3,631 results
All reviewswine hourzuma restaurantexhale spadowntown miamisouth beachwater viewpool arearain showerthe club loungeroom servicelarge balconycity viewbeautiful hoteljunior suitewhole foodsvalet servicevalet parking
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Stayed in the Epic for my sons wedding which was on The Biscayne Lady. The boat docked right next to the hotel. What a joy to be able to walk out of your hotel and board and return right back to your hotel.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled solo
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2009

dunstac:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful contribution. Congratulations on your sons wedding and thank you for choosing the EPIC for such a momentous occasion. We love to share in creating life long memories. We hope to see you on your anniversaries.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 19 November 2009

My friend and I went for a girl's weekend and were very disappointed. The hotel is a high rise, and we were given a room on the 18th floor. Unfortunately, they failed to tell us that construction was taking place on the 16th floor. Instead of moving us to a higher room, they offered to buy us a meal. The service was hit-or-miss. The restaurant staff could not have been nicer; however, others were less accomodating. The cleaning service basically made the beds and picked up the towels. They'd leave room service trays in the room, didn't wipe down tables, etc. All-in-all, not a great experience for the cost.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank akearns

akearns:
Thank you very much for the contribution. I sincerely apologize for the noise complaints, the housekeeping opportunities and for the way the matter was handled. In no way is this the level of service we intend to deliver or how we expect our guests to feel. All items will be rectified immediately. I hope you allow us another chance to create the experience you were expecting.

Reviewed 18 November 2009

After a morning fraught with endless line-ups and silly airline delays, after an overly long shuttle ride from the airport - arriving at Epic was heaven. Check in took all of 1 minute. We checked out the beautiful room - with a bathroom to die for! Double sinks, rainforest shower head, deep soaking tub. Ahh. Having a computer with internet in the room was very convenient.

We decided to relax by the pool. Even though it was a windy day, staff ensured we were in the sun but out of the wind. After a few hours of lounging and having a nice lunch by teh pool we returned to our room for a short nap - sadly that turned into a 2 hour nap which caused us to miss the wine reception. DH was so comfy he refused to leave. We ended up dining at Area 31 - great food, good service.

After a good night's sleep, we decided to explore around the hotel a little. Not a bad walk along the waterway to Bayside market.

Check out was great - staff even lent us a stapler to attach our cruise tags to the suitcases!

This is the first time I felt I got my money's worth at a hotel. Great service, super staff, very clean rooms.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple

bunnyette:
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a beautiful and warm contribution.
Thank you for mentioning the great value and the great service.
We look forward to your return visit with us at the EPIC.
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2009

Let me start by saying we have stayed in several Kimpton Hotels around the country and every time our stay is top notch. Our one-night pre-cruise stay at the Epic Hotel was no different. Originally, I booked through the Kimpton website for a city view room at an AAA rate. Decided at the last minute to check Hotwire to see what was available and save a few $$$$. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the Epic.

From our arrival (being given cold water and towels) to the check in, everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and courteous and not in the "I have to" forced sort of way. Loved the decor and ambience of the room and the large bathroom. Also loved the computer in the room. Free Internet if you are an InTouch member.

Considering this was book via "Third Party." I expected the good old "Third Party" sort of treatment from the staff and receive an inferior room. Nothing of the sort. We did stay with a city view but what a gorgeous city! I was particularly impressed that the check-in person knew about my allergy to cats and dogs (this is listed on my Kimpton InTouch membership profile and not sure how they were able to cross reference since this was a Hotwire reservation) and made sure that we were placed on a pet-free floor. Very much appreciated!

My son wasn't feeling well so we decided to order room service instead of going down to the restaurant. They also made him something that wasn't normally available during that time period, which again we appreciated.

Had a chance to view the exercise room and pool areas -- very nice.

We have decided from now on whenever we cruise out of Miami, we will be choosing the Epic once again because it was so close to the Port of Miami. That was just the icing on the cake! We are also looking at returning to the Epic for a weeks-long vacation and being able to enjoy the hotel. No problems here. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank jdvmd

jdvmd:
Thank you so much for the top notch contribution. We are so happy that we were able to accommodate for your allergy those are the reason we have Kimpton Loyalty profiles. We hope to create experiences based on your preferences. We are also happy to read that we made a special meal for your son when he wasn't feeling well.
We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 12 November 2009

That's what my dictionary definition of "epic" says.....and it does...by a long long way. I can confirm what the other reviews have said so won't go through it all again. All the staff were great........but the concierge Andres was truly outstanding in his work for me before we arrived, and his care and consideration for when we did arrive, made it completely special....an epic guy.

Not everything is flawless but the flaws are so minor and the teams so keen to remedy that they get forgotten in all the good things. Nothing is a problem and they are very mature in the hotelkeeping skills.

The location on the Miami River is spectacular...you will be loathe to leave the hotel, but there are things near if you fancy a walk. Mary Brickell village is 10 mins away and is a pleasant place to pass an evening.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Dorsetblue:
Thank you so much for the heartfelt contribution. Thank you for mentioning Andres and his outstanding service. We look forward to your return.