“expected better”

Rodeway Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #109 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 21 May 2013

went to this hotel on may 16 with my husband and my twin sons and one of their girlfriend
our room was on the 4th floor and we would never told and I didn't ask if there was an elevator because my husband can't walk stairs very well we stayed there because we were going a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas and Nassau on the 17th got to our room and there were 2 full beds and one of the beds there were holes in the blanket from smoking also there were no chair or desk in the room the good thing I can say is the bed was very comfortable and the room was very small the breakfast which was suppose to be continental was not very good

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked this hotel for the weekend during a conference. I got the 1 bedroom suite. Unfortunately the one bedroom part did not exist. The room was about $30 more a night than the other rooms, yet it was twice as small.
The TV was broken and the remote did not work (even after fresh batteries). The toilet was also broken, so I fixed it myself.
Obviously the room was not vacuumed as I found pubic hair in 2 places around the room.
Worst of all was the service! The staff were extremely rude and when you asked for assistance they tried to avoid you.
When I arrived to check in, they asked why my credit card did not work prior to me checking in? In other words they tried to use my credit card without my authorization. After checking out, I realized that they had taken a 'bond' for the room, which was also not agreed. They took $200, which took 9 days for me to get back.
I had other friends that stayed there the same weekend and they had the same problem. My best friend being charged over $200 for a bond yet his room cost half as much as mine.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I went to a motel for $32/night and was much much better than this place. Unfortunately I had to stay at this place because of its closeness to my business. I stayed there for a week.
-The staff were very unfriendly and sometimes impolite especially the front desk, they acted like they were my boss!
- The worst breakfast you may have is at this location. First they give you a coupon and then you must go to a restaurant. You have to choose one drink (tea, coffee, juice) and either a small muffin or toasted bread+jam! For more drinks you have to pay!
- The towels were not very clean.
- The shower was either very hot or cold... I talked with them and the front desk they sent someone who did nothing. I got cold shower all week.
- The parking is sucks since it is very tied and after parking the car, you cannot come out easily!
- There was no fridge in the room while they knew I would stay for a week.
- They have not removed the plastic bag of the mattresses so you sweat when sleeping!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This place is a nightmare. Our family was heading out on a cruise and my mother in law made reservations here (because of the free shuttle and parking) .....you must and I mean must stay away from this place. My kids got lice that took weeks to get rid of. We didn't want to even sit on the beds let alone lay our heads on the pillow. Nasty nasty place that should be condemned by the health department. Never stayed in a Rodeway in before this place and never will again even consider I would rather sleep in my car!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

Just checked in and ready to check the heck out! The rooms are gross, the area is awful and the hospitality sucks! I will not recommend this place to my worst enemy. Don't even let me get started on the nasty restaurant attached to the hotel. Just Nasty!

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 April 2013

It is a good place for short staying in the city! location is ok - very close to metro, free transfer to airport (1 time per hour). Room is big and clean, no problems with TV, AC, hot water and internet. Also they have small gym room. Breakfast is cofee+toasts. Some unpleasant impressions - urine smell in lifts and rather cold response from Front Desk (however one woman with long curl hair was always in cheerful mood, very polite and helpful! thanks!)

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

Don't stay here. Very scary. We insisted on seeing our room before completing our reservation. Good strategy. One room was occupied with people attempting some kind of wrestling hold on our bed. Second room had NO beds. Third room we were shown was so close to the freeway, we could almost touch speeding cars. Lots of longterm rental tenants, most of whom seemed to be several to a room. Lots of tattoos, gang apparel & surly people. Get the picture?

• Stayed: April 2013