtown Miami! My girlfriend's and I stayed from July 5-9th. This was my first time at a Kimpton property and it won't be my last! The staff is exceptional...Carlos and Mauricio at the front door, always helpful and smiling! Carlos couldn't do enough for us at the pool, and Elizabeth at the Spa gave me one of the best massages I've ever had.
As a walker I loved the fact that there are many walkways throughout the city, most of them by the water. Mary Brickell Village is nearby and has alot of restaurants and shops that are only a 5 min walk away.
The views from my room (27th floor), the pool, and Area 31 were breathtaking! A wonderful vacation in the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in!

Room Tip: The upper floors have better views of the city.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

maureen q

WOW, I am blushing. Thank you for all of these fabulous compliments. I am so glad that we could be your first Kimpton Hotel.

The views from the 27th floor and Area 31 Restaurant really give you a gorgeous view of all that Downtown Miami has to offer. It’s also convenient to have one of Downtown’s best Happy Hours right here on the 16th floor. That always helps to ensure an “EPIC Experience” with your girlfriends.

Also, I can’t wait to tell Carlos, Mauricio, and Elizabeth all of your wonderful feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon!

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and I spent six night at the Epic Hotel after a voyage on Cunard Queen Victoria from San Francisco. We had a fantastic time. The Hotel is situated beside the river and most of the tourist attractions are within walking distance including many restaurants at the Bayside Shopping Centre. We booked a Club Level room which gave us access to the Club Level Lounge where we enjoyed the complimentary snacks, 5 times a day! The wine tasting hour in the hotel lobby was very pleasant but you had to be early to get the canapés. It was a great place to meet residents and fellow travellers. Fantastic for people watching. We visited the evening free bar most nights. Staff were very friendly, especially Oscar the concierge, who made our stay extra special. Pool staff were very attentive and regularly delivered iced water. Our room on the 30th floor offered great views across the city. Thanks to all the staff especially Oscar who made our stay extra memorable.

Room Tip: Extra cost of Club Level accommodation well worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DM1944

DM 1944

This review made me say WOW! It sounds like you had the opportunity to really experience much of the on property benefits. Wine hour is fantastic for people watching; plus, you have a chance to meet some of the hotel managers and other guests in the hotel. All of this while enjoying complimentary wine, it's perfect.

It sounds like the Club level was a pretty good choice too! Their 5 meal presentations per day always keep me excited. I will also let Oscar know all the nice compliments you had for him.

Please let us know whenever you would like to come spend a little more time with us.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The team at the Epic go to the limit to make you enjoy yoiur stay and their installations as well as their location are great. The Zuma restaurant inside the hotel is one of the best I have ever been to. Even the water they have at the lobby is great. Also, it is walking distance to a great restaurant area at Brickell. Very interesting crowd hanging out at nights and the cars you can watch are incredible.

Room Tip: Higher floors are nicer and ask for a view towards the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Ricardo A

We always try to go beyond the limit! I am so glad to hear that you felt this way.

I couldn’t agree more with your comment about the water in the lobby. That fruit infused water really comes in handy to combat the heat in Miami. I always have to steal a glass too!

Thanks for telling us all about how much you loved the “great service.”

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We stayed for 3nights (late May 2014). First time in Downtown Miami area - can't fault EPIC at all; wonderful hotel, comfortable and luxurious rooms and exellent pool deck. We were lucky enough to have a room looking out onto the water/pool and made the most of our balcony.
Not our first 'Kimpton' experience and certainly won't be our last.
Breakfast in the hotel restaurant was very good (reasonably priced) and was novel to sit on the outdoor terrace and enjoy the morning sunshine.
Mary Brickell village is a short walk away with plenty going on at nighttime.
Overall an excellent experience which comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JJClark1
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I am a Gold Marriott Rewards member and rarely stay at other properties. My job booked a block of rooms here and required that we stay here due to a conference. So glad they did. This place was super nice. The hotel accomodations were nice and swanky. The hotel staff was unbelievabley caring and concered. The doormen where the best. Always willing to give recommnedations on were to eat, drink, and party. The pool and restaruant are on the 16th Floor and this place has the best happy hour I have ever been to. It is a short walk or $5 cab ride to Mary Brickell Village which has all the bars, restaurants, and shopping you could want. Spent many nights there. This hotel is right on the water downtown and is at the start of the Brickell area. I would stay here again most definitely. This place is impressive. can I come back I already miss it.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Booked a Kimpton In Touch Last Minute Deal at the Epic for the July 4th weekend and was treated to a great stay! Had a Club Level Waterview room #2905 on the first night and moved to a great Cityview Junior Suite #2920 the second night. I actually like the city view room better because of the great view of downtown Miami and the Miami River. The Club Level is fantastic with great food and drink throughout the day. As a Kimpton Inner Circle member, I stay at many Kimpton hotels around the country. None better than the Epic! Special thanks to Front Desk Manager Anna for taking great care of me. I will be returning this weekend to celebrate my birthday. I know it will be an Epic weekend!

Room Tip: High floors with city views are great
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo