“Time for a Drone”

Rodeway Inn Miami Airport
Ranked #109 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Had I seen the reviews for this motel, would have never booked. The pictures must have been from years ago or another motel. As soon as we went into the lobby I knew we were in trouble. Got the room, walked in and can't describe the carpet. Used toilet facilities, but noticed the sink had sticky stuff on it and not dusted for a period of time. Went back to desk, and got another room, little cleaner, but the beds were so uncomfortable was hard to sleep. Was scared to take a shower, as the brackets holding the rod were barely in the wall, if pulled on shower curtain was sure it would fall. Over all this building should be torn down, and disappointed that the Bascum Palmer Institute, even has this motel listed on it's referrence sheet for motels. They must not have checked out this motel lately. It's time for one of "Obama's drones" to make a strike. Could not wait to check out. In my 68 years, this has to be the worse ever motel that I have stayed in. As far as clicking to rate, almost feel like not checking any of them.

Room Tip: Simply don' book.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank luckyleo45

Reviewed 4 June 2013

This hotel DID NOT have a multi million dollar renovation!! We are just thankful to be alive! The only positive was that they provided free shuttle to and from the Miami port and we parked our car at the hotel for free. However, we weren't sure what condition the car world be in on our return. ROUGH doesn't begin to describe this hotel. The carpet was so filthy that we would not take our shoes off. We slept in our clothes on top of the bedspread. (Luckily we had our own blankets and pillows) We wore flip flops in the shower and couldn't reach the outlet to charge our phones because it was at the ceiling. The police sirens screamed all night long and the shuttle driver said we could brag about staying at a place where they had filmed an episode of "The First 48!" Not kidding!!! Run away, run away FAST!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank Prissy T
Reviewed 4 June 2013 via mobile

It's a clean room, comfy bed, friendly staff, priced right but could be better. location is not the airport it's civic center which means right by the hospital so you hear ambulances and police all night long, so if your a light sleeper DONT stay here.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I should have known by the misspelling of the word road "Rodeway" They should simply tear this place down if you stay here you will die possibly be murdered in your sleep, I'm exaggerating actually you can't sleep here, too many crack heads living there screaming bloody murder in the middle of the night. They could possibly salvage this place by turning it into a haunted house as there was already dry blood stains scattered about our room. I don't know which was worse the black mold, the smell of the nasty greasy carpets or the gun shots ringing out at all hours of the night, either way what ever you do avoid this place like the plague!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2013

went to this hotel on may 16 with my husband and my twin sons and one of their girlfriend
our room was on the 4th floor and we would never told and I didn't ask if there was an elevator because my husband can't walk stairs very well we stayed there because we were going a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas and Nassau on the 17th got to our room and there were 2 full beds and one of the beds there were holes in the blanket from smoking also there were no chair or desk in the room the good thing I can say is the bed was very comfortable and the room was very small the breakfast which was suppose to be continental was not very good

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I booked this hotel for the weekend during a conference. I got the 1 bedroom suite. Unfortunately the one bedroom part did not exist. The room was about $30 more a night than the other rooms, yet it was twice as small.
The TV was broken and the remote did not work (even after fresh batteries). The toilet was also broken, so I fixed it myself.
Obviously the room was not vacuumed as I found pubic hair in 2 places around the room.
Worst of all was the service! The staff were extremely rude and when you asked for assistance they tried to avoid you.
When I arrived to check in, they asked why my credit card did not work prior to me checking in? In other words they tried to use my credit card without my authorization. After checking out, I realized that they had taken a 'bond' for the room, which was also not agreed. They took $200, which took 9 days for me to get back.
I had other friends that stayed there the same weekend and they had the same problem. My best friend being charged over $200 for a bond yet his room cost half as much as mine.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I went to a motel for $32/night and was much much better than this place. Unfortunately I had to stay at this place because of its closeness to my business. I stayed there for a week.
-The staff were very unfriendly and sometimes impolite especially the front desk, they acted like they were my boss!
- The worst breakfast you may have is at this location. First they give you a coupon and then you must go to a restaurant. You have to choose one drink (tea, coffee, juice) and either a small muffin or toasted bread+jam! For more drinks you have to pay!
- The towels were not very clean.
- The shower was either very hot or cold... I talked with them and the front desk they sent someone who did nothing. I got cold shower all week.
- The parking is sucks since it is very tied and after parking the car, you cannot come out easily!
- There was no fridge in the room while they knew I would stay for a week.
- They have not removed the plastic bag of the mattresses so you sweat when sleeping!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business