“Awesome”

GreenLeadersGold level
beatricepugzilla
“Awesome”
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Just left the hotel this AM - From check in to check out my exerience was FANTASTIC at the Epic. All of the concierges working on the Club Level are absolutely wonderful. Gene was truly impressive and a wealth of knowledge and an all around great guy and Jullian (I think that is his name) runs a very close second - but I have to say that everyone was TOP NOTCH. I am currently trying to find another reason I have to come to Miami as soon as I can so I can once again stay in the Epic.
I travel at least 3 weeks a month for work and EPIC is now the number one of all hotels I have styed in this year in the US.
WOW - and I will be telling my Company's meeting planner in case other folks in my Company need a hotel in Miami.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 27 November 2009
beatricepugzilla:
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an awesome contribution. It thrills us to hear that you enjoyed your stay on the club level and that you received impressive service. Gene and the team will be recognized for exceeding your expectations. We look forward to your return visit at the EPIC and your companies visit as well.
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (785)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Maryland
Reviewed 19 November 2009

Stayed in the Epic for my sons wedding which was on The Biscayne Lady. The boat docked right next to the hotel. What a joy to be able to walk out of your hotel and board and return right back to your hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2009
dunstac:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful contribution. Congratulations on your sons wedding and thank you for choosing the EPIC for such a momentous occasion. We love to share in creating life long memories. We hope to see you on your anniversaries.
Warmest Regards,
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 November 2009

My friend and I went for a girl's weekend and were very disappointed. The hotel is a high rise, and we were given a room on the 18th floor. Unfortunately, they failed to tell us that construction was taking place on the 16th floor. Instead of moving us to a higher room, they offered to buy us a meal. The service was hit-or-miss. The restaurant staff could not have been nicer; however, others were less accomodating. The cleaning service basically made the beds and picked up the towels. They'd leave room service trays in the room, didn't wipe down tables, etc. All-in-all, not a great experience for the cost.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank akearns
akearns:
Thank you very much for the contribution. I sincerely apologize for the noise complaints, the housekeeping opportunities and for the way the matter was handled. In no way is this the level of service we intend to deliver or how we expect our guests to feel. All items will be rectified immediately. I hope you allow us another chance to create the experience you were expecting.
Toronto
Reviewed 18 November 2009

After a morning fraught with endless line-ups and silly airline delays, after an overly long shuttle ride from the airport - arriving at Epic was heaven. Check in took all of 1 minute. We checked out the beautiful room - with a bathroom to die for! Double sinks, rainforest shower head, deep soaking tub. Ahh. Having a computer with internet in the room was very convenient.

We decided to relax by the pool. Even though it was a windy day, staff ensured we were in the sun but out of the wind. After a few hours of lounging and having a nice lunch by teh pool we returned to our room for a short nap - sadly that turned into a 2 hour nap which caused us to miss the wine reception. DH was so comfy he refused to leave. We ended up dining at Area 31 - great food, good service.

After a good night's sleep, we decided to explore around the hotel a little. Not a bad walk along the waterway to Bayside market.

Check out was great - staff even lent us a stapler to attach our cruise tags to the suitcases!

This is the first time I felt I got my money's worth at a hotel. Great service, super staff, very clean rooms.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
bunnyette:
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a beautiful and warm contribution.
Thank you for mentioning the great value and the great service.
We look forward to your return visit with us at the EPIC.
Warmest Regards,
Paducah, KY
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Let me start by saying we have stayed in several Kimpton Hotels around the country and every time our stay is top notch. Our one-night pre-cruise stay at the Epic Hotel was no different. Originally, I booked through the Kimpton website for a city view room at an AAA rate. Decided at the last minute to check Hotwire to see what was available and save a few $$$$. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the Epic.

From our arrival (being given cold water and towels) to the check in, everyone we encountered was extremely friendly and courteous and not in the "I have to" forced sort of way. Loved the decor and ambience of the room and the large bathroom. Also loved the computer in the room. Free Internet if you are an InTouch member.

Considering this was book via "Third Party." I expected the good old "Third Party" sort of treatment from the staff and receive an inferior room. Nothing of the sort. We did stay with a city view but what a gorgeous city! I was particularly impressed that the check-in person knew about my allergy to cats and dogs (this is listed on my Kimpton InTouch membership profile and not sure how they were able to cross reference since this was a Hotwire reservation) and made sure that we were placed on a pet-free floor. Very much appreciated!

My son wasn't feeling well so we decided to order room service instead of going down to the restaurant. They also made him something that wasn't normally available during that time period, which again we appreciated.

Had a chance to view the exercise room and pool areas -- very nice.

We have decided from now on whenever we cruise out of Miami, we will be choosing the Epic once again because it was so close to the Port of Miami. That was just the icing on the cake! We are also looking at returning to the Epic for a weeks-long vacation and being able to enjoy the hotel. No problems here. I recommend it highly.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank jdvmd
jdvmd:
Thank you so much for the top notch contribution. We are so happy that we were able to accommodate for your allergy those are the reason we have Kimpton Loyalty profiles. We hope to create experiences based on your preferences. We are also happy to read that we made a special meal for your son when he wasn't feeling well.
We look forward to your return.
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2009

That's what my dictionary definition of "epic" says.....and it does...by a long long way. I can confirm what the other reviews have said so won't go through it all again. All the staff were great........but the concierge Andres was truly outstanding in his work for me before we arrived, and his care and consideration for when we did arrive, made it completely special....an epic guy.

Not everything is flawless but the flaws are so minor and the teams so keen to remedy that they get forgotten in all the good things. Nothing is a problem and they are very mature in the hotelkeeping skills.

The location on the Miami River is spectacular...you will be loathe to leave the hotel, but there are things near if you fancy a walk. Mary Brickell village is 10 mins away and is a pleasant place to pass an evening.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Dorsetblue:
Thank you so much for the heartfelt contribution. Thank you for mentioning Andres and his outstanding service. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 8 November 2009

My husband and I just returned from a terrific two days at the EPIC. The hotel is gorgeous, the staff couldn't have been nicer (not just efficient but genuinely friendly) and the food in Area 31 (we had breakfast there and dinner) was amazing. The place seems very well run. We are already plotting our next trip to Miami so we can stay at the EPIC.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Cocosun:
Thank you for your terrific contribution. Thank you for mentioning the genuinely friendly staff. We look forward to your return visit.