“Perfect for both business and leisure”
Review of Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #13 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Perfect for both business and leisure”
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My husband and I spent two days/nights here in May. This is my 4th or 5th stay at the EPIC as I travel to Miami frequently for work. The prices are great, the rooms are well designed and the service is great. The stylish pool deck (that I actually got to enjoy a bit on this trip) is great fun. The staff out there really took care of my husband while I was at the office - he was in a nice cabana and a great mood when I arrived. The bartender poured me a free frozen mojito to taste and I was hooked, a brilliant drink. Cool and minty, not too sweet at all.
My only complaint about the Epic is the room servcie, it is expensive and the menu is really limited. Food is tasty though. Cheap eats are a walk away and for a nice but reasonable dinner - try the Eos restaurant at the Viceroy next door.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2010
SWD29:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great contribution. Thank you for mentioning both Reuben and Alberto. We were ecstatic to hear that you were so happy with your stay that you extended your reservation. We look forward to your return visit with us.
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 8 May 2010

My wife and stayed here March 24-26, 2010. It is an elegant hotel with the expected amenities. However its room service needs improvement. One morning it took several phone calls to get my breakfast. Fortunately I had no appointments to get to. But Olga, who served us room service on various occasions, was great and made an unpleasant situation bearable. The valet needs improvement too. Once it took over a half-hour to get our car, for no reason. Other guests arrived at the valet station after us yet they got their cars ahead of us. After we arrived home we received an e-survey from the hotel and in response I included these criticisms. The manager responded offering his apologies but nothing else. I stayed at this hotel because my employer paid the bill and because it was the site of a business meeting. If I ever visit Miami again I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
AMB&JAS:
Thank you for taking a moment to write such a detailed contribution. Let me first apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations. I am saddened that you will not stay with us again if you return to Miami. I will personally be in touch momentarily to discuss our opportunities and regain your trust in the EPIC.
washington state
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This is a beautriful new hotel in a very modern building and it seems they were still working out some engineering kinks. We loved our 1 bedroom suite with two awesome balconies although I found the angle of the TV in the bedroom to be difficult to watch from bed. We had problems with the toilet 3 mornings in a row and trouble with a/c the 3rd night which meant we slept (sort of) warm and sweaty and with the windows open, the outside noise was irritating. The next morning when I asked to be switched to another room and they showed no similar rooms available, they put us into the presidential suite, which was out of this world. No delay, no fuss, no attitude. Great service was provided and we left very happy campers. More than I can say for our experience in Orlando afterwards, but that's another story. The restaurant was very good. The polenta is to die for.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2010
migobeachnow:
Wow, thank you for taking the time to contribute such an excellent contribution. I apologize for all the opportunities which you encountered during the beginning of your stay, we will rectify immediately. I must say that is the most amazing opportunity guest recovery story I have heard. We are so happy that you mentioned our great service and left happy. We look forward to your return visit with us.
St Lucia
Reviewed 5 May 2010

I decided to treat my wife to a weekend Honeymoon. Just me and her, no kids or childish venues to be thought of, seen or navigated. The Epic hotel was a perfect fit for these expectations. Per my wife, "The time spent away felt like when we were dating without kids to consider."

My with and I live in Broward County, which is 30 minutes from Miami. So, i won't mention the airports, shuttle service, etc.

However, I can tell you about our arrival greeting to our subsequent departure. Though, if we could afforded it we probably wouldn't leave.

On to the review. . .
We booked the hotel one week in advance and still obtained a decent rate. I called in advance and confirm that no conventions we scheduled there, which is important if you want some peace, relaxation and no hustle and bustle. Our dates chosen were perfect.

Upon check-in we were received by Albert, my Domenican brother from another mother. He took total care of us. Reuben was great too. Up to our room we went but we were put in a room without a view. However, with two rings to the front desk we were moved to room 2701. What an awesome view and space! My wife and I were blown away.

Little things we noticed, toilet door lock was loose and door bell face plate fell off. Even so, the ammenities were great. I know I sound picky but this is a review right?

At 6pm they have a wine and cheese event on the 16th floor. We enjoyed some fabulous wine and returned to our room to clean up for dinner. The bathroom accomodations are awesome. Just an fyi. . . the shower and tub are great for two adults. . .

We did not eat at Area 51 or (31) something like that. Instead we went to EOS, located in the ViceRoy hotel (8 minutes away). We walked there which was cool because it felt like you were in New York. There are alot of restaurants in the area so transportation is not necessary and yes we did feel safe walking around in the area at night.

EOS was great. Totally awesome food, portion sizes and food quality. The menu prices are appropriate for the venue and ambience. We would definitely go back.

Walking back was a little chillie, so carry a scarf or shaul for the wife.

The next day we decided to stay an extra couple of nights. Yes, we liked it that much.

I could say more but I think you get the picture. The Epic hotel is a great location for a couple's get away weekend.

PS: I forgot to say this. . . If you extend your stay make sure the front desk advises the cleaning people so they do disturb you by accident. Parking is expensive.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2010
SWD29:
Thank you for taking the time to write an exceptional contribution. Thank you also, for praising Alberto & Reuben for their exception service. We will assure they are recognized.
We are the ideal spot for a couples get away; we look forward to your return with us.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Reviewed 4 May 2010

I chose the Epic in Miami after reading several reviews in your site. Some said it was the best hotel they had ever stayed in their lives. Quite a statement. Decided to check it out and frankly, test Tripadvisor reviewers as well.
The result was extremely satifying.
What Kimpton did with the Epic is unique!
Great feeling upon arrival, a new format that is very refreshing.
The right price and the right attitude towards how they charge. Very correct and appreciated.
Above all, however, this hotel offers service. Excellent service.
Everyone treated us (and people around us) with the correct measure of familiarity and distance people look for in hotels.
People like Gene, Bruno, Jacqueline and others made the difference.
I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Miami after this experience.
I truly hope they keep it up in the future.

Congratulations

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 5 May 2010
From_Rio:
Thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent contribution. Thank you also for mentioning a few of our employees by name; we will recognize Bruno, Gene & Jacky for providing service excellence. We look forward to your return stay with us.
Oxfordshire
Reviewed 1 May 2010

We stayed at The Epic in March on our annual trip to the Sony Ericsson Tennis at Key Biscayne; it was half the price of the Ritz Carlton on Key Biscayne, and twice the fun! The rooms are gorgeous, large, wonderful beds, heavenly huge bathroom with 'window' to the room, fab balcony, lovely helpful staff, proper tea making facilities in room - as requested in advance as, being a Brit, I can't get up without a cup of English Breakfast - stunning pools. The only tiny downside was that, even though we had 3 girls in the room, they kept forgetting to stock up again for 3 and we had to call down every day for more tea/wine glasses/coffee mugs/towels etc. It was fantastic having free computer with internet in the room - absolutely wonderful, can't wait to return.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 4 May 2010
betseybooc:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glamorous and blissful contribution.
Thank you also for mentioning the employees and the great amenities. We are so happy we were able to accommodate a proper tea set up throughout your stay. We will revisit the proper stocking of your guest room for three female guests. We look forward to your return.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Stayed for 3 nights in March with a group of us, but would have loved to stay longer as usual! We visit about 4 times a year & alwasys enjoy. A very unique boutique property near pier and excellent location for walk over to Bayside. From check in to check out nothing but friendly service and attitudes with everything (and I mean everything catered for). Everything top notch. This place actually inspired our own furnishings/bathroom back home.
Love it and will be returning, actually July I think LOL

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
Rob070:
Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome contribution. Thank you for mentioning the friendly service and friendly attitudes. We look forward to your return visit in July.