“Not as EPIC as I call it.”
Review of Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #20 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My significant other, AngryBirdRed, gave an extremely detailed review so I will keep try to keep it short and brief.

Room: Decently sized room for a couple. Bed was comfortable however there were so many feathers that kept flying out of the blanket and into my nose. Thanks for the nasal assault. The toilet room didn't have ventilation, again thanks for the nasal assault of my own doings lol. Our room faced the pool which on Friday night had a lounge night with music blaring but ended at around 12am.

Amenities: 2 pools, free internet if you sign up as a Kimpton Karma Rewards member, happy hour from 5-6pm (Pino Grigio, Merlot, sangria, and finger foods. We missed the first night's happy hour so they gave us a stub for free wine at the bar.), business center to print boarding passes. They also have complimentary items if you forget things like chargers, which is nice but we never used and they have valet service for cars.

Overall, I honestly think the hotel is kind of pretentious especially the outside waiting area where all these people are waiting for the Rolls Royces, Ferraris, etc. Service is ok, not the greatest but not a deal breaker. I would stay here again if I didn't find another hotel to stay at in the area though.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bubblingtruth
Write a ReviewReviews (3,369)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I dont know if it was just a few staff members or the hats they wear, but most of the floor staff had a douchey vibe to them... Service wise, they were fine though.

The staff on the club level though were all very nice and professional, a step up.

The unlimited free alchohol at night and snack times/coconut water available on the club room during the day was a nice touch. (Wish alchohol was all day)

Location wise, it was ok for getting to work in the financial area, but quite far from south beach... or anything to be honest... but that is more about miami than the hotel.

The rooms itself was nice, and we got a nice view of the water.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stay two places in Miami when I'm there on business and Epic is my preferred.
One of the better rooms I've stayed in with a great view.

There is a bit of the "I'm international and better than you" from some of the guests but it's Miami... expect it.

Room Tip: Stay on the Channel side.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Corry S
Reviewed 19 August 2014

From check-in to check-out we had a nearly flawless weekend at the Epic. We've stayed before but this time we brought my two mini-schnauzers and i can tell you they were treated as well as we were. We arrived friday at approximately 4:45 and despite a short wait to check into our room (2901 fabulous view fyi) we experienced an enhanced level of service in this hotel everywhere we went from the valets, the bellman, the front desk, the chambermaids, the club concierge...everyone went out of their way to greet us, to be courteous, to offer to assist us etc. It was a major step up from our last visit no doubt.
I do want to call special attention to the two brothers, Juan and Carlos, who made us feel very much at home on the pool deck. Arguably two of the nicest, most polished and genuine young guys you'd ever want to come across...not only in a hotel setting but in life as well. These guys are on top of everything out there...and are a credit to the hotel. If management is reading this...thats your *A* team right there.
The room itself was spacious, approx 950 sq ft with a huge balcony overlooking the bay. The rooms are nice..they arent going to wow you with lavish decor but they're beyond excellent when i consider a paid a Florida-resident rate of 315$ plus tax. The hotel is very pet friendly so my two little pupps had fun running around the room and in the halls (when no one was around).
The only complaint we had was our room-service dinner came up cold. They were quick to remedy the situation and we were happy.
This is a very busy hotel..especially with the pretentious Zuma restaurant anchoring the lobby. The valet circle gets very busy at night and even during the day the little circle gets jammed up with cars pretty easily. That said, we always called ahead to have my car brought down and we never waited more than a few minutes. taxi service is efficient as well.
I like this hotel..i love the pool deck too. I wish Area 31 would go back to an a la carte breakfast menu but i understand its more efficient with the buffet offerings. As ive mentioned in prior reviews, i prefer the downtown area over south beach. It's cleaner, the hotels are a better value, there are plenty of restaurants within a brief walk or drive. We will return to the Epic undoubtedly.
During our stay I was reading some of the recent reviews for this hotel. Some of them sounded a bit whiney...but i can tell you we never experienced anything like that during our stay.

Room Tip: 2901 is as good as it gets view wise...the balcony is huge and its at the end of the hallway so its...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We were in Miami for a Marlins game and wanted to stay close to Marlins Park, but at a decent place. As I am not familiar with Miami I used various travel sites and maps to scout our location and landed on Epic. They were offering a Florida resident special that included free parking so I pounced, and glad I did.

Keep in mind we arrived right after two baseball workouts, and were in need of a shower. When we rolled up to the entrance and saw Porsches, Ferraris and Teslas sitting in the valet area I was expecting the nose to go up as they collected the keys to my 2007 mid tier sedan. So not the case. Valet was welcoming, the front desk check in process was a breeze (and it was rum day so we got welcome cocktails) and the staff had us on our way in 5 minutes.

Our room was on the 21st floor with a city view, as well as a look over one of the waterways that connects to Biscayne Bay. The property is either very new or extremely well kept as everything was in pristine working order, and the decor was all modern. The ability to go out on the balcony and look down at the roof top pool area was nice, as well as the expansive view of the city scape.

I understand how some people can feel out of place, as Epic caters to a high end crowd, but even though we were in ball game gear and not dressed to the nines, we were comfortable in the hotel, including a night time swim that had us in flip flops on an elevator with a well dressed group ready to hit the club scene.

The location is perfect for what we were looking for. We walked to Bayside along the water way, and it was a $12 cab ride to Marlins Park. If we were attending an even at American Airlines Arena you can easily walk from Epic.

Great stay, and if you are looking do do the downtown Miami thing, Epic is the spot.

Room Tip: We like high floor and requested such in our rese. Got 21st Floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JohhnyTram
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 6 nights as part of our honeymoon . This is a beautiful hotel in downtown miami

Very comfortable rooms / great air con / very nice staff - we really enjoyed our stay

Pool is lovely / bars etc all very cool

The free wine between 5 and 6 was a real nice touch

Few mins walk to bayside which had lots of shops and restuarants

Valet is 37 bucks a day which is a bit steep

Overall a great stay

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mikeleahy
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed here for the first time for a family weekend getaway knowing how good Kimpton properties are on the west coast and we were not disappointed. The hotel is beautiful and has a great location in the Brickell neighborhood of downtown Miami. You can walk to several high end restaurants like Capital Grill and Truluck's as well as Mary Brickell Village. The hotel is very modern with a great pool deck on the 16th floor. Drinks poolside are a bit pricey though. The staff was very friendly and helpful and housekeeping did a super job. Room service could use some tuning up though as it took almost an hour for orders to get to the room that were nothing special. We will hope to return for another getaway but would love to see Kimpton open a hotel in the Tampa area.

Room Tip: Waterview rooms are higher priced but thehere are some really nice views from city view rooms on hig...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family