“Loved everything....just one problem”
Review of Kimpton EPIC Hotel

Kimpton EPIC Hotel
Ranked #14 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersGold level
Lake Worth, Florida
“Loved everything....just one problem”
Reviewed 20 May 2010

We stayed her for Mother's Day weekend and boy is this a treat. The hotel is beautiful and the staff is above and beyond. However there was one problem...one of their pools is closed and we couldn't get FREE loungers near the pool therefore we couldn't relax on Mother's Day weekend. We had to get in the pool with our kid to watch her. I wish I would have be informed that the pool was closed or maybe they could have given the NON-FREE areas, for free.
Please note this is the second time I am posting this review....seems as someone deleted the first one.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank sneakypigs
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2010
sneakypigs:
Thank you again for taking the time to write another awesome contribution. Your review is still present; they tend to shift around a bit. If you search back you will locate your contribution. We appreciate your follow up regarding the complimentary upgrades for lounge chairs the next time we have a pool related opportunity; we will definitely utile your advice.
We look forward to your return visit with us.
Resort Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 19 May 2010

This hotel was absolutely amazing. We arrived at around 2am in the morning (coming straight from our wedding) to start our 2 day honeymoon. We were immediately impressed with the grandeur of the foyer and even more impressed with the lovely staff; we were even upgraded to a suite immediately.

The suite was very clean and tastefully decorated and the views out to the port and across downtown were stunning.

We ate in the restaurant the following evening and was served by a lovely waiter called Bobby. He was very knowledgeable about both the drink and food on the menu and genuinely helped us with our choices.

The only problem we encountered was the fact that our fridge was broken, however once we reported it we were given drinks on the house and a new fridge was brought up by the engineer the following morning.

Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, great food and amazing service - thank you Epic for making our honeymoon even more special!

Eva & Andre Dixon

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2010
QueenofMiami:
Congratulations. Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic contribution; we are amazed and astounded that you found a few moments to post your review. Thank you for mentioning the fantastic hotel, fantastic staff, great food and amazing service. We look forward to your return visit with us next year upon your anniversary.
Warmest Regards,
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 17 May 2010

My production crew and I were working with clients holding a conference at the InterContinental hotel, just around the corner from the Epic Miami and were all reassigned to the Epic, in an overflow situation with conference attendees. As a group of colleagues that has traveled extensively on business for many years - no one in the group could have been happier! The rooms had great views, the restaurant and bar were very gratifying and the staff was wonderful. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Miami, for business or pleasure!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JimK36
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2010
JimK36:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful contribution. Thank you also for mentioning the great views, our restaurant and the wonderful staff. We hope moving forward you will stay with us whenever you visit Miami for business or pleasure.
Sunny Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2010

We stayed at the Epic for a night before departing on a cruise, and it was in a word, Awesome!

We got to the hotel about noon, and had no problem checking in early. We were given a water view room, even though we had booked a city view, which was great. We spent the afternoon at the pool on the 16th floor enjoying sun, drinks, and some lunch. The service at the pool was fantastic, as the attendants were very prompt and helpful in finding us chairs, arranging an umbrella for shade, drink refills, etc.

Our room was on the 28th floor, and we had a great view of the Miami River with the Port in the distance. Very clean, spacious bathroom, and of course I slept like a baby.

We had room service for a late night snack, and it was quite good also.

All in all, its likely we have found our home when we are in Miami, and may even make our visits more frequent!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deej696
deej696:
Thank you for taking the time to write such an awesome contribution. We look forward to making the EPIC your home away from home in Miami.
Warmest Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 13 May 2010

My husband and I spent two days/nights here in May. This is my 4th or 5th stay at the EPIC as I travel to Miami frequently for work. The prices are great, the rooms are well designed and the service is great. The stylish pool deck (that I actually got to enjoy a bit on this trip) is great fun. The staff out there really took care of my husband while I was at the office - he was in a nice cabana and a great mood when I arrived. The bartender poured me a free frozen mojito to taste and I was hooked, a brilliant drink. Cool and minty, not too sweet at all.
My only complaint about the Epic is the room servcie, it is expensive and the menu is really limited. Food is tasty though. Cheap eats are a walk away and for a nice but reasonable dinner - try the Eos restaurant at the Viceroy next door.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 17 May 2010
SWD29:
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great contribution. Thank you for mentioning both Reuben and Alberto. We were ecstatic to hear that you were so happy with your stay that you extended your reservation. We look forward to your return visit with us.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 8 May 2010

My wife and stayed here March 24-26, 2010. It is an elegant hotel with the expected amenities. However its room service needs improvement. One morning it took several phone calls to get my breakfast. Fortunately I had no appointments to get to. But Olga, who served us room service on various occasions, was great and made an unpleasant situation bearable. The valet needs improvement too. Once it took over a half-hour to get our car, for no reason. Other guests arrived at the valet station after us yet they got their cars ahead of us. After we arrived home we received an e-survey from the hotel and in response I included these criticisms. The manager responded offering his apologies but nothing else. I stayed at this hotel because my employer paid the bill and because it was the site of a business meeting. If I ever visit Miami again I'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
AMB&JAS:
Thank you for taking a moment to write such a detailed contribution. Let me first apologize that your stay did not exceed your expectations. I am saddened that you will not stay with us again if you return to Miami. I will personally be in touch momentarily to discuss our opportunities and regain your trust in the EPIC.
washington state
Reviewed 5 May 2010

This is a beautriful new hotel in a very modern building and it seems they were still working out some engineering kinks. We loved our 1 bedroom suite with two awesome balconies although I found the angle of the TV in the bedroom to be difficult to watch from bed. We had problems with the toilet 3 mornings in a row and trouble with a/c the 3rd night which meant we slept (sort of) warm and sweaty and with the windows open, the outside noise was irritating. The next morning when I asked to be switched to another room and they showed no similar rooms available, they put us into the presidential suite, which was out of this world. No delay, no fuss, no attitude. Great service was provided and we left very happy campers. More than I can say for our experience in Orlando afterwards, but that's another story. The restaurant was very good. The polenta is to die for.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
seanmckeenmiami, Resort Manager at Kimpton EPIC Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2010
migobeachnow:
Wow, thank you for taking the time to contribute such an excellent contribution. I apologize for all the opportunities which you encountered during the beginning of your stay, we will rectify immediately. I must say that is the most amazing opportunity guest recovery story I have heard. We are so happy that you mentioned our great service and left happy. We look forward to your return visit with us.